Re: Game 31: Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#81 » by shrink » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:46 am

Thanks all!
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#82 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:46 am

winforlose wrote:That win was something else. Jaden’s temper is a real problem. Those refs called such an uneven game. Thank god for Naz because Karl shouldn’t have played. Just glad we won.

A win is a win is a win is a win is a win. That's all that matters. We took care of business getting the W. I'll take 24-7 whether it's playing great or playing like crap.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,471

Post#83 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:47 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:That win was something else. Jaden’s temper is a real problem. Those refs called such an uneven game. Thank god for Naz because Karl shouldn’t have played. Just glad we won.

A win is a win is a win is a win is a win. That's all that matters. We took care of business getting the W. I'll take 24-7 whether it's playing great or playing like crap.

You say that, but my heart is still pounding. This **** is turning me grey and taking time off my clock.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Re: Have RealGM Wolves fans become Elitists? 

Post#84 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:48 am

winforlose wrote:Winning despite MCD and KAT tonight.

We win or lose as a team. Next game KAT and McD will pick up the slack for somebody else.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#85 » by MN7725 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:48 am

I thought the game had one of the best flows of the season, other than the stoppage when ANT got hurt and grabbed AD intentionally

Wish every game was reffed at that level
winforlose
General Manager

Re: Have RealGM Wolves fans become Elitists? 

Post#86 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:48 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:Winning despite MCD and KAT tonight.

We win or lose as a team. Next game KAT and McD will pick up the slack for somebody else.

Sure hope so.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#87 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:48 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

You say that, but my heart is still pounding. This **** is turning me grey and taking time off my clock.

Weren't these roles reversed by you and me just a week or two ago?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#88 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:50 am

shrink wrote:So this also mean that if someone, say Rudy, shoots an air ball on a free throw, his teammates aren’t eligible to get the offensive rebound?

Right an air ball FT goes to the Defense. No ifs ands or buts.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#89 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:50 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:A win is a win is a win is a win is a win. That's all that matters. We took care of business getting the W. I'll take 24-7 whether it's playing great or playing like crap.

Not sure. I just hate watching stuff like Jaden getting a T in a 5 point game when they are going to line for an and 1. You turn a 3 possession lead into a 1. You don’t like the call so what. Jaden’s temper, KAT’s no show for 3/4th of the game, 19 turnovers. We escaped, we didn’t dominate like a 1 seed.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#90 » by andyhop » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:52 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Not sure. I just hate watching stuff like Jaden getting a T in a 5 point game when they are going to line for an and 1. You turn a 3 possession lead into a 1. You don’t like the call so what. Jaden’s temper, KAT’s no show for 3/4th of the game, 19 turnovers. We escaped, we didn’t dominate like a 1 seed.

The Celtics just escaped losing to the Pistons the other day , that's what happens. No team is great for 82 games.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#91 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:53 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Jaden messed up big time getting that T. It brought a sure win down to the refs correctly calling James' shot a 2. When he started the shot it was a 3 but his toe rolled on to the line. Amazing good call by the refs and maybe the Wolves are starting to get a fair shake from the refs.
To help you remember what I'm talking about I said the Wolves were giving me heart attacks by falling behind, but you said it makes them more exciting.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#92 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:56 am

andyhop wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Weren't these roles reversed by you and me just a week or two ago?

The Celtics just escaped losing to the Pistons the other day , that's what happens. No team is great for 82 games.

True, but did the Celtics have 3 bad games out of 5 and 1 that was borderline?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#93 » by winforlose » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:57 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Weren't these roles reversed by you and me just a week or two ago?

Jaden messed up big time getting that T. It brought a sure win down to the refs correctly calling James' shot a 2. When he started the shot it was a 3 but his toe rolled on to the line. Amazing good call by the refs and maybe the Wolves are starting to get a fair shake from the refs.
To help you remember what I'm talking about I said the Wolves were giving me heart attacks by falling behind, but you said it makes them more exciting.

Pretty sure I was being sarcastic. I am so out of right now I cannot remember yesterday. I have bad insomnia and have had one good night sleep (with meds,) in the last 5.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#94 » by shrink » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:01 am

Did I hear Michael Grady say that Mike Conley has the third longest consecutive game streak right now?
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#95 » by andyhop » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:01 am

winforlose wrote:
andyhop wrote:
winforlose wrote:

True, but did the Celtics have 3 bad games out of 5 and 1 that was borderline?

They had 3 bad games in the last 6, so not much difference
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#96 » by Guest84 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:10 am

While I don’t condone the tech, Jaden does get a terrible whistle from the refs. That call wasn’t even a fool to me so I get the frustration.

On another note, what exactly does Jaden and the wolves need to do to maximize his value? There’s a lot of untapped potential there that the wolves aren’t able to or choosing not to access yet…

Somebody please work with Karl on his driving technique…
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#97 » by younggunsmn » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:29 am

Wow I was standing for the last minute of that, which took like a half hour real time.
If that Lebron 3 was called a 3 on the floor they probably would have kept it that way. It was that close.

Anthony Davis is playing at a super high level right now.
LeBron is Lebron. When he can drive right into your chest, smack you right in the face, and get an and-1, what are you supposed to do?

2 great players with a mediocre supporting cast of guys who are terribly flawed on one side of the ball or the other.
You can win with 1 of those guys on the floor, you can maybe survive with 2, but having to play 3 of them is brutal.

Reeves was 2/11 and missed a lot of shots he normally makes.
Prince is good from 3 and terrible at everything else, as Lakers fans are finding out.

I was a little upset when NAW charged into Russell and put him out with a sore tushy, Russell was the Timberwolves best player tonight.

It resulted in that Conley dagger 3, but Ant attacking with 35 seconds left and 20 on the shot clock, up 4, was the wrong play.

That Jaden Tech was inexcusable, but it was also pretty bush league to T him up for words in that situation.

KAT was really bad tonight. The bad muscle memory with the offensive fouling is back with a vengeance.
He's clearly pressing. Hopefully he can relax and let the game come to him more.

Him and Jaden are both struggling and it might help both to switch them up a bit offensively, moving KAT to the corner at times and Jaden to the slot. The Lakers were ignoring Jaden in the corner, they wouldn't ignore KAT.
Naz had a huge game tonight, and he seems to be able to score pretty efficiently from the corner as well.
Such a weapon off the bench.

It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win, and on a night where Davis and Lebron were this good, I'll take it.
We threw away way too many possessions in the first half and were able to survive some crunch time mistakes with big time shotmaking from Ant and Mike.

We actually double teamed a little bit and Finch called a nice out of bounds play off the timeout for the Conley 3.

Hopefully this win helps us grow and gain confidence, and we can uproot some of those bad habits.
And KAT calms down a bit and works on that muscle memory again that always has him pushing off and hooking.

If you watch Lebron, he creates contact that is borderline offensive fouling constantly, but he does it with his shoulder/body so the refs let it go. It's usually the hands/elbows they are looking for.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#98 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:41 am

A good win overall. Not the best, still many stupid TO but second half was good , we defend well and in the 4th. Ant and Mike run the show. Naz was great, Rudy average but he always struggle against AD as 99% of opponent in the league. Jaden is a bit of an idiot sometimes ( cf last year injury) but he is young. We are definitly a solid team. For me not good enough to win a title but we can make a good run in the PO. WFC will be a good target for this year.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,426

Post#99 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:43 am

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,712

Post#100 » by shrink » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:36 am

Wolves be winning 24-7.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves