Around the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,666

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1721 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 am

They're doing it.. the Lakers are really winning a game against Denver.... I would love it if they could push this series out a bit and wear them down for us but I have had zero faith in their ability to touch the Nuggets.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,639

Post#1722 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 am

Movics wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Movics wrote:They’d have a chance without DLo

Dlo is 6 of 10 for 15 points. Hard to complain about him tonight.

Let’s see what he does for the rest of the game. His postseason is still underwhelming even for him. He’s barely an MLE level player.

This Denver can’t beat these Wolves 4 times out of 7

Dlo was huge for them tonight. Lakers gonna go to at least 5 which means 2 less rest days and prep days for Denver. Also another chance for one or more Nuggets players to get banged up. Now we need to capitalize and finish the Suns tomorrow.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,666

Post#1723 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 am

LETS sweep and sit back and relax while Denver has to play another game and we can gameplan! The good news is Murray hasn't looked as good as last year so far.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 777

Post#1724 » by Movics » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am

He contributed to the win tonight, gotta give him that. Hopefully he won’t be a net negative player in game 5 and they can take the series back to LA. I’m just happy Dlo is off the Wolves. Too bad he’s on the other team I like :D
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1725 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 am

Movics wrote:He contributed to the win tonight, gotta give him that. Hopefully he won’t be a net negative player in game 5 and they can take the series back to LA. I’m just happy Dlo is off the Wolves. Too bad he’s on the other team I like :D

For both our sakes I hope it goes at least 6.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,217

Post#1726 » by Neeva » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Dallas defense is soo soo bad.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1727 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=42&t=93VhwfrxAGRlMfWSrAs7iA
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,197

Post#1728 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 pm

Would I be crazy to think Phoenix will make a big move in the offseason, such as trading Kevin Durant to New Orleans? I'm picturing a player package of McCollum (they can call him their "point guard"), Nance (post depth) and Trey Murphy (3-point sniper and "potential") plus I have no idea what picks New Orleans can offer.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,056

Post#1729 » by shrink » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm

Klomp wrote:Would I be crazy to think Phoenix will make a big move in the offseason, such as trading Kevin Durant to New Orleans? I'm picturing a player package of McCollum (they can call him their "point guard"), Nance (post depth) and Trey Murphy (3-point sniper and "potential") plus I have no idea what picks New Orleans can offer.

I could see it. I could definitely see Durant asking for a trade, and if the package the Suns get back is based on future picks, I could even see Booker wanting out too. He may like PHX, but he doesn’t want to play with Beal and picks. I posed the idea of a trade centered around KD for Towns, (maybe even a three teamer), because KAT is Booker’s buddy and keeps him happy in PHX. It doesn’t fix their Beal problem (who is likely the worst contract on the NBA with his no-trade clause), but keeping stars is the most important thing for non-FA destinations. Our team is already deep and I don’t think we need a deconsolidation trade, but imagine swinging your NOP package here?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,197

Post#1730 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:09 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:Would I be crazy to think Phoenix will make a big move in the offseason, such as trading Kevin Durant to New Orleans? I'm picturing a player package of McCollum (they can call him their "point guard"), Nance (post depth) and Trey Murphy (3-point sniper and "potential") plus I have no idea what picks New Orleans can offer.

I could see it. I could definitely see Durant asking for a trade, and if the package the Suns get back is based on future picks, I could even see Booker wanting out too. He may like PHX, but he doesn’t want to play with Beal and picks. I posed a thought experiment of a trade centered around KD for Towns, (maybe even a three teamer), because KAT is Booker’s buddy and keeps him happy in PHX. It doesn’t fix their Beal problem (who is likely the worst contract on the NBA with his no-trade clause), but keeping stars is the most important thing for non-FA destinations. Our team is already deep and I don’t think we need a deconsolidation trade, but imagine swinging your NOP package here?

Yeah New Orleans has a number of big wings they can offer in a potential trade, and with likely losing Anderson, that will be a possible offseason need to fill. I hate to bring it up and I don't think a trade will be mandated, but I'm saying this is the type of package I could see doing it. To your point, I think KAT would welcome Phoenix more than New Orleans and I think New Orleans would prioritize Durant over Towns.

In another similar position as New Orleans to monitor would be Brooklyn.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,934

Post#1731 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

Nuggets win on shot with 3 seconds remaining. OKC sweeps. Not much help for us.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,217

Post#1732 » by Neeva » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 am

It’s insane that la coach just lets Reaves try to play defense with a game on the line on Murray, way to make it easier.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,583

Post#1733 » by Note30 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:50 am

Neeva wrote:It’s insane that la coach just lets Reaves try to play defense with a game on the line on Murray, way to make it easier.

Who else could they have put on him though?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1734 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:54 am

Note30 wrote:
Neeva wrote:It’s insane that la coach just lets Reaves try to play defense with a game on the line on Murray, way to make it easier.

Headline said he sank game winner over LeBron.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,624

Post#1735 » by TimberKat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

LBJ was out of the gas, he was guarding Gordon but gave up 2 rebound near the end and didn't come to help when Murray drove pass Reaves on a Jokic pick and roll
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,583

Post#1736 » by Note30 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I saw him absolutely posterize LeBron, don't remember who was on him for the last shot, I think it was off a pick and roll with Davis and Reaves on Jokic and Murray.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1737 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:32 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I saw him absolutely posterize LeBron, don't remember who was on him for the last shot, I think it was off a pick and roll with Davis and Reaves on Jokic and Murray.

LeBron played 44 minutes with 30-9-11 4 steals and 1 TO. If he was a little gassed I can't really blame him for it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1738 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 am

TimberKat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

LBJ was out of the gas, he was guarding Gordon but gave up 2 rebound near the end and didn't come to help when Murray drove pass Reaves on a Jokic pick and roll

LeBron played 44 minutes with 30-9-11 4 steals and 1 TO. If he was a little gassed I can't really blame him for it.
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 215

Post#1739 » by frankenwolf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:39 pm

frankenwolf wrote:
I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

Note30:

I am not counting my chickens yet, but they are close to hatching. :)
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,465

Post#1740 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves