ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,852

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1501 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:40 am

winforlose wrote:Side note for anyone following the Rockets. With 3 losses in a row and this latest one being to GSW, their chariot turned back into a pumpkin. While not technically eliminated, for all intents and purposes the Rockets are done and the top 10 are set. Now it just comes down to seeding.

How many did they win? Was it 14 in a row? Insane. Followed by 3 game losing streak.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#1502 » by winforlose » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:47 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:Side note for anyone following the Rockets. With 3 losses in a row and this latest one being to GSW, their chariot turned back into a pumpkin. While not technically eliminated, for all intents and purposes the Rockets are done and the top 10 are set. Now it just comes down to seeding.

How many did they win? Was it 14 in a row? Insane. Followed by 3 game losing streak.

It was 11. They had some easy wins against teams like Portland twice and Washington twice in that stretch. They also had some tough wins against teams like OKC and the Kings. But yeah, they did crash back down pretty hard these last 5 or so days.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1503 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:55 am

Western Conference
x --
MIN
Minnesota Timberwolves
x --
DEN
Denver Nuggets
x --
OKC
Oklahoma City Thunder
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,795

Post#1504 » by shrink » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:18 am

#1 in the West with 6 games left
#1 in the West in Point Differential
Still #18 in the ESPN’s talking heads projections tomorrow, I bet.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 437

Post#1505 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:53 am

I don't believe Game against will necessary be crucial. The next 2 against Phoenix and Lakers are more important. I if can get 2 of this 3, win the 2 more easy, we will force Denver to ended 5-1 or 6-0. Tomorrow is the first step. Go Wolves!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,510

Post#1506 » by Calinks » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:32 pm

Phx bodied us the last we play, that's the only team we haven't seen us play well against, Would love to thrash them and not give them any kind of mental advantage over us.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,510

Post#1507 » by Calinks » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

I really don't understand how and NBA team can win something like 12-14 games in a row. Again, we haven't come outside of one or two times in our franchise, its crazy to me that these teams can play that many games and not make some major mistakes to get an L. That said, it's also insane they go on that kind of run and then instantly drop 3-4 in a row right after.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,795

Post#1508 » by shrink » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:23 pm

Calinks wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

I really don't understand how and NBA team can win something like 12-14 games in a row. Again, we haven't come outside of one or two times in our franchise, its crazy to me that these teams can play that many games and not make some major mistakes to get an L. That said, it's also insane they go on that kind of run and then instantly drop 3-4 in a row right after.

Well, it’s because the Rockets didn’t face us in the win streak, and did face us in the losses. :wink:

When the Celtics won 11 straight, they were significantly better, +243 is the biggest margin of victory for an 11 game streak in history. The Rockets weren’t that. Sure, some of their wins this time of year might have had to do with tankers, but their 11 game win streak is to statistically rare to not indicate something positive for their future (likely Jalen Green and more). For example, even if they only had a 4-in-6 chance of winning each game, imagine rolling dice, and trying to roll a 3 or higher ..11 straight times. There isn't enough luck out there for this to all be random chance.
PG24
Junior
And1: 252

Post#1509 » by PG24 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:21 pm

Calinks wrote:Phx bodied us the last we play, that's the only team we haven't seen us play well against, Would love to thrash them and not give them any kind of mental advantage over us.

There is no such thing as a mental advantage unless you have Anthony Edwards on your team.
Bet on yourself and believe in yourself if everybody doesn't believe in you. F--k everybody else. What do they know? If you have a passion and you want to put the work into something, then chase it. If it means something to you, chase it.

- Kevin Garnett
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1510 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:11 pm

PG24 wrote:
Calinks wrote:Phx bodied us the last we play, that's the only team we haven't seen us play well against, Would love to thrash them and not give them any kind of mental advantage over us.

There is no such thing as a mental advantage unless you have Anthony Edwards on your team.

What's a PG24? :o
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,530

Post#1511 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:15 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
PG24 wrote:

Paul George and his Pacers number I would guess
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,006

Post#1512 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:42 pm

For full context, it came the day after the Green-Gobert scuffle. We weren't in a normal headspace.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1513 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:56 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
PG24 wrote:There is no such thing as a mental advantage unless you have Anthony Edwards on your team.

isn't his number 13? PG13 like the old movie rating.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1514 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:58 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:What's a PG24? :o

Google's your friend, pal

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1515 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:01 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

So he changed his number. I've always known him as PG13. Chris Paul CP3 or did he change his number?
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#1516 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:isn't his number 13? PG13 like the old movie rating.

So he changed his number. I've always known him as PG13. Chris Paul CP3 or did he change his number?

Nope. CP has always been 3.

Think PG changed his number after he snapped his femur that one year.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1517 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:57 pm

Blame Bill Simmons, with help from Jimmy Kimmel.

The idea might have come from ESPN's Bill Simmons, who first mentioned the idea on Grantland in May 2013.

"By the way, I have some advice that will help Paul George become a household name," Simmons wrote. "He should change his number immediately from No. 24 to No. 13. Here's why ... can you think of anyone being helped by a nickname more than Paul George suddenly becoming PG-13? 'Uh-oh, PG-13 is heating up!' 'Warning, this game contains strong language, violence and a possible heat check!' 'We might have to make this performance rated R -- it's too hot to handle!' Let's make this happen already."

George liked the idea when asked about it on Jimmy Kimmel in January. "That's got a ring to it, PG-13," George said at the time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11339277/paul-george-changed-uniform-number-24-13-injury

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1518 » by KGdaBom » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:49 pm

Is this good news, bad news or just what we expected?

The NBA shared its latest salary cap projections for the 24-25 season, which remains unchanged from January at $141 million.

The luxury tax is projected at $172 million with the first apron at $179 million and second apron at $190 million.

Bobby Marks projects seven teams with cap space and 10 teams above either the first or second apron.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI, BOBBY MARKS/ESPN
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#1519 » by winforlose » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:32 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Is this good news, bad news or just what we expected?

The NBA shared its latest salary cap projections for the 24-25 season, which remains unchanged from January at $141 million.

The luxury tax is projected at $172 million with the first apron at $179 million and second apron at $190 million.

Bobby Marks projects seven teams with cap space and 10 teams above either the first or second apron.

Lower is bad, higher is good. To put it in context it is very, very, very, very BAD!!!!!!!!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1520 » by KGdaBom » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:00 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Is this good news, bad news or just what we expected?

Lower is bad, higher is good. To put it in context it is very, very, very, very BAD!!!!!!!!

OUCH!! :o

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves