ImageImageImage

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Re: Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#661 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:26 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:This has to be one of the greatest signature shoes ever. The color scheme on this shoe is insane

Got mine as a birthday present from my wife. 8-)
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#662 » by KGdaBom » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Awesome. Do you know if she had a hard time finding them and if she got gouged on the price?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#663 » by shrink » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:35 pm

And if she has a sister?
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#664 » by WolfAddict » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:54 pm

Or a brother..? I'm happy to switch teams if I can get these shoes
_AIJ_
RealGM

Post#665 » by _AIJ_ » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:33 pm

LMAO! Thats what you get when you guys do your chores.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
_AIJ_
RealGM

Post#666 » by _AIJ_ » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Awesome. Do you know if she had a hard time finding them and if she got gouged on the price?

Not really. Originally i waited for the 12am release but wasnt lucky. She felt bad for me lol. He bought from a store here in Canada.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#667 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:32 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#668 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:11 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm a little surprised that Naz knows who Paul Pierce is. :lol: :evil:
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,011

Post#669 » by Domejandro » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:36 am

Read on Twitter

Anthony Edwards had a great game, but I just don’t understand why he finds this kind of clank acceptable up only eighteen in the third quarter, especially given Minnesota’s numerous disappointing late-game collapses over the past two seasons. Just super bizarre, and it’s pretty much on Finch for not reigning it in throughout the season.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,457

Post#670 » by winforlose » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:11 am

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Anthony Edwards had a great game, but I just don’t understand why he finds this kind of clank acceptable up only eighteen in the third quarter, especially given Minnesota’s numerous disappointing late-game collapses over the past two seasons. Just super bizarre, and it’s pretty much on Finch for not reigning it in throughout the season.

I get where you are coming from. But what we don’t see is how often it goes in during practice or shoot around. If you are Finch and Ant tells you he is trying to widen his game to include a bank shot 3 (for when his normal 3 is not falling,) do you really tell him no?
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#671 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:34 am

winforlose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get where you are coming from. But what we don’t see is how often it goes in during practice or shoot around. If you are Finch and Ant tells you he is trying to widen his game to include a bank shot 3 (for when his normal 3 is not falling,) do you really tell him no?

Not a big deal. Do not forget those kids are young and struggle to keep focus at times. Better give them some space right now, as this will not be possible when PO come. And we still win, so no issues. ANT seems to be the kind of guys quite hyperactiv, interesting with many things. Which may mean sometimes, he need to relax a bit. He improve a lot already since few weeks.
shrink
RealGM

Post#672 » by shrink » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:52 pm

With Luka turning 25, Perkins list of Best Players Under 25 is now

5. Zion
4. Haliburton
3. Wembanyama
2. Ja Morant
1. Ant

He also called Ant the “best young leader he’s ever seen.” I don’t know about “leader,” and I’d much rather have Conley or Finch leading the team, but Ant has tremendous emotional intelligence, and is a fantastic teammate the way he elevates other Wolves.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#673 » by shangrila » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

What do you expect Finch to say? "How dare you have a little fun when the team is up 18 with 40 seconds left in the quarter!"

You're making something out of nothing.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#674 » by Domejandro » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:49 pm

shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

What do you expect Finch to say? "How dare you have a little fun when the team is up 18 with 40 seconds left in the quarter!"

Yes, I expect Coach Finch to say, "Come on dude, take the game seriously when it isn't functionally over."
shangrila
RealGM

Post#675 » by shangrila » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes, I expect Coach Finch to say, "Come on dude, take the game seriously when it isn't functionally over."

The quarter is functionally over.

Again, you're making something out of nothing.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#676 » by Domejandro » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:09 pm

shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:What do you expect Finch to say? "How dare you have a little fun when the team is up 18 with 40 seconds left in the quarter!"

There is a whole quarter left of play and Minnesota is up by less than twenty. I don't think it is that hard to be serious, rather than throwing up a gimmicky shot for style-points. Just seems like a weird choice, the game was far from out of reach. The San Antonio Spurs got it down to six, late in the fourth quarter.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#677 » by shangrila » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:11 pm

Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Yes, I expect Coach Finch to say, "Come on dude, take the game seriously when it isn't functionally over."

There is a whole quarter left of play and Minnesota is up by less than twenty. I don't think it is that hard to be serious, rather than throwing up a gimmicky shot for style-points. Just seems like a weird choice.

Right, well I don't think we'll agree on this so let's just leave it here.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#678 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Yes, I expect Coach Finch to say, "Come on dude, take the game seriously when it isn't functionally over."

There is a whole quarter left of play and Minnesota is up by less than twenty. I don't think it is that hard to be serious, rather than throwing up a gimmicky shot for style-points. Just seems like a weird choice, the game was far from out of reach. The San Antonio Spurs got it down to six, late in the fourth quarter.

What was gimmicky about the shot?
Due to my crappy internet I had a hard time seeing anything gimmicky. Bank shots are scientifically proven to have a better chance of being made than straight on shots. So definitely no gimmick there.
shrink
RealGM

Post#679 » by shrink » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:54 pm

It seems to me that finishing games is one of this team’s weaknesses, and something they should work on before the playoffs.

But I get that Ant’s joy for the game is one of the things that makes him special. Tough line for a coach to walk.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#680 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:32 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
shangrila wrote:The quarter is functionally over.

What was gimmicky about the shot?
Due to my crappy internet I had a hard time seeing anything gimmicky. Bank shots are scientifically proven to have a better chance of being made than straight on shots. So definitely no gimmick there.

You haven't actually seen the study have you? Because you keep saying this without any of the qualifications or details.

The "better chance of being made" is from the wings - and no more than 12' from the basket. So you can immediately eliminate the idea that Ant's 3 point bank attempt was the right shot.

After simulating one million shots with a computer, the NC State researchers show that the bank shot can be 20 percent more effective when shooting at many angles up to a distance of about 12 feet from the basket. Bank shots are also more effective from the "wing" areas between the three-point line and the free-throw lane. However, straight-on shots – those corresponding to the area around the free-throw line – from further than 12 feet are not as well suited for bank shots.

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/559469

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves