National media attention thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 684

Re: National media attention thread 

Post#21 » by Movics » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:15 pm

Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:Why do we need a thread?

Why do you care about the national media talking about us?

Because it makes us feel warm and fuzzy

It truly does. Rarely have the Wolves been talked about positively in the national media and it is a little bit more satisfying to hear them talk highly of the team. KAT has been dragged by espn and tnt talking heads throughout his whole career, now finally he’s getting complimented. Yeah, it feels good to us fans that are exposed to ESPN more and I’m sure it motivates the team as well.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,516

Post#22 » by TimberKat » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:32 pm

The Ringer Jan 18 top 100 players ranking (While I don't agree with many of their rankings, it's still a good indicator):
Wolves the only team with 6 players in the top 100: Ant #17, KAT #25, Gobert #42 (seems low and behind Sengun, Derrick White, Siakam, Holmgren, Ball, Garland, ???), JMcD #74, Naz #85, Conley #93. DEN and BOS both had 5 players in the top 100.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:41 pm

TimberKat wrote:The Ringer Jan 18 top 100 players ranking (While I don't agree with many of their rankings, it's still a good indicator):
Wolves the only team with 6 players in the top 100: Ant #17, KAT #25, Gobert #42 (seems low and behind Sengun, Derrick White, Siakam, Holmgren, Ball, Garland, ???), JMcD #74, Naz #85, Conley #93. DEN and BOS both had 5 players in the top 100.

Ridiculously low for Go Bear. That's why I don't think he will make the all star game.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#24 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:59 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:43 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

How can you leave Ant, KAT or Rudy off the All Star Team? It's not right.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,422

Post#26 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:18 am

Charles Barkely Opinion update: Said he was watching the Wolves again the other day when they played the Mavs. He said he needed to give them another look and he wanted to see how they handled an undermanned team. He liked that we beat them by 40. He sounded like he is reconsidering his position on us.

That said he and Shaq pretty much just threw Boston under the bus for losing to the Lakers without AD and Lebron, they declared they aren't ready to win a title because of that (they were talking about how amazing Boston was before all year lol) and Chuck was using the Wolves as an example of how a contender should handle a lesser team.

The Boston flip flop was wild. One bad loss and these dudes are trying to jump ship lol
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#27 » by Guest84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:09 pm

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#28 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:27 pm

Guest84 wrote:

I posted it first in the Monte Morris thread because they had a segment on Monte. :lol:
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#29 » by Guest84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:51 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Guest84 wrote:

I posted it first in the Monte Morris thread because they had a segment on Monte. :lol:

I completely missed it
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:55 pm

shangrila wrote:Why do you care about the national media talking about us?

This is why this matters:
Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#31 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:03 pm

Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:Why do you care about the national media talking about us?

This is why this matters:
Read on Twitter

I'm pretty sure they're wrong. All the national media rave over Ant. Steven A, Chuck, Shaq, everybody. In Los Angeles sure. Rest of the nation? Nope.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#32 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:03 pm

Guest84 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Guest84 wrote:

I completely missed it

It's cool. :D
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,471

Post#33 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:10 pm

Warning, this video starts by talking about the Wolves but it changes topics and then becomes something very weird. Only watch the beginning.

https://youtu.be/inUNpXnHdek?si=5lJUnrADDpcoCkUl
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I'm pretty sure they're wrong. All the national media rave over Ant. Steven A, Chuck, Shaq, everybody. In Los Angeles sure. Rest of the nation? Nope.

It might be slightly embellished, but not as much as you might think.

Austin Reaves finished 10th in fan voting but did not receive a single player vote among guards. (Note: Nickeil Alexander-Walker finished 24th in player voting at guard, with 6 votes).

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#35 » by Calinks » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:59 pm

winforlose wrote:Warning, this video starts by talking about the Wolves but it changes topics and then becomes something very weird. Only watch the beginning.

Perkins has been vehemently pro Timberwolves all season. He has the Clippers over us but that's really the only team he routinely hypes over ours and I think that's fair, I'd pick the Clippers over us too because of their star wings and players history. I think Perkins was pretty much saying, he isn't shocked that the Wolves could beat the Clippers because we are really good and we didn't have to win that game to prove anything. While the Bucks have been shaky and they really needed that win.

Windhorst I think had a similar take though I don't get the impression he believes in us as much as Perkins. I think he just feels the Bucks needed that win more and it was more impressive for them because they have looked pretty bad lately.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,471

Post#36 » by winforlose » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:02 pm

Calinks wrote:
winforlose wrote:Warning, this video starts by talking about the Wolves but it changes topics and then becomes something very weird. Only watch the beginning.

Perkins has been vehemently pro Timberwolves all season. He has the Clippers over us but that's really the only team he routinely hypes over ours and I think that's fair, I'd pick the Clippers over us too because of their star wings and players history. I think Perkins was pretty much saying, he isn't shocked that the Wolves could beat the Clippers because we are really good and we didn't have to win that game to prove anything. While the Bucks have been shaky and they really needed that win.

Windhorst I think had a similar take though I don't get the impression he believes in us as much as Perkins. I think he just feels the Bucks needed that win more and it was more impressive for them because they have looked pretty bad lately.

What none of them mention is that we played a fully healthy Clippers, whereas the Buck’s beat a Denver team with KCP and Murray both badly limited in the first half and out for the second half with injury. Also someone mentioned that the Bucks were at home, we were on the road.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#37 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:06 am

Calinks wrote:

Calinks even after that road beatdown you still pick the Clippers over us? :noway: :crazy: :banghead:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#38 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:30 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:

Calinks even after that road beatdown you still pick the Clippers over us? :noway: :crazy: :banghead:

I just favor wings over bigs and I have seen Kahwhi damn near will his team to titles. Not saying I don't think we could beat them. Just if I had to pick a team to go further, I'd pick them still right now. I still got Denver number 1.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#39 » by PeeDee » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:28 am

I enjoyed watching this. Dude gives major props to the Wolves for almost the whole video.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#40 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:37 am

PeeDee wrote:

I enjoyed watching this. Dude gives major props to the Wolves for almost the whole video.

:lol:

I watched him too,it was great. Dude was shell shocked but yea gave us some massive respect.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves