Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Re: Minnesota at Washington, 6 pm 

Post#121 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:20 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:To me all you just said is Blah, blah, blah. Everything that has ever gone wrong with the Vikings and world peace is Cousins fault. Cousins never lost a game. He never won a game. No QB or any other individual player has ever won or lost a game. Teams do that.

I saw him play. He was very good. Jefferson wants him back. His career and legacy ride on Cousins returning. If Cousins doesn't return I expect Jefferson to look for a way out. The Vikings want them both back. If we don't keep them it will be a big loss.

Jefferson want us not to tank, big difference. If all I say is blah blah blah, to you then you obviously cannot have this discussion with me.

Your words about Cousins to me looked like meaningless drivel. You had nothing to say about his actual skill. So yes we can't have this discussion. I wasn't just going to let your bad mouthing of Cousins go unchallenged.

Your response included nothing on his actual skill. Only the fact that Jefferson wants a competent QB. Cousins is the guy everyone says look at the stats. What do you say about an NBA player making max money with great stats on a losing team?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#122 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:25 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Jefferson want us not to tank, big difference. If all I say is blah blah blah, to you then you obviously cannot have this discussion with me.

Your words about Cousins to me looked like meaningless drivel. You had nothing to say about his actual skill. So yes we can't have this discussion. I wasn't just going to let your bad mouthing of Cousins go unchallenged.

Your response included nothing on his actual skill. Only the fact that Jefferson wants a competent QB. Cousins is the guy everyone says look at the stats. What do you say about an NBA player making max money with great stats on a losing team?

It depends on the player. Being on a losing team doesn't mean a player is not good. If his stats are good in every measurable way I would most likely say that player is good.
Jefferson didn't say he wants a competent QB. He said he wants Cousins. I think that means he thinks Cousins is more than competent.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#123 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:03 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Your words about Cousins to me looked like meaningless drivel. You had nothing to say about his actual skill. So yes we can't have this discussion. I wasn't just going to let your bad mouthing of Cousins go unchallenged.

It depends on the player. Being on a losing team doesn't mean a player is not good. If his stats are good in every measurable way I would most likely say that player is good.
Jefferson didn't say he wants a competent QB. He said he wants Cousins. I think that means he thinks Cousins is more than competent.

What he actually said he doesn’t want to tank. He said if you want to win so do I, if not trade me. This was in response to trading Cousins and tanking.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#124 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:52 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

What he actually said he doesn’t want to tank. He said if you want to win so do I, if not trade me. This was in response to trading Cousins and tanking.

He absolutely said he wants Cousins back. I'm sure he also said he doesn't want to tank.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#125 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:18 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It depends on the player. Being on a losing team doesn't mean a player is not good. If his stats are good in every measurable way I would most likely say that player is good.

He absolutely said he wants Cousins back. I'm sure he also said he doesn't want to tank.

Name the replacement QB Minnesota has that means not Kirk and not tanking? Jefferson wants to win. You offer him a good Josh Dobbs or a hypothetical Josh Allen level talent and he will be all over them.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#126 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:15 am

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Name the replacement QB Minnesota has that means not Kirk and not tanking? Jefferson wants to win. You offer him a good Josh Dobbs or a hypothetical Josh Allen level talent and he will be all over them.

Irrelevant. What I said is a fact. Jefferson said he wants Cousins back. It will be hard enough to get him back. Not possible to get a QB that would be as good or better. No rookie out of this draft will be as good and no other QB we could sign. Just give this up. You are one of those people who somehow think Cousins is part of the problem. He was the solution. If he doesn't get injured this season we are still playing.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#127 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:22 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:He absolutely said he wants Cousins back. I'm sure he also said he doesn't want to tank.

Irrelevant. What I said is a fact. Jefferson said he wants Cousins back. It will be hard enough to get him back. Not possible to get a QB that would be as good or better. No rookie out of this draft will be as good and no other QB we could sign. Just give this up. You are one of those people who somehow think Cousins is part of the problem. He was the solution. If he doesn't get injured this season we are still playing.

Dude you are trying to oversimply the argument in a preposterous way. Your statement presupposes that it is either Cousins or garbage. We could have tanked after firing the last GM and HC and drafted someone like CJ Stroud. Of course mid season when the only real QB on the roster goes down the season is doomed. But that doesn’t mean he should have been there in the first place. Nor does his presence guarantee wins when he started 1-4.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#128 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:43 am

You know we have a RealGM Vikings forum....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves