Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1741 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:Would I be crazy to think Phoenix will make a big move in the offseason, such as trading Kevin Durant to New Orleans? I'm picturing a player package of McCollum (they can call him their "point guard"), Nance (post depth) and Trey Murphy (3-point sniper and "potential") plus I have no idea what picks New Orleans can offer.

I could see it. I could definitely see Durant asking for a trade, and if the package the Suns get back is based on future picks, I could even see Booker wanting out too. He may like PHX, but he doesn’t want to play with Beal and picks. I posed the idea of a trade centered around KD for Towns, (maybe even a three teamer), because KAT is Booker’s buddy and keeps him happy in PHX. It doesn’t fix their Beal problem (who is likely the worst contract on the NBA with his no-trade clause), but keeping stars is the most important thing for non-FA destinations. Our team is already deep and I don’t think we need a deconsolidation trade, but imagine swinging your NOP package here?

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
frankenwolf
Sophomore
And1: 215

Post#1742 » by frankenwolf » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:41 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:Would I be crazy to think Phoenix will make a big move in the offseason, such as trading Kevin Durant to New Orleans? I'm picturing a player package of McCollum (they can call him their "point guard"), Nance (post depth) and Trey Murphy (3-point sniper and "potential") plus I have no idea what picks New Orleans can offer.

I could see it. I could definitely see Durant asking for a trade, and if the package the Suns get back is based on future picks, I could even see Booker wanting out too. He may like PHX, but he doesn’t want to play with Beal and picks. I posed the idea of a trade centered around KD for Towns, (maybe even a three teamer), because KAT is Booker’s buddy and keeps him happy in PHX. It doesn’t fix their Beal problem (who is likely the worst contract on the NBA with his no-trade clause), but keeping stars is the most important thing for non-FA destinations. Our team is already deep and I don’t think we need a deconsolidation trade, but imagine swinging your NOP package here?

Read on Twitter

So, if those who aren't in the playoffs this year are going to get better and NO is looking to get better and you better believe LA wants to get better, why in the world would we trade anyone from this team for "Cap relief"?? Is there anyone in the top 8 that we could trade and get better? I don't think so.
Minnesota Timberwolves- 2024 NBA Champions :D :D
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,491

Post#1743 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 2, 2024 11:33 pm

"Let's be real -- ask the other 29 GMs [in the NBA], 26 of them would trade their whole team for our whole team and our draft picks as is," Ishbia said. "The house is not on fire. We're in a great position. It's not hard to fix. We have enough talent to win a championship."
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,955

Post#1744 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 3, 2024 12:28 am

Bucks season about to end. No Freak again today. Pacers up 93-78 to start the 4th quarter.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1745 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 3, 2024 12:32 am

Zinger out for ECSF

During the Boston Celtics closeout Game 5 victory over the Miami Heat, there was some good news shared on Kristaps Porzingis. TNT sideline reporter Chris Haynes shared that Porzingis is hopeful to make a return in a couple of weeks.

“He is likely out for next series, as well. The hope is that he can make a return if the Celtics were to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals," Hayes said about Porzingis' absence.

Boston ruled Porzingis out for Game 5 against Miami due to a strained right soleus (calf). Porzingis came up lame during Game 4 and had to ask out. Further examinations ruled out a more serious injury, such as damage to the Achilles tendon.

Boston awaits the winner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Orlando Magic. Cleveland can end the series with a Game 6 victory in Orlando on Friday. If the Cavs win in six games, the Eastern Conference semifinals will start in Boston on Sunday, May 5. If the Magic win to force a Game 7, the semifinals will start in Boston on Tuesday, May 7.

CHRIS HAYNES/TNT
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1746 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 3, 2024 12:45 am

Bucks season done. Not going to come back from 91-110 with 6 minutes to go.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,048

Post#1747 » by life_saver » Fri May 3, 2024 1:06 am

Bucks very unlucky with injuries...just brutal timing. Pacers weren't even that impressive...again how I wish Wolves were in Eastern conference. Celtics are gonna have a pass to finals even despite Porzingis being injured
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,649

Post#1748 » by winforlose » Fri May 3, 2024 1:14 am

life_saver wrote:Bucks very unlucky with injuries...just brutal timing. Pacers weren't even that impressive...again how I wish Wolves were in Eastern conference. Celtics are gonna have a pass to finals even despite Porzingis being injured

Knicks might give them trouble.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,048

Post#1749 » by life_saver » Fri May 3, 2024 1:18 am

winforlose wrote:
life_saver wrote:Bucks very unlucky with injuries...just brutal timing. Pacers weren't even that impressive...again how I wish Wolves were in Eastern conference. Celtics are gonna have a pass to finals even despite Porzingis being injured

Knicks should be heavy favorites...Bucks had injuries and also they are probably one of the least athletic teams. Pacers will struggle a lot against a physical team like Knicks. Also Haliburton was extremely underwhelming...it's a joke that lot of people on GB few months ago thought he was a better player than Ant
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1750 » by winforlose » Fri May 3, 2024 1:27 am

life_saver wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Knicks should be heavy favorites...Bucks had injuries and also they are probably one of the least athletic teams. Pacers will struggle a lot against a physical team like Knicks. Also Haliburton was extremely underwhelming...it's a joke that lot of people on GB few months ago thought he was a better player than Ant

I meant Knicks will give Celtics trouble. That is the likely ECF.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1751 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 3, 2024 1:31 am

winforlose wrote:
life_saver wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Knicks might not even make the 2nd round. Well they're up 19 already. I guess they will.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 738

Post#1752 » by karch34 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:48 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
life_saver wrote:Knicks should be heavy favorites...Bucks had injuries and also they are probably one of the least athletic teams. Pacers will struggle a lot against a physical team like Knicks. Also Haliburton was extremely underwhelming...it's a joke that lot of people on GB few months ago thought he was a better player than Ant

Knicks might not even make the 2nd round. Well they're up 19 already. I guess they will.

Whatever kind of loss hurts Knicks fans and Thibadork worse I’m down with.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1753 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 3, 2024 1:55 am

76ers within 5.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,637

Post#1754 » by TimberKat » Fri May 3, 2024 1:57 am

Wolves try to sign Divincenzo last summer but didn't work. He would had been nice instead of Milton/Brown and Morris.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1755 » by winforlose » Fri May 3, 2024 3:43 am

Embiid joins the long list of big names no longer in the playoffs.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,119

Post#1756 » by shrink » Fri May 3, 2024 3:51 am

TimberKat wrote:Wolves try to sign Divincenzo last summer but didn't work. He would had been nice instead of Milton/Brown and Morris.

That was the Naz money, so I’m ok with it
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,119

Post#1757 » by shrink » Fri May 3, 2024 3:52 am

winforlose wrote:Embiid joins the long list of big names no longer in the playoffs.

I hate the guy,but I hope he’s healthy for the Olympics.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#1758 » by winforlose » Fri May 3, 2024 3:53 am

shrink wrote:
winforlose wrote:Embiid joins the long list of big names no longer in the playoffs.

I hate the guy,but I hope he’s healthy for the Olympics.

After what he did in this series, I hate the guy and I hope he is never healthy again.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,339

Post#1759 » by Baseline81 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:54 pm

If only DH was still around...

Wolves moving on while the 76ers sitting at home.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,637

Post#1760 » by TimberKat » Fri May 3, 2024 3:54 pm

Baseline81 wrote:If only DH was still around...

Wolves moving on while the 76ers sitting at home.

Who/What is DH?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves