ImageImageImage

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,003

Re: Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#741 » by Domejandro » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 am

A big issue was that people tended to downplay the problems with Anthony Edwards as a prospect, at the time. Despite his athleticism, he was pretty brutal around the rim and sucked at finishing through contact. Generally, that is a HUGE barrier for the development of prospects that he (fortunately!) overcame.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#742 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:58 pm

Anthony Edwards plays but they get increasingly more superhuman

;t=14s&ab_channel=CoshReport
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,711

Post#743 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:33 am

Its insane to watch all that and realize it's not highlights of a finished career but a friggin 22 year old monster lol
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#744 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:27 pm

This is a very thoughtfully written piece:

Anthony Edwards and the Mindless Quest to Find the “Next Jordan”

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/3/25/24110960/anthony-edwards-michael-jordan-minnesota-timberwolves
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 675

Post#745 » by Movics » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 am

The footwork on those moves when he put his man in a blender and hit the fade away… MJ or Kobe-esque. I haven’t been this excited to watch someone since Kobe. Ant is must see TV
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,683

Post#746 » by shrink » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Spoiler:
This should be the new NBA Logo. :rofl2:
Read on Twitter
shrink
RealGM

Post#747 » by shrink » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:12 pm

Klomp found this, and the first minute is on Ant. I almost missed it, skipping to 1:28

Read on Twitter

Basically his business manager is saying that Ant doesn’t want to just go to the Olympics - he wants to compete and even start. That’s just how he’s wired.

Love it.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 413

Post#748 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:28 am

Ant yesterday speaking on very friendly terms about Rudy and saying he is a very important player who get trust from all teammates this year to do the right play. 100% sincere or not does not matter, this is one great leader do, bluid confidence around them. 22 years old and acting the right way, quite impressive. I love this kid more and more every day.
shrink
RealGM

Post#749 » by shrink » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:21 pm

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-active-basketball-news-ditching-karl-anthony-towns-anthony-edwards-should-join-one-nba-star-to-achive-kobe-bryant-success-claims-nfl-legend/

I hate the “experts” on sports talk shows, but fortunately the article says this

But all these trade talks, that’s just Sharpe because Edwards is not ready to move an inch away from Minnesota. His commitment to not be tempted to join the marquee franchises like the Los Angeles Lakers or New York Knicks can traced back to his high school days. Undeniably one of the top highschool basketball recruits, blue bloods like Kentucky, Kansas City, and others were vying to get Edwards into their programs. However, Edwards chose University of Georgia to stay close to his family.

Just two months back, in an interview with the Wolves Star, Edwards confessed that he would want to stay put with the Timberwolves, “Hell yeah, I ain’t going nowhere. As long as they don’t trade me, we good.” In fact, his business manager Justin Holland describes his commitment to the Timberwolves as “unwavering.” Apparently, the way Edwards understands his role with the long-suffering franchise is he would want players to come there and play with him to win a championship rather than switching to the “superteams.”
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 145

Post#750 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:10 pm

Postseason this year should provide everyone with a bit of insight who ant can become. Would be nice to at least get past the first round. I think we will get to the WCF. ride or die on this guys back though.. seems to show up in big moments, and whether we succeed or not isn't necessarily a career defining moment of ant's potential, but it is certainly somewhat of an indicator..
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,448

Post#751 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:48 pm

Loaf_of_bread wrote:Postseason this year should provide everyone with a bit of insight who ant can become. Would be nice to at least get past the first round. I think we will get to the WCF. ride or die on this guys back though.. seems to show up in big moments, and whether we succeed or not isn't necessarily a career defining moment of ant's potential, but it is certainly somewhat of an indicator..

In theory the deeper we get the healthier we get. Karl having time to fully reintegrate and ideally fully recover from the knee. Likewise if we win efficiently, then Ant and everyone else banged up gets more off days to rest and recover the nagging stuff that is hindering them. That said, playoffs are high minutes and high physicality games. This puts extra strain on the starters and could exacerbate those same nagging injuries. Being healthy is probably our biggest variable, as it was in 2004.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 145

Post#752 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:46 pm

I don’t care a minute about karl. This is ant's team, and the nba is about to find out what he is made of. Karl is an egg layer, softie..
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#753 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:09 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM

Post#754 » by shrink » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some good news! And I’m happy they kept the right two players from last year’s FIBA team. I expected a lot more out of JJJ and Ingram last year, Brunson was OK too.

I could easily see another Ant-Jordan comparison, if the old guys use the Olympics, to hand over the keys to the young superstar.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#755 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

shrink
RealGM

Post#756 » by shrink » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 am

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#757 » by minimus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 pm

Read on Twitter

We need a health version of Edwards. PHO dont have PoA defenders to stop him 1v1
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#758 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 pm

shrink
RealGM

Post#759 » by shrink » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 pm

On that “Mind the Game” podcast, Lebron was talking about series vs Magic and said something interesting. He said he was not disciplined jump shooter yet, and he explained what he meant by that. He said he took shots that were needleslly too difficult, and it was only later till he learned to use his superior athleticm to full advantage.

Ant, please sit next to LeBron on the Team USA bench this summer.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#760 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm

shrink wrote:
On that “Mind the Game” podcast, Lebron was talking about series vs Magic and said something interesting. He said he was not disciplined jump shooter yet, and he explained what he meant by that. He said he took shots that were needleslly too difficult, and it was only later till he learned to use his superior athleticm to full advantage.

Ant, please sit next to LeBron on the Team USA bench this summer.

This is why I absolutely believe Ant when he says he's only to around 40% of his potential at themoment. So many nuances of the game that he will learn along the way.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves