National media attention thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Re: National media attention thread 

Post#41 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:33 am

PeeDee wrote:

I enjoyed watching this. Dude gives major props to the Wolves for almost the whole video.

I know this guy. When he does his own posts it's under the name Dime Dropper. When the Clippers got Harden he was ready to jump off a bridge. I told him it was a great move. We went back and forth a lot on this until he finally figured out getting Harden was a good thing.
He talks about Ant banking in a 3 intentionally in shock. Bank shots are more likely to go in than straight on shots. It's scientific and John Wooden used to teach it at UCLA. Ant is one of the few modern players who is good with bank shots.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#42 » by shangrila » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:33 am

Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:Why do you care about the national media talking about us?

This is why this matters:
Read on Twitter

Theo Pinson and Justin Jackson are fringe at best NBA players trying to make a living with a podcast. Of course they're going to say some out of pocket isht. It's not like anyone is tuning into them for their experiences or insightful commentary.

But my original point, since you've decided to quote me from however long ago it was, is that we shouldn't be seeking validation from the national media. During the December to Mid January period the headline for NBA Today contained the Lakers, Warriors or both in all but like 3 episodes. For reference, this is a daily show covering the entire NBA during a period when the Lakers and Warriors were absolutely terrible.

There are 2 things everyone here should realise;

1. We're never going to get attention, whether we deserve it or otherwise. We're not in that market. Accept it and move on.

2. We don't need it. I'll take competitive basketball and not being talked about over the constant chattering about the Warriors/Lakers when they looked like their seasons were circling the toilet.

Whining about not getting enough attention from the peanut gallery is pointless and unbecoming. Enjoy the basketball we're watching
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#43 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:51 am

shangrila wrote:
Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:Why do you care about the national media talking about us?

This is why this matters:
Read on Twitter

Theo Pinson and Justin Jackson are fringe at best NBA players trying to make a living with a podcast. Of course they're going to say some out of pocket isht. It's not like anyone is tuning into them for their experiences or insightful commentary.

But my original point, since you've decided to quote me from however long ago it was, is that we shouldn't be seeking validation from the national media. During the December to Mid January period the headline for NBA Today contained the Lakers, Warriors or both in all but like 3 episodes. For reference, this is a daily show covering the entire NBA during a period when the Lakers and Warriors were absolutely terrible.

There are 2 things everyone here should realise;

1. We're never going to get attention, whether we deserve it or otherwise. We're not in that market. Accept it and move on.

2. We don't need it. I'll take competitive basketball and not being talked about over the constant chattering about the Warriors/Lakers when they looked like their seasons were circling the toilet.

Whining about not getting enough attention from the peanut gallery is pointless and unbecoming. Enjoy the basketball we're watching

It's nice to get some national attention/respect, but I 90% agree with you.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,411

Post#44 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:51 pm

Was watching NBA Today and they were talking about the Bucks and Perkins went out of his way to bring us into the conversation saying the Bucks are pretenders. He said he just saw the Timberwolves spank the Clippers on their home floor and then the next night they traveled to Portland and handled their business on the road again. The Bucks were at home against a depleted Heat team, and they got bodied. He says the Wolves have the mentality to prove themselves and the Bucks don't got it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#45 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:15 pm

Calinks wrote:Was watching NBA Today and they were talking about the Bucks and Perkins went out of his way to bring us into the conversation saying the Bucks are pretenders. He said he just saw the Timberwolves spank the Clippers on their home floor and then the next night they traveled to Portland and handled their business on the road again. The Bucks were at home against a depleted Heat team, and they got bodied. He says the Wolves have the mentality to prove themselves and the Bucks don't got it.

You starting to believe yet? :D
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,411

Post#46 » by Calinks » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:37 am

ESPN has flexed our upcoming Bucks games to be on their National tv schedule.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,457

Post#47 » by winforlose » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:53 am

Calinks wrote:ESPN has flexed our upcoming Bucks games to be on their National tv schedule.

Any idea how many flex games are allowed per year? Can TNT or NBA TV flex us into national coverage?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#48 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:10 am

Calinks wrote:ESPN has flexed our upcoming Bucks games to be on their National tv schedule.

This is correct, which also affects the start time the next night.

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#49 » by MN7725 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:55 am

Guest84 wrote:

good point by Mares at about 10 min mark that Morris having similar game as Conley allows for continuity in play style, gives a team some extra juice vs. having to run different offense because NAW or Kyle don't have that kind of game
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:57 pm

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:46 am

Jonny Athletic went on the Russillo pod last week...a couple pretty good Ant stories.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:52 pm

Heavy downturn today

Read on Twitter

winforlose
General Manager

Post#54 » by winforlose » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:07 pm

Klomp wrote:Heavy downturn today

Read on Twitter

They are probably under pressure to push the big market teams. One of the Lakers or Warriors will be eliminated in the first play in game. The other might survive the second, but I doubt they make it any further ;)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:21 pm

winforlose wrote:They are probably under pressure to push the big market teams. One of the Lakers or Warriors will be eliminated in the first play in game. The other might survive the second, but I doubt they make it any further ;)

That's actually a good call, considering this channel is made to promote sports betting.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#56 » by winforlose » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:26 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:They are probably under pressure to push the big market teams. One of the Lakers or Warriors will be eliminated in the first play in game. The other might survive the second, but I doubt they make it any further ;)

That's actually a good call, considering this channel is made to promote sports betting.

You sound surprised ;)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:28 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:

You sound surprised ;)

I just didn't think about it until you brought it up.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#58 » by winforlose » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:That's actually a good call, considering this channel is made to promote sports betting.

You sound surprised ;)

I just didn't think about it until you brought it up.

I was joking because you used the word actually. That’s a good call sounds like you agree. The actually makes it sound like it is rare. Thus the you sound surprised. Obviously it doesn’t land as well over text.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#59 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:30 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:Heavy downturn today

Read on Twitter

They are probably under pressure to push the big market teams. One of the Lakers or Warriors will be eliminated in the first play in game. The other might survive the second, but I doubt they make it any further ;)

He said the Lakers and Warriors have no chance.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,494

Post#60 » by TimberKat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:17 am

I want to go to the game but it's way too late - 9:00pm CT

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves