Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Re: National media attention thread 

Post#101 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:59 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,494

Post#102 » by TimberKat » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:14 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

That just shows how much do those guys watch Twolves games. They are giving Ant the MVP based on last night's highlights. Of course they didn't see had Ant made another pass to an open player, it would be a lot less traumatic. Ant shot 35 times and with 3 assists. He made some big clutch shots and we needed that. Maybe this is the way we have to play for the reminder of the season. Just let him shoot and don't worry about passing.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,453

Post#103 » by winforlose » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:18 pm

https://youtu.be/ndy3NP0V4w0?si=m7espZIMoh7ZTgyr

3:20 to 12:25. Tons of praise for Ant and the Wolves. Contender talk about us as well. Good video.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#104 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:21 am

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#105 » by Guest84 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:59 pm

Wolves beat warriors > narrative > Should Steph play more minutes lol
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#106 » by KGdaBom » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:47 am

Have Charles and Shaq ever admitted we are for real and maybe getting Rudy wasn't the stupidest move ever made?
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#107 » by Guest84 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:12 pm

It's like the wolves v nuggets game never happened

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:35 pm

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:34 pm

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,683

Post#111 » by shrink » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:43 pm

So finally Perk has stopped pumping the Clippers!

To be fair though, he is the one guy on that show that has talked about the Timberwolves. He likes Ant of course, but my guess was that he wants to stick with MIN because it is rare he knows three players on any NBA team. See his Clipper love.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#112 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 pm

You want National Attention?

Here it is in spades:

NBA Countdown | Anthony Edwards is a BEAST all year -Michael Wilbon on Timberwolves def. Suns 120-95

;ab_channel=Shontare
shrink
RealGM

Post#113 » by shrink » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:08 pm

One thing that’s always impressed me about Ant, is when the national media tries to make the Wolves success all about him, he always gives credit to his teammates. That can’t be easy, when you’re 22 and people are comparing you to Michael Jordan. I think though that this mindset (and Towns’ sacrifice) have been critical to the team’s success, and the way they all like each other.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 146

Post#114 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:45 am

shrink wrote:One thing that’s always impressed me about Ant, is when the national media tries to make the Wolves success all about him, he always gives credit to his teammates. That can’t be easy, when you’re 22 and people are comparing you to Michael Jordan. I think though that this mindset (and Towns’ sacrifice) have been critical to the team’s success, and the way they all like each other.

He is different. Doesn't even have to try to be humble...guy just is that way. Not worth comparing him to mj, completely different style. Mj had an ego. If he had just a tad bit more touch around the rim.. even without it, very probable chance he's in the discussion of GOAT 20 years from now.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#115 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 pm

I saw a clip of undisputed talking about game 2. The link is below, it talks about the Suns first and gets to us at about 12 minutes and change. But during the video they talk about why the Suns are imbalanced and why the Wolves are rising. This is the perfect example of someone watching us and not seeing us. They talk about how Rudy is not that important to our defense, Jaden is on the verge of becoming a star, they basically say we don’t have a big 3, (filmed hours before Naz becomes sixth man of the year, and with 3 max players besides him,) and talk about Ant as more of an energy guy when he isn’t scoring. No mention of Ant’s defense in the entire clip. They only reference Mike to say he is the missing piece for the Suns. People need to watch more Wolves if they want to understand the Wolves.

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#116 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 pm

winforlose wrote:I saw a clip of undisputed talking about game 2. The link is below, it talks about the Suns first and gets to us at about 12 minutes and change. But during the video they talk about why the Suns are imbalanced and why the Wolves are rising. This is the perfect example of someone watching us and not seeing us. They talk about how Rudy is not that important to our defense, Jaden is on the verge of becoming a star, they basically say we don’t have a big 3, (filmed hours before Naz becomes sixth man of the year, and with 3 max players besides him,) and talk about Ant as more of an energy guy when he isn’t scoring. No mention of Ant’s defense in the entire clip. They only reference Mike to say he is the missing piece for the Suns. People need to watch more Wolves if they want to understand the Wolves.

My guy undisputed is basically looking at the tabloids hoping for the WSJ.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
shrink
RealGM

Post#117 » by shrink » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:04 pm

I don’t know which bothers me more. No attention, or attention from media saying incorrect things.

I think the latter.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#118 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:35 pm

shrink wrote:I don’t know which bothers me more. No attention, or attention from media saying incorrect things.

I think the latter.

No attention is just business. They have limited air time and/or research time and they spend it appealing to the most fans. But incorrect information is a level beyond. When you need to talk about a team, but cannot be bothered to know WTF you are talking about, you just piss people off. You also spread false narratives which perpetuate BS like Rudy is overrated. No one who watched that game and saw that Rudy tied KD in scoring, (while being more efficient as KD was 6 of 15 and Rudy was 6 of 8,) while still having a massive defensive impact, and would say that Rudy was just kinda there. He does it on offense and gets no love, on defense he gets no love. People want to talk about blocks, well blocks are only possible when guys attack you. Guys attack Chet and Wemby because they think they are dumb/weak rookies that they can abuse. Guys don’t attack Gobert because they know better. If you don’t want to talk about us I get it, but when you do, have the courtesy to know WTF you are talking about. The idea that the Wolves don’t have a big 3 is beyond ignorant, it is disrespectful.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 pm

Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:I saw a clip of undisputed talking about game 2. The link is below, it talks about the Suns first and gets to us at about 12 minutes and change. But during the video they talk about why the Suns are imbalanced and why the Wolves are rising. This is the perfect example of someone watching us and not seeing us. They talk about how Rudy is not that important to our defense, Jaden is on the verge of becoming a star, they basically say we don’t have a big 3, (filmed hours before Naz becomes sixth man of the year, and with 3 max players besides him,) and talk about Ant as more of an energy guy when he isn’t scoring. No mention of Ant’s defense in the entire clip. They only reference Mike to say he is the missing piece for the Suns. People need to watch more Wolves if they want to understand the Wolves.

My guy undisputed is basically looking at the tabloids hoping for the WSJ.

You are taking this as an insult, but I don't see it as one. Unless you want to add it to the "Rudy Gobert disrespect" pile, which I would understand. But in the sense of Big 3 as three superstars, we don't really have one. Gobert isn't a superstar in the traditional sense, and that's okay. People never talked about Dikembe Mutombo or Alonzo Mourning that way and they're both Hall of Famers like Gobert will soon be.

But to your broader point, it's a little annoying to hearthe first 2/3rds of the clip focus solely on the Suns, but isn't that the gist of talk radio/television in general? It's Monday Morning Quarterbacking. It's watercooler talk. What would you do different if it was you running the teams? They don't have to focus on Minnesota because we shouldn't need to change that much.

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,494

Post#120 » by TimberKat » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:36 pm

I think a more interesting conversation is how does the current team's big 4 stack up to the KG 03-04 team (exactly 20 years ago?). KG, Sam, Sprewell, Wally vs Ant, Towns, Gobert, JMcd? I think the current role players: Conley, Naz, and NAW are better. Is Ant close to KG level yet? Which big 4 could you take? I take the current one.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves