ImageImageImage

Don't speed it up: Wolves sign Slo-Mo Kyle Anderson (2yr/$18M)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Re: Don't speed it up: Wolves sign Slo-Mo Kyle Anderson (2yr/$18M) 

Post#141 » by TheZachAttack » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:47 pm

I bet my life savings that he won't extend. LMK if you need to ask me why
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#142 » by Colbinii » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:30 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:I bet my life savings that he won't extend. LMK if you need to ask me why

He can't extend.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,728

Post#143 » by minimus » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:51 pm

Underrated. Kyle is a true glue guy for this team. I thought that with Towns, re-signed McDaniels and Josh Minott and Leonard Miller, Kyle's role will decrease. But I was wrong. Kyle took our offense under control in a game against MIA. He was money against UTA. He has been a key defensive wing from bench with MacDaniels clearly struggling. He has been again our second best passing option when it comes to feed Gobert in the paint. He is a part of our oversized linenup when he plays at SF, he is part of our smallball lineup when he plays PF/C.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,561

Post#144 » by TimberKat » Sun Nov 5, 2023 6:33 pm

If he keeps playing the way he did, we will have drop Brown and Milton. Maybe trade JMcD, Miller or Minott.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,300

Post#145 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:52 pm

We’re not trading McDaniels to keep Andersen.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,105

Post#146 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 6, 2023 8:45 pm

minimus wrote:Underrated. Kyle is a true glue guy for this team. I thought that with Towns, re-signed McDaniels and Josh Minott and Leonard Miller, Kyle's role will decrease. But I was wrong. Kyle took our offense under control in a game against MIA. He was money against UTA. He has been a key defensive wing from bench with MacDaniels clearly struggling. He has been again our second best passing option when it comes to feed Gobert in the paint. He is a part of our oversized linenup when he plays at SF, he is part of our smallball lineup when he plays PF/C.

I came into the year thinking the top nine could all average 20 mpg. NAW (19.4) and Milton (17.6) are currently lower, but we're not far off. Miller and Minott are nonfactors for rotation minutes all season long with good health. Interestingly, Kyle (26.0) is well above Jaden (21.7) in playing time, due mostly to the minutes restriction in his first game and foul trouble in the other two.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 6, 2023 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM

Post#148 » by minimus » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:59 pm

Read on Twitter

I wonder if we can easily replace Anderson next year. He is vital part of our defense, but this year he is struggling mighty to shoot consistently from 3pt. One temporary solution might be replacing Milton minutes with Brown, once McLaughlin and McDaniels are back.

Reid-Anderson-Brown-NAW-McLaughlin as workaround
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,729

Post#149 » by Clav » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:40 am

I really feel like SloMo needs to be featured as a high-post passer a little more. His game is conducive to racking up good passes. I like his close shots but he's only taken 10 threes and made 2.... that can't be the case, get him some looks in the corners at least one a game.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
minimus
RealGM

Post#150 » by minimus » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:56 am

Clav wrote:I really feel like SloMo needs to be featured as a high-post passer a little more. His game is conducive to racking up good passes. I like his close shots but he's only taken 10 threes and made 2.... that can't be the case, get him some looks in the corners at least one a game.

Anderson is not a natural shooter. Last regular season was an exception, but in playoffs he was a liability from 3pt
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 445

Post#151 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:15 am

Slomo is perfect to run the offense from second unit, considering Milton is not good at the moment. We need to add one scoring treat in this unit. Reid is too alone, NAW not totallt consistent. Maybe mixed a bit more and put KAT or ANT more there.
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 213

Post#152 » by frankenwolf » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:51 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Slomo is perfect to run the offense from second unit, considering Milton is not good at the moment. We need to add one scoring treat in this unit. Reid is too alone, NAW not totallt consistent. Maybe mixed a bit more and put KAT or ANT more there.

I think Shake will come around in time. No need to try to figure out a replacement right now.
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,526

Post#153 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:22 pm

I have been hard on Kyle this year. Last night he had 10 assists for 2 turnovers. He also grabbed 4 rebounds and shot 2 of 4 with four points in 23:13. Is this version of Kyle 4/4/10 playable in the playoffs?
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,561

Post#154 » by TimberKat » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:53 pm

winforlose wrote:I have been hard on Kyle this year. Last night he had 10 assists for 2 turnovers. He also grabbed 4 rebounds and shot 2 of 4 with four points in 23:13. Is this version of Kyle 4/4/10 playable in the playoffs?

Is Ben Simmons playable in playoffs? I think he is in a backup utility mode. 20 min a game max. At least he was effective driving to the basket. Maybe he will get his 3pt shooting touch back later this year
winforlose
General Manager

Post#155 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:16 pm

TimberKat wrote:
winforlose wrote:I have been hard on Kyle this year. Last night he had 10 assists for 2 turnovers. He also grabbed 4 rebounds and shot 2 of 4 with four points in 23:13. Is this version of Kyle 4/4/10 playable in the playoffs?

Is Ben Simmons playable in playoffs? I think he is in a backup utility mode. 20 min a game max. At least he was effective driving to the basket. Maybe he will get his 3pt shooting touch back later this year

I honestly struggle with that question. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. But I see Kyle as a having a much lower floor and ceiling then Simmons. Simmons floor is a solid passer and defender afraid to shoot layups and unable to hit free throws. I see Kyle as less gifted off the dribble, less able to finish at the rim, an inferior defender, and more likely to turn it over. Then again Kyle is paid a lot less and is not a starter. Kyle is to Simmons what Naz was to KAT. Still, I don’t know the answer to my above question. If good Kyle is 10/2 ast/to with 4/4/10 stat line, can that make up for the lack of spacing and offensive gravity.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#156 » by Note30 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:18 pm

TimberKat wrote:

back? he's made 5 his whole career.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#157 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:19 pm

Note30 wrote:
TimberKat wrote:

back? he's made 5 his whole career.

I think he meant Kyle.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,147

Post#158 » by Domejandro » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:28 pm

Ultimately, it is match-up dependent. Kyle Anderson is exceptionally important as a zone-buster (with his faciliating and floater), it basically depends on whether or not he is a net-positive defensively. For high-paced teams like Sacramento, he may not be an ideal fit, but he is exceptionally important as an option to throw against Denver and Oklahoma City.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#159 » by winforlose » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:35 am

Paraphrasing Dane’s deep dive of Kyle Anderson’s offense. “Other than Shake Milton no Timberwolf is worse for scoring than Kyle. They are 6.1 points worse when Kyle is on the floor vs off the floor per 100 possessions.” This is not to suggest he has no value. This is just the statistical side of the conversation from yesterday’s game thread.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:52 am

winforlose wrote:Paraphrasing Dane’s deep dive of Kyle Anderson’s offense. “Other than Shake Milton no Timberwolf is worse for scoring than Kyle. They are 6.1 points worse when Kyle is on the floor vs off the floor per 100 possessions.” This is not to suggest he has no value. This is just the statistical side of the conversation from yesterday’s game thread.

And yet...Finch had him on the floor in the critical closing moments of last night's game.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves