Most Intriguing prospect in the draft
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2232356419521
Scouting report
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,054

Re: The Official Leonard Miller Thread 

Post#2 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:10 am

Love the pick. Great value on the trade and player.

He's a high level athlete, real talented, young, and he plays really hard. Love that.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,255

Post#3 » by Neeva » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:13 am

He looks fast and bouncey at his height, which bodes well. Hope he is the steal of this draft.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,105

Post#4 » by MN7725 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:17 am

Sam Vecenie (who I think is the best draft guru, or at least the most "independent" and ignores the consensus) had him 13 on his board, and had him going 19 to GSW in his podcast mock draft

hope he figures out his jump shot
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,668

Post#5 » by Note30 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:47 am

I like the pick, really high ceiling. People are saying he has a high motor and that excites me. I rather have an unpolished raw prospect with an amazing attitude than a high draft pick thats polished with a **** attitude.

His athleticism is amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using RealGM mobile app
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#6 » by Norseman79 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:00 am

I mean worst case scenario, didn't we just draft a bigger Jared Vanderbilt? And I mean worst case scenario as in what you see is what he is. Hustle heart defense and rebounding and dunks
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 766

Post#7 » by karch34 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:47 am

Norseman79 wrote:I mean worst case scenario, didn't we just draft a bigger Jared Vanderbilt? And I mean worst case scenario as in what you see is what he is. Hustle heart defense and rebounding and dunks

I think that’s pretty accurate analysis.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#8 » by minimus » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:34 am

As big V8 fan, I really wanted DFS type of mobile, big forward next to Gobert. Thank you TC for drafting Miller! If Miller develops into mix of V8 hustle, Anderson ballhandling skills and defense, and DFS athleticism it will be a HUGE thing for this organisation!

I am really excited to see Miller working with Anderson. Also Miller is exactly what I meant when I said that a starting PG workaround for MIN could be a comboguard plus point forward who can share some ballhandling durties.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#9 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:51 am

minimus wrote:As big V8 fan, I really wanted DFS type of mobile, big forward next to Gobert. Thank you TC for drafting Miller! If Miller develops into mix of V8 hustle, Anderson ballhandling skills and defense, and DFS athleticism it will be a HUGE thing for this organisation!

I am really excited to see Miller working with Anderson. Also Miller is exactly what I meant when I said that a starting PG workaround for MIN could be a comboguard plus point forward who can share some ballhandling durties.

Watching Miller in Scouting Reports the things that stand out to me are his athleticism is off the charts, he will never be outworked by an opponent, quite good defender, and he's really good in traffic around the rim.

On the downside he can appear awkward and out of control, but often despite this appearance his results end up good.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,222

Post#10 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:14 am

What a pleasant suprise, not only us trading up to early 2nd round, but getting a guy I was sure would get drafted 15-22 range few months ago.

Hope it turns out a Mcdaniels type steal for us in coming years.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,429

Post#11 » by shrink » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:47 am

CBS Sports

33. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Spurs): SF Leonard Miller, G League Ignite

The Spurs made this pick and flipped it to Minnesota, giving the Timberwolves — for my money — a lottery-level talent and one of the better value acquisitions of the night. Miller has a funky-but-effective game as a big wing who can put the ball on the floor, pass and defend with versatility. He's a high motor forward who will fit nicely as they build around Anthony Edwards. Grade: A
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#12 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:47 am

CBS Sports Draft Grade by Adam Finkelstein.

33. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Spurs): SF Leonard Miller, G League Ignite

The Spurs made this pick and flipped it to Minnesota, giving the Timberwolves — for my money — a lottery-level talent and one of the better value acquisitions of the night. Miller has a funky-but-effective game as a big wing who can put the ball on the floor, pass and defend with versatility. He's a high motor forward who will fit nicely as they build around Anthony Edwards. Grade: A
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#13 » by minimus » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:07 pm

I guess the biggest question is now: what can be his projected role. Point forward ala Anderson? Do-it-all combo forward ala Jeff Green? Poor man Giannis? Poor man Siakam?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#14 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:27 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:Love the pick. Great value on the trade and player.

I think one of the benefits to certain teams have buckets of draft picks from their previous trades, is you can go to a team like San Antonio that has these non-glamorous picks, and they're gonna be like "take it, I don't give a ****, we have thousands of these things"

I love the pick too. Big man with handles is one of my favorite things. Giannis can rebound and push, and he'll take it all the way if you give him any opening. Jokic can push, and everybody spots up and cuts to the rim and it causes carnage on transition defense. It opens up avenues of attack. And then yet another long-boi defender. Between him, Gobert, Slo Mo, Ant, and Jaden, maybe even Minott and Moore too (I've liked the early signs on defense) we got a lot of guys that can slam the door shut on defense.

If it doesn't work out, I'll try not to blame TC, because I think it's a smart play. He got the right skills in at a good part of the draft, now it's up to Miller to work on his craft.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,667

Post#15 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:31 pm

Definitely seems like an intriguing talent. Hopefully he pans out.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#16 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:31 pm

minimus wrote:I guess the biggest question is now: what can be his projected role. Point forward ala Anderson? Do-it-all combo forward ala Jeff Green? Poor man Giannis? Poor man Siakam?

My best guess is a point-forward with Giannis' finishing and Siakam's mid-range game
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#17 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:34 pm

He reminds me of Bobby Portis Jr. I’d be happy if he gets Nathan Knight’s roster spot.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 28,232

Post#18 » by Domejandro » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:35 pm

Minnesota was desperately trying to trade up the last two days, so cool to see who they were pursuing so aggressively.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#19 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:44 pm

where's the official Jaylen Clark thread - I watched an Adam Spinella youtube breakdown and he spent 5 straight minutes showing that he's like the greatest defender of all time
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#20 » by jpatrick » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:03 pm

It’ll be interesting to see Minott vs Miller next season. Similar type of guys. Miller better handle. Minott better defensively/maybe athletically. I think whichever one learns to shoot more consistently could get some of those combo forward minutes off the bench, especially in games where one of Anderson, Naz, etc are out.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves