Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Re: The "Fire Chris Finch" Thread 

Post#361 » by shrink » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:38 pm

m2002brian wrote:
Klomp wrote:
m2002brian wrote:I love how Ant was completely left out of that whole post.
Two reasons.
Ant was doing nothing under Ryan
Our leap to the playoffs coincides with BOTH drafting Ant and hiring Finch.

I'm honestly conflicted with how I'm supposed to read this post. Finch should get some credit for getting this out of Ant, no? That might be exactly what you are saying, but I simply can't tell right now.

We are not where we are without both of them.

I’m complimenting Finch for his work while not forgetting how much of an impact Ant has had to our success also. Finch deserves a lot of credit for helping Ant be where he is. Good coaches know that sometimes you have to bend the system a little when enough talent challenges the boundaries. (ie: Pop and Manu)

Good point. And Finch knows that Ant can be coached harder than any of the other players.

Too many coaches want to be seen as “fair” and coach everyone the same. In fact, we have players speak up because they are surprised when a coach treats a superstar like the rest of his teammates, even if it’s only “accountable.” Wolves players and Ant himself have said that Finch is going the opposite way, pushing Ant harder than any of the other players. And Ant loves “Finchy” for it! Ant and the team owe Finch some respect for trying to give each player the coaching that works best for him.
shrink
RealGM

Post#362 » by shrink » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 am

I also wanted to credit Finch for not showing anything to the Suns in Game 82. They called it “going vanilla.”

Playoff games are obviously more important, but Finch probably has a shot at Coach of the Year if he finishes tied at the top of the Western Conference. The Game 82 loss probably took him out of it, but he sacrificed to improve the team’s playoff chances.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,559

Post#363 » by TimberKat » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 am

shrink wrote:I also wanted to credit Finch for not showing anything to the Suns in Game 82. They called it “going vanilla.”

Playoff games are obviously more important, but Finch probably has a shot at Coach of the Year if he finishes tied at the top of the Western Conference. A loss probably took him out of it, but he sacrificed to improve the team’s playoff chances.

I am glad we won two games but still don't but that argument. I do feel the energy level of Ant, Towns, and team are much higher than game 82.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 612

Post#364 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am

TwolvesFanRome wrote:Ok I think it's time to start talking about it. After 27 games, the team still doesn't show that they have an idea of ​​the game, defensive mechanisms and offensive fluidity. We don't have a soul and an identity. And in my opinion many of these things (if not all) depend on the ability of the coach and his staff to pass it on to the players. Not to mention the way to manage the game...now pathetic at times especially in the management of TO.

Guys, we're too ugly to be true, let's be serious.

If we took the names off the shirts we could say we were playing with a vintage starting five like that:

Telfair Foye Snyder Gomes Jefferson

but is not! The team is good even if obviously (as in almost all teams) something is missing to be perfect. But a team that starts with Russell Edwards McDaniels KAT Gobert can't suck like this. Good players come off the bench (we are deep this year). What the heck is missing? the handle is missing!

The first alarm bells came last year and we all saw how both the team and Finch threw a series against Memphis that could be won. With the trade for Rudy we have effectively mortgaged our future but in my opinion Finch is not able to lead a team that has the ambition to become important (contender?) within one / two / three years. Before it's too late, in my opinion, we should look for a new Head Coach.

I've aged terribly! This is why I have been following basketball since I was little but I work in a bank. And Finch works as the HC of an NBA team. Whenever you want, brother wolves, I'll open a topic like this, if it has the same effect!! AAAAAARROOOOOOO!!!
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 445

Post#365 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

I say the same thing on Jazz Forum. Wolves definitely a good team but still far from being a contender...never have been so happy to be wrong.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#366 » by TimberKat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 pm

We still want to talk about fire Finch after three straight wins vs PHX :D I think the Wolves are a real contender if Ant keeps scoring in mid range and passing out of double team the way he is being doing. Gobert keep hitting his FTs. This team also plays with a lot more energy in the playoffs because the rest between games.
shrink
RealGM

Re: The "Chris Finch" Thread 

Post#367 » by shrink » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:I've aged terribly! This is why I have been following basketball since I was little but I work in a bank. And Finch works as the HC of an NBA team. Whenever you want, brother wolves, I'll open a topic like this, if it has the same effect!! AAAAAARROOOOOOO!!!

You know, you could go back to the first post in the thread, hit “edit,” and change the title of the thread? :wink:
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#368 » by TimberKat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

shrink wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:I've aged terribly! This is why I have been following basketball since I was little but I work in a bank. And Finch works as the HC of an NBA team. Whenever you want, brother wolves, I'll open a topic like this, if it has the same effect!! AAAAAARROOOOOOO!!!

You know, you could go back to the first post in the thread, hit “edit,” and change the title of the thread? :wink:

Let's hold on to that idea until the end of the season :wink:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,525

Post#369 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 pm

They big thing happen in 3s.

1. Finch is snubbed for COTY
2. Finch is hobbled by a dirty Booker foul
3. Finch wins his first playoff series as a HC

All in one night.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,209

Post#370 » by Neeva » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm

LOL at this becoming the official Finch thread.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,860

Re: The "Chris Finch" Thread 

Post#371 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:27 am

shrink wrote:

Yes please. Change this to The Official Chris Finch Thread. Those who want to fire him can still discuss that here. I'm concerned how his injury could affect the team. Coaches do matter.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#372 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:29 am

If this won't be changed I'll just open "The Official Chris Finch Thread."
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,567

Post#373 » by WolfAddict » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:14 am

I personally don't think it's going to be that big of an impact - The systems are already in place and it's just about tweaking game plans now - X's and O's - He'll be fine calling plays from the bench or relaying them through assistants and whatnot.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#374 » by TimberKat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:26 am

He still can coach the team right? Just on crutches or wheelchair.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,126

Post#375 » by m2002brian » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:29 am

The stories he’ll have for his nieces and nephews when he tells them of his first NBA championship are going to be unbelievable.
BLUEGREENRED
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,105

Post#376 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 am

m2002brian wrote:The stories he’ll have for his nieces and nephews when he tells them of his first NBA championship are going to be unbelievable.

I can picture it now, Adam Silver getting ready to give the Larry O'Brien Trophy to the NBA champions, and by his side are Chris Finch and Glen Taylor both in wheelchairs.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer

Post#377 » by TwolvesFanRome » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:03 am

KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:

Yes please. Change this to The Official Chris Finch Thread. Those who want to fire him can still discuss that here. I'm concerned how his injury could affect the team. Coaches do matter.

I'll edit but...
Can I change the title after the end of this season? :meditate: 8-)
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#378 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shrink wrote:You know, you could go back to the first post in the thread, hit “edit,” and change the title of the thread? :wink:

I'll edit but...
Can I change the title after the end of this season? :meditate: 8-)

You can do whatever you want, but I feel now would be a great time for it. Create some good Karma.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer

Re: The Official Chris Finch Thread 

Post#379 » by TwolvesFanRome » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm

Done! Let's Go Wolves!

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,525

Re: The Official Chris Finch Thread 

Post#380 » by winforlose » Thu May 2, 2024 10:09 pm

Finch had Surgery on Wednesday, May 1st, he surprised the team in their film session today Thursday, May 2nd. He also was present and giving instructions at the practice. That man is nothing if not dedicated.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves