ImageImageImage

We got Luka (Garza)!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Re: We got Luka (Garza)! 

Post#81 » by twolves31 » Mon Jul 3, 2023 9:49 pm

I hope Garza is working his butt off this off season and earns a 2 way contract conversion before the end of the season so he can be available for the playoffs.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#82 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#83 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:57 am

Kind of a cool podcast, if you have the time to check it out.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#84 » by younggunsmn » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:36 pm

Thanks for posting these clips Klomp, some good finds lately.

Some posters more positive, others negative, but posting good team related content always a big A+ in my book.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:56 pm

younggunsmn wrote:Thanks for posting these clips Klomp, some good finds lately.

Some posters more positive, others negative, but posting good team related content always a big A+ in my book.

It's the boring part of the offseason, which is made worse approaching a full month in a hospital swing bed. These clips are a big part of what's keeping me sane after surgery.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter

(Body fat was measured at 11.7% at the 2021 NBA Combine)

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,518

Post#87 » by TimberKat » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:26 pm

Klomp wrote:

I hope the transformation will turn him into a steady contributor and regular in the Wolves line up but he still look a little awkward in those drills.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#88 » by younggunsmn » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:32 pm

Klomp wrote:

It's the boring part of the offseason, which is made worse approaching a full month in a hospital swing bed. These clips are a big part of what's keeping me sane after surgery.

Sorry to hear that I hope you get better soon!
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#89 » by TimberKat » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:37 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Sorry to hear that I hope you get better soon!

Hope you feel better soon. Not I feel bad because I am just sitting in my lazy chair and posting too much. Although I do have a good excuse today - watching thunder storm.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#90 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:49 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Two things stood out in that video. One where he was doing the "Crane" technique (0:48). If he do right no can defend. The other he was running the steps up to the Rocky Statue (1:32). We all know how it worked out for Daniel and Rocky.

I finally got the Miyagi quote right. :D
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#91 » by TimberKat » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:15 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Two things stood out in that video. One where he was doing the "Crane" technique. If he does that properly no one can defend him. The other he was running the steps up to the Rocky Statue. We all know how it worked out for Daniel and Rocky.

Got destroyed by Apollo?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#92 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:20 am

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Two things stood out in that video. One where he was doing the "Crane" technique. If he does that properly no one can defend him. The other he was running the steps up to the Rocky Statue. We all know how it worked out for Daniel and Rocky.

Got destroyed by Apollo?

Lost a split decision the first time, but gained respect. He then beat him next time around. :D :lol:
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#93 » by minimus » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:37 am

Klomp wrote:

Get well, Klomp! We need a healthy season from everyone
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#94 » by NebWolvesFan » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:03 pm

If Garza could just get strong enough to be a solid rebounder, he could be an NBA player. While it would be great if every NBA post player was Ben Wallace, the fact is most players in the NBA are weak defenders or better yet most NBA players are insanely good scorers. My problem with Luka last year was he struggled to get tough defensive boards. If he can improve that facet of his game, I could see him being a solid player on a solid team.
minimus
RealGM

Post#95 » by minimus » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:36 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:If Garza could just get strong enough to be a solid rebounder, he could be an NBA player. While it would be great if every NBA post player was Ben Wallace, the fact is most players in the NBA are weak defenders or better yet most NBA players are insanely good scorers. My problem with Luka last year was he struggled to get tough defensive boards. If he can improve that facet of his game, I could see him being a solid player on a solid team.

He is strong enough to fight for rebounds, he also has good hands because he is able to catch difficult passes. But. He is a complete non leaper with slow feets. Maybe he can watch some Kevin Love tapes when Kevin was still a bit overweight
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,733

Post#96 » by shrink » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:50 pm

You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability

Lu-ka. Lu-ka. Lu-ka.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#97 » by TimberKat » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:24 pm

shrink wrote:
You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability

Lu-ka. Lu-ka. Lu-ka.

I am sure that is how Luka feels when countryman GM Divac pass him up for Marvin Bagley III. :D
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#98 » by NebWolvesFan » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:32 pm

minimus wrote:
NebWolvesFan wrote:If Garza could just get strong enough to be a solid rebounder, he could be an NBA player. While it would be great if every NBA post player was Ben Wallace, the fact is most players in the NBA are weak defenders or better yet most NBA players are insanely good scorers. My problem with Luka last year was he struggled to get tough defensive boards. If he can improve that facet of his game, I could see him being a solid player on a solid team.

He is strong enough to fight for rebounds, he also has good hands because he is able to catch difficult passes. But. He is a complete non leaper with slow feets. Maybe he can watch some Kevin Love tapes when Kevin was still a bit overweight

Don't disagree, but my hope is that he can get some more improved lower body strength and box out better. Might be a long shot, but I'm hoping he can improve his rebounding.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:32 pm

Another fun interview from late in the season by a couple guys from Wolves Twitter

minimus
RealGM

Post#100 » by minimus » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:55 am

NebWolvesFan wrote:
minimus wrote:

Don't disagree, but my hope is that he can get some more improved lower body strength and box out better. Might be a long shot, but I'm hoping he can improve his rebounding.

Agree. I also wonder if improved mobility and quickness will help him to be in better position to rebound.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves