ImageImageImage

Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Re: Anthony Edwards Thread: Part Two (Read First Post) 

Post#681 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:52 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:There is a whole quarter left of play and Minnesota is up by less than twenty. I don't think it is that hard to be serious, rather than throwing up a gimmicky shot for style-points. Just seems like a weird choice, the game was far from out of reach. The San Antonio Spurs got it down to six, late in the fourth quarter.

What was gimmicky about the shot?
Due to my crappy internet I had a hard time seeing anything gimmicky. Bank shots are scientifically proven to have a better chance of being made than straight on shots. So definitely no gimmick there.

You haven't actually seen the study have you? Because you keep saying this without any of the qualifications or details.

The "better chance of being made" is from the wings - and no more than 12' from the basket. So you can immediately eliminate the idea that Ant's 3 point bank attempt was the right shot.

After simulating one million shots with a computer, the NC State researchers show that the bank shot can be 20 percent more effective when shooting at many angles up to a distance of about 12 feet from the basket. Bank shots are also more effective from the "wing" areas between the three-point line and the free-throw lane. However, straight-on shots – those corresponding to the area around the free-throw line – from further than 12 feet are not as well suited for bank shots.

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/559469

Thanks for sharing. You are correct. I haven't seen the new study. I'm going off what I learned in the 1970s. That said your new study only stated that further out and more straight on the bank shot became less of an advantage. It did not say on a quick glance that the advantage was completely negated. 20% more efficient is massive on the 12 foot or less shots from the wings. Ant's shot was from the wing, but much more than 12 feet. It still may have had a larger margin of error meaning a greater area to hit with the shot going in.

Bank shots are not gimmicks and I'm glad that Ant utilizes them possibly more than any other NBA player. The more he does this the better he will get at them and it will lead to a higher FG%.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,471

Post#682 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:57 am

So to be clear. Ant is dating a woman. He gets her pregnant. Then he cheats on her, gets the other woman pregnant. Ant then bribes the other woman 100k to have an abortion. She then outs him on the whole arrangement, and “send da video” is born. Then, Ant leaves the game tonight to be there when his actual GF gives birth. I didn’t know we filmed soap operas in Minnesota.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,123

Post#683 » by m2002brian » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:10 am

winforlose wrote:So to be clear. Ant is dating a woman. He gets her pregnant. Then he cheats on her, gets the other woman pregnant. Ant then bribes the other woman 100k to have an abortion. She then outs him on the whole arrangement, and “send da video” is born. Then, Ant leaves the game tonight to be there when his actual GF gives birth. I didn’t know we filmed soap operas in Minnesota.

It’s not cheating is she’s cool with it.
BLUEGREENRED
winforlose
General Manager

Post#684 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:39 am

m2002brian wrote:
winforlose wrote:So to be clear. Ant is dating a woman. He gets her pregnant. Then he cheats on her, gets the other woman pregnant. Ant then bribes the other woman 100k to have an abortion. She then outs him on the whole arrangement, and “send da video” is born. Then, Ant leaves the game tonight to be there when his actual GF gives birth. I didn’t know we filmed soap operas in Minnesota.

It’s not cheating is she’s cool with it.

If only there was some way to know for sure. Maybe Ant should… Send da video ;)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,702

Post#685 » by shrink » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:17 am

m2002brian wrote:It’s not cheating is she’s cool with it.

Is he dating Andrei Kirilenko’s wife?
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#686 » by m2002brian » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:22 am

shrink wrote:

That may make things more awkward as is.
Although, the passing and iso skills of that kid would be off the hinges
BLUEGREENRED
winforlose
General Manager

Post#687 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:35 am

m2002brian wrote:
shrink wrote:

That may make things more awkward as is.
Although, the passing and iso skills of that kid would be off the hinges

You do realize Ant wouldn’t be procreating with AK. He wouldn’t inherit AK’s passing skills. He might get Ant’s hang time though.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#688 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:50 am

Is the woman having a baby Ant's GF or just his Baby Mama?
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,018

Post#689 » by Domejandro » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:03 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Is the woman having a baby Ant's GF or just his Baby Mama?

His actual partner, not his side chick.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#690 » by Dewey » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:14 pm

This is why some people can’t have nice things …
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#691 » by KGdaBom » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:44 am

Domejandro wrote:

OK he has a partner. That is news to me.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#692 » by Folklore » Sun Mar 3, 2024 2:24 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

She's a cougar who knew she found a simp in a teeneger after he lost his mother and grandmother. he's still a kid and didn't have real adults around him. which is why I hated that we traded away Rubio and Pat. She was the one in the car with him when he made that "mistake". He's a team player off the court but on the court he's more interested in looking for a camera to yell at and he continues to make the same mistakes. I'd get Pat back if possible just to get him to stop making mistakes that hurt the team.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#693 » by winforlose » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:42 am

Folklore wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:His actual partner, not his side chick.

She's a cougar who knew she found a simp in a teeneger after he lost his mother and grandmother. he's still a kid and didn't have real adults around him. which is why I hated that we traded away Rubio and Pat. She was the one in the car with him when he made that "mistake". He's a team player off the court but on the court he's more interested in looking for a camera to yell at and he continues to make the same mistakes. I'd get Pat back if possible just to get him to stop making mistakes that hurt the team.

Not that much of a simp if he is playing the field while she is pregnant.
shrink
RealGM

Post#694 » by shrink » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:02 am

Someone on the General Board says that Ant’s girlfriend already has a kid with rapper Chief Keef, who apparently has nine children with nine different women. :shrug:
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#695 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:19 am

I don't care much about personal life of our players as long as they do the job on the basketbal part. The story with ANT is not a big deal ( Who never cheat in life) but for me it's just show that ANT still a kid not mature yet as an adult. And you don't win championship with a kid a your main leader. Hope he grow up in the next 2 years and become what his talent allow him to be .
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#696 » by Folklore » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:13 pm

winforlose wrote:
Folklore wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:OK he has a partner. That is news to me.

Not that much of a simp if he is playing the field while she is pregnant.

He's a simp if she publicly humiliates him and he still lets her secure her 18 year bag. so after this whatever he does she's set. He's not even the a man in his own house so a leader to the team he is not.
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#697 » by m2002brian » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:43 am

It’s confirmed.

BLUEGREENRED
shrink
RealGM

Post#698 » by shrink » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:28 pm

If it wasn’t already a given, the KAT injury likely ensures Ant makes All NBA.

This will mean his Year One salary will start $7 mil higher.

I’m happy to see him earn the award - he deserves it - but pretty hard on our luxury taxes.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,513

Post#699 » by TimberKat » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:03 pm

shrink wrote:If it wasn’t already a given, the KAT injury likely ensures Ant makes All NBA.

This will mean his Year One salary will start $7 mil higher.

I’m happy to see him earn the award - he deserves it - but pretty hard on our luxury taxes.

Yes, that is tough with two "Super"max. Although I always assumed new management was willing to go into tax territory when they made the Gobert trade. It's more a matter of 10mil tax or 50mil tax.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#700 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:10 pm

Those are the types of plays that could also lead to Ant getting more all-defense votes than Jaden McDaniels
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves