Edwards/NAW/Moore
Conley/Wright/JMac
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,041

Re: 2023 Free Agency 

Post#42 » by wolves_89 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Here are the dates when decisions need to be made about Wolves players:

Conley becomes fully guaranteed on 6/24 (already happened)
Prince becomes fully guaranteed on 6/28
Knight club option date of 6/29, $380K becomes guaranteed if option is exercised
Alexander-Walker qualifying offer deadline of 6/29, qualifying offer is $7.07M
Garza qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract
Ryan qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract
McLaughlin becomes fully guaranteed on 6/30
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#43 » by minimus » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:16 pm

wolves_89 wrote:Here are the dates when decisions need to be made about Wolves players:

Knight club option date of 6/29, $380K becomes guaranteed if option is exercised
Garza qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract
Ryan qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract

We can offer Garza a new two-way???
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#44 » by wolves_89 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:17 pm

minimus wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:Here are the dates when decisions need to be made about Wolves players:

We can offer Garza a new two-way???

Players are eligible for two-way contracts up to the point they've played in an NBA game in 4 different season. Garza only has games in 2 NBA seasons.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#45 » by wolves_89 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:12 pm

I'm thinking the Naz signing makes it even more likely that Prince is moved. With Naz needing minutes, I'm expecting to see Anderson spending more time at SF, meaning there are fewer minutes for Taurean.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,198

Post#46 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:20 pm

wolves_89 wrote:I'm thinking the Naz signing makes it even more likely that Prince is moved. With Naz needing minutes, I'm expecting to see Anderson spending more time at SF, meaning there are fewer minutes for Taurean.

Anderson gets all of his minutes at PG, problem solved!

Yeah I say it sarcastically but I kinda believe it would work. Conley, Edwards, McDaniels, Towns and Gobert start with all of the bench minutes to Reid, Anderson, Prince and Alexander-Walker. It’s really Connelly staying true to the all-big thing as well. And I believe it enables them to stay below the luxury tax/apron.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,456

Post#47 » by younggunsmn » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:21 pm

minimus wrote:Here are the dates when decisions need to be made about Wolves players:

Prince becomes fully guaranteed on 6/28 Try to trade for a guard, if no trade, cut
Knight club option date of 6/29, $380K becomes guaranteed if option is exercised CUT
Alexander-Walker qualifying offer deadline of 6/29, qualifying offer is $7.07M Extend Offer
Garza qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract Extend Offer, try to re-sign
Ryan qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract Extend Offer
McLaughlin becomes fully guaranteed on 6/30 CUT
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by younggunsmn » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:I'm thinking the Naz signing makes it even more likely that Prince is moved. With Naz needing minutes, I'm expecting to see Anderson spending more time at SF, meaning there are fewer minutes for Taurean.

Anderson gets all of his minutes at PG, problem solved!

Yeah I say it sarcastically but I kinda believe it would work. Conley, Edwards, McDaniels, Towns and Gobert start with all of the bench minutes to Reid, Anderson, Prince and Alexander-Walker. It’s really Connelly staying true to the all-big thing as well. And I believe it enables them to stay below the luxury tax/apron.

While Slo-Mo can play there in a pinch,
Conley has an injury history and is 35, we can't afford to go into the season without a top-tier backup.
We kind of lucked out none of our guards went down for weeks at a time last year.

Prince's salary is going to need to be moved to accomplish that if we want to re-sign NAW, who can also spend time at the 3 when matching smaller lineups.
Slo-Mo can play backup 3 and we can also bring in Ryan and/or another player on a 2-way.
Prince was terrible at the 4 and we don't have minutes for him there anymore anyway.
Trying to field the best team and still stay under the tax, he's the most logical cut at this point.
minimus
RealGM

Post#49 » by minimus » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:29 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
minimus wrote:Here are the dates when decisions need to be made about Wolves players:

Prince becomes fully guaranteed on 6/28 Try to trade for a guard, if no trade, cut
Knight club option date of 6/29, $380K becomes guaranteed if option is exercised CUT
Alexander-Walker qualifying offer deadline of 6/29, qualifying offer is $7.07M Extend Offer
Garza qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract Extend Offer, try to re-sign
Ryan qualifying offer deadline 6/29, qualifying offer is a 1-year two-way contract Extend Offer

Honestly I dont see any point to cut McLaughlin if we can stay under lux
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,944

Post#50 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:34 pm

With Naz coming back does that pretty much Assure that Miller is going to spend all his time in the G League? Or is it a possible indication that KAT will be traded to Portland in a deal involving Scoot, Simons and Nurkic?
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by younggunsmn » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:45 pm

minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

He's awful and a waste of a roster spot. But so might be whatever is out there to replace him.

Derrick Rose is available and I'd take him for the vet min. Will be 35 in October.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#52 » by wolves_89 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:48 pm

minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

The Wolves can save $300K by cutting McLaughlin and replacing him with a vet min deal. With where the Wolves are with respect to the luxury tax line that $300K might actually matter.
minimus
RealGM

Post#53 » by minimus » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:49 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

He's awful and a waste of a roster spot. But so might be whatever is out there to replace him.

Derrick Rose is available and I'd take him for the vet min. Will be 35 in October.

I cant disagree more about Rose vs JMac. JMac was playing after serious injury, but when he was healthy he was one of the best backup PG in terms of AST:TO ratio, keeping pace, making right reads. Rose is 35yo scorer who cant stay on the floor.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#54 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:09 am

I am more in agreement with signing NAW and seeing what's left as a vet backup. Time will tell if Moore Jr is playable or Minott improved.

PG Conley, NAW, McClaughlin
SG Edwards, Moore
SF McDaniels, Prince, Minott
PF Towns, Anderson, Miller
C Gobert, Reid, Knight

Wonder what we would have left in space if removing Jmac and Knight
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,481

Post#55 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:15 am

Norseman79 wrote:I am more in agreement with signing NAW and seeing what's left as a vet backup. Time will tell if Moore Jr is playable or Minott improved.

PG Conley, NAW, McClaughlin
SG Edwards, Moore
SF McDaniels, Prince, Minott
PF Towns, Anderson, Miller
C Gobert, Reid, Knight

Wonder what we would have left in space if removing Jmac and Knight

Looking at that, my guess is NAW backs up Ant, Prince is gone with Anderson sliding down and taking his SF minutes, and Reid being the primary backup to both Gobert and KAT.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,632

Post#56 » by TimberKat » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:23 am

minimus wrote:If Reid leaves I would spend 18 mil in following way:

Trade TP, 2nd round pick, Knight for Delon Wright

NAW - 18mil/3yrs
Yuta Watanabe - 15mil/3yrs
Garza - 8mil/4yrs
Miller - 8mil/4yrs
Clarke - 6mil/4yrs

Gobert/Towns/Garza
Towns/Anderson/Miller
MCD/Watanabe/Minott
Edwards/NAW/Moore
Conley/Wright/JMac

Post didn't age well at all :) but we still have money for Yuta, Miller, or Clarke. Maybe could do a trade of TP? Are we over the cap now with Naz's contract or do we actually have time to sign people than get below by certain day? I am assuming you can't split the money on a MLE.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#57 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:36 am

TimberKat wrote:

NAW - 18mil/3yrs
Garza - 8mil/4yrs
Miller - 8mil/4yrs
Clarke - 6mil/4yrs

Gobert/Towns/Garza
Towns/Anderson/Miller
MCD/Watanabe/Minott
Edwards/NAW/Moore
Conley/Wright/JMac

Post didn't age well at all :) but we still have money for Yuta, Miller, or Clarke. Maybe could do a trade of TP? Are we over the cap now with Naz's contract or do we actually have time to sign people than get below by certain day? I am assuming you can't split the money on a MLE.

Why is Watanabe someone to sign? I don't get why they would be a target? Is there something I am missing?
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#58 » by TimberKat » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:53 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
TimberKat wrote:

NAW - 18mil/3yrs
Garza - 8mil/4yrs
Miller - 8mil/4yrs
Clarke - 6mil/4yrs

Gobert/Towns/Garza
Towns/Anderson/Miller
MCD/Watanabe/Minott
Edwards/NAW/Moore
Conley/Wright/JMac

Why is Watanabe someone to sign? I don't get why they would be a target? Is there something I am missing?

Watanabe was a good 3 and D guy off the bench. I think he can replace TP. He is a more consistent player and better D than Prince.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#59 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 am

TimberKat wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
TimberKat wrote:Post didn't age well at all :) but we still have money for Yuta, Miller, or Clarke. Maybe could do a trade of TP? Are we over the cap now with Naz's contract or do we actually have time to sign people than get below by certain day? I am assuming you can't split the money on a MLE.

Watanabe was a good 3 and D guy off the bench. I think he can replace TP. He is a more consistent player and better D than Prince.

IDK, I think you might just have a man crush on him... which is fine but, I am not interested in him, nor do I think he is better than Prince.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#60 » by TimberKat » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:19 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
TimberKat wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

IDK, I think you might just have a man crush on him... which is fine but, I am not interested in him, nor do I think he is better than Prince.

Even though ignorance is bliss, you still should watch your language in posts.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves