winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,496

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread: Part Two** 

Post#1281 » by winforlose » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Capela's contract expires at the end of 24-25. Not in a few years. This allows the Wolves to get back under the apron before any Brutal 2 year penalty. I know he's not a perfect fit, but the trade has to have matching salary doesn't it? My proposal accounts for that.

DJM is a great player IMO. Just a notch below KAT at more than $20 million less per year and he's locked up for years. Who is the player on KAT's level we could get that would save us the money needed to get under the Apron, but we wouldn't lose to Free Agency or have to resign to an amount that would put us over the apron once again. They're not going to give us DJM, Jalen Johnson and more. If you think they would I believe you are living in La La land. I want to hear you propose a deal that the other team would likely accept and give us the return that you want us to get.

Give me till after the playoffs and remind me. The deal will depend on how well we do, how well KAT plays, and who if anyone gets seriously injured in the playoffs (I mean miss next season injured.) After that, I can give you multiple realistic proposals.

Realistic is the point. You have IMO pie in the sky optimism about what we could get. I too would prefer DJM, Jalen Johnson and more. We ask for that they may be so offended they cut off all communication with us. I'm very much looking forward to your multiple realistic proposals.

Me too. All that I ask is you remind me when the playoffs are over (hopefully June for us.)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,786

Post#1282 » by shrink » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:19 pm

DeJounte Murray is a good player, but how would you rank him among the top 25 starting PGs? I saw these tiers somewhere

Superstars (1-3): Luka Doncic, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Stephen Curry
All Stars (4-9): Tyrese Haliburton, Jalen Brunson, Tyrese Maxey, Damian Lillard, Trae Young, De’Aaron Fox
Exceptional (10-16): James Harden, Jamal Murray, Jrue Holiday, LaMelo Ball, Darius Garland, Coby White, Cade Cunningham
Good (17-22): Russell Westbrook, D’Angelo Russell, Mike Conley, CJ McCollum, Fred VanVleet, Immanuel Quickley
Others (23-25): Keyonte George, Tyus Jones, Tre Jones

The lower you place DeJounte on the list, the more common it is for an opponent to have an advantage at the position. Moreover, the trade value needed to get players at the top is far far greater than ones at the bottom, which sometimes can be found cast off in free agency.

Personally, while I like DeJounte, I have a hard time placing him in the top half of starting PG’s. The position is laden with talent.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,995

Post#1283 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:21 pm

shrink wrote:DeJounte Murray is a good player, but how would you rank him among the top 25 starting PGs? I saw these tiers somewhere

All Stars (4-9): Tyrese Haliburton, Jalen Brunson, Tyrese Maxey, Damian Lillard, Trae Young, De’Aaron Fox
Exceptional (10-16): James Harden, Jamal Murray, Jrue Holiday, LaMelo Ball, Darius Garland, Coby White, Cade Cunningham
Good (17-22): Russell Westbrook, D’Angelo Russell, Mike Conley, CJ McCollum, Fred VanVleet, Immanuel Quickley

The lower you place DeJounte on the list, the more common it is for an opponent to have an advantage at the position. Moreover, the trade value needed to get players at the top is far far greater than ones at the bottom, which sometimes can be found cast off in free agency.

Personally, while I like DeJounte, I have a hard time placing him in the top half of starting PG’s. The position is laden with talent.

He's probably between exceptional and good. His time in Atlanta did him no favors.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,278

Post#1284 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:23 pm

shrink wrote:DeJounte Murray is a good player, but how would you rank him among the top 25 starting PGs? I saw these tiers somewhere

I'd put him above Trae Young...

But its not a simple KAT for Murray swap.

Its potentially a KAT for Murray, Naz, NAW and other assets.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,786

Post#1285 » by shrink » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:26 pm

Here’s PF rankings

Superstars (1-3): Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant
All-Stars (4-11): Paul George, Paolo Banchero, Karl-Anthony Towns, Lauri Markkanen, Julius Randle, Pascal Siakam, Jalen Williams, Zion Williamson

And I personally wouldn’t include some of these guys like Randle at Towns level
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Post#1286 » by KGdaBom » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:35 am

I see him in the 10-16 group pushing the 4-9 group. He plays much better defense than most of them.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,003

Post#1287 » by wolves_89 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

Over his last 3 seasons Murray had one All-star level year (2021-22) and two years that at best would fall in the good category. I think Murray's value depends heavily on whether you believe the All-star level year was a one time thing, or if the right coach and situation could get him back to that level.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1288 » by KGdaBom » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:01 am

I don't get the lack of love for Dejounte. He scores, distributes, rebounds and plays very good D. Nothing he doesn't do well as far as I can tell.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#1289 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:I don't get the lack of love for Dejounte. He scores, distributes, rebounds and plays very good D. Nothing he doesn't do well as far as I can tell.

He’s even turned into a more than solid 3pt shooter. He’s significantly upped his attempts and % each of the past 3 years.

He’s a horrible fit next to Young (which may have caused some to doubt him), but I’m convinced Young can drag down anyone he’s paired with.

His only real negative is he doesn’t get to the line.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1290 » by KGdaBom » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:14 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I don't get the lack of love for Dejounte. He scores, distributes, rebounds and plays very good D. Nothing he doesn't do well as far as I can tell.

He’s even turned into a more than solid 3pt shooter. He’s significantly upped his attempts and % each of the past 3 years.

He’s a horrible fit next to Young (which may have caused some to doubt him), but I’m convinced Young can drag down anyone he’s paired with.

Thanks. I'm starting to appreciate you.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1291 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:14 am

I think some people see him like a Russell Westbrook, who puts up numbers but not always impact.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#1292 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:34 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

I’ll end up back on your ignore list eventually…
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1293 » by KGdaBom » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:38 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

If you get totally negative and pick fights with me over trivial things maybe, but you've been doing less of that and earned a longer leash :lol: :oops:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,496

Post#1294 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:53 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Thanks. I'm starting to appreciate you.

If you get totally negative and pick fights with me over trivial things maybe, but you've been doing less of that and earned a longer leash :lol: :oops:

Can’t we all just get along ;)
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 212

Post#1295 » by frankenwolf » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:21 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Can’t we all just get along ;)

What's the fun in that? :lol: :noway:
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
Guidus88
Junior
And1: 115

Post#1296 » by Guidus88 » Today 1:15 pm

UP!

KAT was great in the series! let's give him the credit he deserves!
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,732

Post#1297 » by Shaka_Zulu » Today 1:24 pm

That was by far his best career game in playoffs. Awesome game, and good series, he can keep this up if like Ant said in press conference, he stays out of foul trouble lol.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1298 » by Klomp » Today 7:14 pm

I wonder...would you guys make any comparison from Towns to someone we're about to see again in Aaron Gordon? Miscast as the "team leader" on bad Orlando/Minnesota teams, but able to conform to a supporting role. The change happened differently, where Gordon had to be traded from Orlando while Towns made a jump by Minnesota adding a player above him to help find his proper role.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves