Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Re: Identity crisis? 

Post#261 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:20 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:Do MIN have problems with opponent big scoring wings such as DDR, KD?

Every team has trouble with KD. Who is DDR? Sounds like Deutch Democratic Republic.

Take a few seconds to think about whose initials it could be...Demar DeRozan.

Anywho good catch Klomp. When I was 40 I probably would have caught it too, but my 65 year old brain doesn't have the same instant recall.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,496

Post#262 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:23 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Every team has trouble with KD. Who is DDR? Sounds like Deutch Democratic Republic.

Take a few seconds to think about whose initials it could be...Demar DeRozan.

Anywho good catch Klomp. When I was 40 I probably would have caught it too, but my 65 year old brain doesn't have the same instant recall.

DDR is the common abbreviation on RealGM. If you don’t spend a lot of time on the trade or general boards you could easily miss it. It really isn’t big deal.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,850

Post#263 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:25 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:Take a few seconds to think about whose initials it could be...Demar DeRozan.

DDR is the common abbreviation on RealGM. If you don’t spend a lot of time on the trade or general boards you could easily miss it. It really isn’t big deal.

You gave me some +1s. Are you a fan of the Movie Gotcha?
Great movie starring Anthony Edwards Goose of Top Gun fame and Linda Fiorentino of Men in Black and Vision quest.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,496

Post#264 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 7, 2024 11:52 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Anywho good catch Klomp. When I was 40 I probably would have caught it too, but my 65 year old brain doesn't have the same instant recall.

You gave me some +1s. Are you a fan of the Movie Gotcha?
Great movie starring Anthony Edwards Goose of Top Gun fame and Linda Fiorentino of Men in Black and Vision quest.

I have been where you were. Not grasping an abbreviation that others get instinctively. The and 1s were in support of you.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,778

Post#265 » by shrink » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:24 pm

From now on, I am going to try to remember to refer to DeRozan as “Dance Dance Revolution”
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,778

Post#266 » by shrink » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:33 pm

Britt made the point earlier this week, that Finch has been able to use this season to experiment with lots of defenses, which will only help us on the playoffs. HOU tried to go smallball against us, and this time, we were like, “oh yeah? We can stop that too.”

And winforlose is correct, that our defensive plan is to take away three pointers, and if a player dribbles past them, we have Gobert inside waiting for them. No individual defense can stop every shot, but mid-rangers are analytically the worst shots to take. Not only are teams limited by only a handful of players that can make that shot enough for it to payoff, but those players would have to make it payoff for an entire 7-game series. And of course, we have defensive athletes that can counter if we are forced to.

I have a lot of confidence in the team, and from the defense we’ve seen so far, they deserve that confidence.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves