ImageImageImage

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,018

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#1 » by Domejandro » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:03 am

1. If the previous conversation comes up, that's a suspension.

2. Do not mention the $40,000 fine, consider this first post the only discussion needed about it. I will link resources to find more.

3. Be respectful.

Here is the fine, don't discuss it. Basketball only.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,471

Re: Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#2 » by winforlose » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:28 am

Does anyone have an accurate height for Ant? I thought he was 6’7 in shoes after a two inch growth spurt last year. But I cannot find a definitive source to confirm.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:44 pm

winforlose wrote:Does anyone have an accurate height for Ant? I thought he was 6’7 in shoes after a two inch growth spurt last year. But I cannot find a definitive source to confirm.

I believe he has been growing 3 inches a year since he was drafted and is now a 7 footer. :lol:
' Honestly if the 2 inches of height rumored are true he is now 6'7" as you surmised. Stop with the in shoes crap. Not blaming you, but if I never hear or read those words again it will be too soon.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#4 » by winforlose » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:18 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:Does anyone have an accurate height for Ant? I thought he was 6’7 in shoes after a two inch growth spurt last year. But I cannot find a definitive source to confirm.

I believe he has been growing 3 inches a year since he was drafted and is now a 7 footer. :lol:
' Honestly if the 2 inches of height rumored are true he is now 6'7" as you surmised. Stop with the in shoes crap. Not blaming you, but if I never hear or read those words again it will be too soon.

I just want to revel in our size advantage as much as possible. I mean a 6’7 SG and 7’0 SF is SFC. But, if each of them grows one more inch, we would have a 6’8 SG, 7’1 SF, 6’11 PF, 7’1 C. Good luck guarding that. Hell even Dlo at 6’4 is big for a PG. They call them the Twin Cities Skyline for a reason.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,710

Post#5 » by shrink » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:47 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Stop with the in shoes crap. Not blaming you, but if I never hear or read those words again it will be too soon.

Agreed - the nba needs to just take barefoot measurements, and not lie about them in their media.

Btw, I am 10’2 on stilts, and 50000’ on airplanes. I’m so tall then, you all look like ants to me ..even Ant.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#6 » by winforlose » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:28 pm

shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Stop with the in shoes crap. Not blaming you, but if I never hear or read those words again it will be too soon.

Agreed - the nba needs to just take barefoot measurements, and not lie about them in their media.

Btw, I am 10’2 on stilts, and 50000’ on airplanes. I’m so tall then, you all look like ants to me ..even Ant.

They don’t play barefoot or on stilts. The players wear shoes to play, so their playing height is their height plus their shoes’ height.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#7 » by Worm Guts » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:41 pm

winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:

They don’t play barefoot or on stilts. The players wear shoes to play, so their playing height is their height plus their shoes’ height.

There’s no need to measure equipment unless you’re evaluating the equipment. If you want to measure the person, he should be barefoot.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#8 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:11 pm

winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:

That's a load of crap. Their height is whatever height they are barefoot and they can wear whatever shoes they want.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#9 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:11 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:Agreed - the nba needs to just take barefoot measurements, and not lie about them in their media.

There’s no need to measure equipment unless you’re evaluating the equipment. If you want to measure the person, he should be barefoot.

Thank you.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#10 » by Dewey » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:52 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:Agreed - the nba needs to just take barefoot measurements, and not lie about them in their media.

That's a load of crap. Their height is whatever height they are barefoot and they can wear whatever shoes they want.

I agree. Feet on the ground and back to the wall.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,710

Post#11 » by shrink » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:54 pm

winforlose wrote:
shrink wrote:

The problem is that they wear different types of shoes, particularly when they want to .. enhance .. their physical measurements.

The other problem is that the organization tends to give out different measurements to the media. I hate when I hear some sportscaster say, “Player X is listed as 6-6, but when I was in a room with him, he seemed closer to 6’3.” Just give us the real numbers!

Lots of teams and players benefit if they make their measurements a little bigger. However, I remember when KG was a skinny SF, and he insisted he be listed at 6’11,” because he didn’t want to be categorized as a 7-footer and probably forced to play center. He joked in later years that he should have been listed as 6’13! :lol:
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#12 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:17 pm

I guess I've never cared how tall anyone is. To me, things like wingspan and standing reach are so much more important.

Elton Brand had a 7'6 wingspan, but was listed at 6'9 because he has no neck.Would he be a different player if he had a normal neck and could be listed at 6'11? Funnily I guess some teams would be more likely to play him at C if he had the latter height - even though those 2 inches provide no functional advantage.

Knowing players barefoot height feels like minutia or trivia to me. Measure them in the shoes they actually play in and I'm good. That said, I also would like to see NFL players run the 40 in full gear. Knowing who "slows down in pads" would actually be good info.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#13 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:55 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:I guess I've never cared how tall anyone is. To me, things like wingspan and standing reach are so much more important.

Elton Brand had a 7'6 wingspan, but was listed at 6'9 because he has no neck.Would he be a different player if he had a normal neck and could be listed at 6'11? Funnily I guess some teams would be more likely to play him at C if he had the latter height - even though those 2 inches provide no functional advantage.

Knowing players barefoot height feels like minutia or trivia to me. Measure them in the shoes they actually play in and I'm good. That said, I also would like to see NFL players run the 40 in full gear. Knowing who "slows down in pads" would actually be good info.

Reach and eye level are more useful than height at top of the head. I still hate the BS of adding the shoes. Randy Brewer was 7'4" but was effectively 7"0" due to how long his forehead was.
In football if they made them run in pads I bet there would be specially designed 40 yard dash pads.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:28 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:I guess I've never cared how tall anyone is. To me, things like wingspan and standing reach are so much more important.

Reach and eye level are more useful than height at top of the head. I still hate the BS of adding the shoes. Randy Brewer was 7'4" but was effectively 7"0" due to how long his forehead was.
In football if they made them run in pads I bet there would be specially designed 40 yard dash pads.

As long as their eyes are in their head, I couldn't care less abut "eye level".
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#15 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:39 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

You are being cranky as hell. Eye level is important for seeing over the defenders to make passes and shots. Eye level is very important.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:47 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Reach and eye level are more useful than height at top of the head. I still hate the BS of adding the shoes. Randy Brewer was 7'4" but was effectively 7"0" due to how long his forehead was.

You are being cranky as hell. Eye level is important for seeing over the defenders to make passes and shots. Eye level is very important.

Guess they should add "eye level" to the combine measurements...
winforlose
General Manager

Post#17 » by winforlose » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:15 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Also make everyone shave their head so hair doesn’t get measured.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#18 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:46 am

I still think Ant is the first option this season
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#19 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:24 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Yes they should. Thank you. It's one of the most important measurements for a basketball player. Instead they use height and that infers eye level.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#20 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:26 pm

winforlose wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:You are being cranky as hell. Eye level is important for seeing over the defenders to make passes and shots. Eye level is very important.

Also make everyone shave their head so hair doesn’t get measured.

Back in the Afro days I wonder if measurements were done from the top of the afro. That would add 6 inches. :lol:
Regardless height really is not the measurement that matters. Reach and eye level are.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves