Game 28 Wolves at Kings 12-23-23 Record 21-6

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,474

Re: Game 28 Wolves at Kings 12-23-23 Record 21-6 

Post#141 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:54 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:We built a 22 point lead in the fourth quarter and watched it fall to 5. They did it in a game where we hit more 3s than they did, scored more in transition than they did, and scored more in the paint than they did. So what went wrong. The answer is we didn’t have a PG.

In full transparency, the lead was already down to 14 points when Conley checked out of the game, as Sacramento was on an 8-0 run. And he re-entered with Minnesota holding a 9-point lead. It was another two-plus minutes with Conley in the game before Sacramento got the deficit down to 5 points. That happens in NBA games. The opponents are professionals too, we weren't playing against Oak Hills Christian College.

You are correct. I am an insomniac and last night was especially bad, so I went back and rewatched some of the game as well as did a deeper dive at the box ect… In addition to being +28 Mike was +6 in the 4th quarter. Every other player was +1 the margin we won the 4th quarter by, except 1. Kyle, Jaden, and Rudy all played the entire quarter and so were naturally plus 1. NAW played 5:42 and was also +1. Ant played 8:07 and was a -5. Mike played 10:11 and was a +6. I could explain what that means, but I think you know. It’s like you said below, Mike is so very good and so very valuable it is hard to replace him. That is why you need a Conley like PG who does the same things well. 3 point shooting, PNR, AST/To ratio, floor general, and more. SGs can fill the minutes but not the roll. That is why Mike was +28 and Ant was 8 in a 12 point win.
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 582

Post#142 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:11 pm

One of the beautiful Christmas for us!!!

Happy Christmas to you all my friends!!!

LET S GO WOOOLVEEES!!

AAAARRROOOOOOOOO!!!
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#143 » by Klomp » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:08 pm

winforlose wrote:I could explain what that means, but I think you know. It’s like you said below, Mike is so very good and so very valuable it is hard to replace him. That is why you need a Conley like PG who does the same things well. 3 point shooting, PNR, AST/To ratio, floor general, and more. SGs can fill the minutes but not the roll. That is why Mike was +28 and Ant was 8 in a 12 point win.

As a fan, it makes sense that you prefer that offensive consistency. However, I think what the coaching staff values more than anything from the rotation is the defense.

That's why he loves Alexander-Walker.
That's why he's stuck with Anderson.
That's why he stuck with Milton in the rotation for so long.
That's why Brown played only one short rotation after picking up three quick fouls.
That's why McLaughlin only played 2 minutes. Despite his 2 assists, he was a -1.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,474

Post#144 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:21 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:I could explain what that means, but I think you know. It’s like you said below, Mike is so very good and so very valuable it is hard to replace him. That is why you need a Conley like PG who does the same things well. 3 point shooting, PNR, AST/To ratio, floor general, and more. SGs can fill the minutes but not the roll. That is why Mike was +28 and Ant was 8 in a 12 point win.

As a fan, it makes sense that you prefer that offensive consistency. However, I think what the coaching staff values more than anything from the rotation is the defense.

That's why Brown played only one short rotation after picking up three quick fouls.
That's why McLaughlin only played 2 minutes. Despite his 2 assists, he was a -1.

He stuck with Milton because he has very few options and wants to try and either get him going or salvage some value for a trade. NAW is having a good year and he has no reason to go away from him. Brown is streaky and if he cannot deliver on offense he is not worth playing. 3 games in a row he gets a peak and if he doesn’t catch fire he rides pine. JMAC is not in Finch’s rotation at all because he values chaos over structure, my biggest problem with him as a coach (despite liking him as a coach.) Anderson you are correct is useful because of his defense, but will cost you with his offense. We are winning despite Anderson, not because of him. All the advanced metrics show he is a net negative. During the regular season you can live with that (you don’t love it, but you deal with it,) during the playoffs VERY DIFFERENT STORY.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#145 » by KGdaBom » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:00 am

Reflecting back on this game I believe it was a very big win. The glory in this win was robbed by blowing most of a 22 point 4th quarter lead, but on the road no KAT against kings = big win. Ant, Rudy, McD and Conley all came up big, but Slo Mo was a def positive contributor. I expect Slo Mo to continue being a def positive contributor the rest of the season. Get well soon Karl-Anthony. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#146 » by minimus » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:00 am

Klomp wrote:

I think Finch prefer to have size advantage at every position. That's why I would rather have Delon Wright than Tyus Jones
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#147 » by Neeva » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:07 am

Connelly shouod have signed Exum over Milton:/ He’s got better size and is just better at everything.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,260

Post#148 » by BlacJacMac » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:20 pm

Neeva wrote:Connelly shouod have signed Exum over Milton:/ He’s got better size and is just better at everything.

That’s the move in hindsight for sure.

But hard to judge a GM for not signing a guy who hasn’t played in the league the past 2 years and hadn’t even played 500 minutes in a season in 6 years.

He was a desperation signing for Dallas that has exceeded all expectations.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,896

Post#149 » by Colbinii » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:37 pm

Neeva wrote:Connelly shouod have signed Exum over Milton:/ He’s got better size and is just better at everything.

Except he wasn't better at everything prior to this year
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#150 » by KGdaBom » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:13 pm

Colbinii wrote:

Except he wasn't better at everything prior to this year

Agreed and I expect remainder of schedule for Milton to be better than Exum.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves