ImageImageImage

Game 45 Wolves at Nets 1/25/24 31-13

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Re: Game 45 Wolves at Nets 1/25/24 31-13 

Post#81 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:02 am

We win despite Ant effort to loose the game at the 3 and 4 th. HE made a great defense on last possesion . I take it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,411

Post#82 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:03 am

So glad we edged out the win. We have been abysmal in the 4th. None of the other top teams flounder like this. They all have go to plays and players who take the game. We got serious things to figure out because we will get bounced real fast if we choke up like this whenever a game gets tight. It is unacceptable at this level.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,489

Post#83 » by guest81 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:07 am

2nd best record in the league, 1st in the west. Relax
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#84 » by MN7725 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:07 am

Calinks wrote:So glad we edged out the win. We have been abysmal in the 4th. None of the other top teams flounder like this. They all have go to plays and players who take the game. We got serious things to figure out because we will get bounced real fast if we choke up like this whenever a game gets tight. It is unacceptable at this level.

the best offense was giving the ball to KAT 20 feet away from the basket against a set defense
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Post#85 » by winforlose » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:12 am

Glad we won, but watching that 4th quarter this kept playing in mind.

https://youtu.be/pjv6qdYbs2Q?si=3hSi0qmxv9NMJ4AD
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,494

Post#86 » by TimberKat » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:20 am

guest81 wrote:2nd best record in the league, 1st in the west. Relax

If your expectations are to make the play-in. It's get tough to ensure home court in the first round.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,489

Post#87 » by guest81 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:37 am

TimberKat wrote:
guest81 wrote:2nd best record in the league, 1st in the west. Relax

If your expectations are to make the play-in. It's get tough to ensure home court in the first round.

6 1/2 up from play in with the easiest remaining schedule. Relax
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#88 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 am

The point is not about regular season. The concern is are a able to make a run in the PO? Looking at the same issue again and again make me feel we not ready for contending. Too much immaturity, mistake at clutch time, Ant playing the hero ball..... i watch closely the entire 4th quarter and Mike did not see any ball, sitting in the corner for nothing. IT was the same for KAT who wait for the ball many times and did not get it. After that he stay behind 3 lines. We need another PG to add if we want to have a chance. Definitly.
Maturity from ANT and JMD will not come in 30 games....
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#89 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:58 am

I am disgusted by coaching and play in fourth quarters.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,411

Post#90 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:13 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:The point is not about regular season. The concern is are a able to make a run in the PO? Looking at the same issue again and again make me feel we not ready for contending. Too much immaturity, mistake at clutch time, Ant playing the hero ball..... i watch closely the entire 4th quarter and Mike did not see any ball, sitting in the corner for nothing. IT was the same for KAT who wait for the ball many times and did not get it. After that he stay behind 3 lines. We need another PG to add if we want to have a chance. Definitly.

Even when we were winning I still had concerns about us being contenders because of maturity and experience. I don't agree with Barkley in that, we are not a very good team or are zero threat in the playoffs. I do agree that we are probably not serious contenders though. I would pick several teams over us and largely because of those mental reasons. We hasn't shown those faults much until recently but yea, I do not trust us in huge moments. We don't know how to close out games well enough (we have made strides as seen earlier in the year) and we don't have a set offense we can rely on. The flow does not work well with our roster. Our guys just don't have the IQ or the skills to thrive in a flow offense with this roster.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#91 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:15 am

Calinks wrote:
FrenchMinnyFan wrote:The point is not about regular season. The concern is are a able to make a run in the PO? Looking at the same issue again and again make me feel we not ready for contending. Too much immaturity, mistake at clutch time, Ant playing the hero ball..... i watch closely the entire 4th quarter and Mike did not see any ball, sitting in the corner for nothing. IT was the same for KAT who wait for the ball many times and did not get it. After that he stay behind 3 lines. We need another PG to add if we want to have a chance. Definitly.

Even when we were winning I still had concerns about us being contenders because of maturity and experience. I don't agree with Barkley in that, we are not a very good team or are zero threat in the playoffs. I do agree that we are probably not serious contenders though. I would pick several teams over us and largely because of those mental reasons. We hasn't shown those faults much until recently but yea, I do not trust us in huge moments. We don't know how to close out games well enough (we have made strides as seen earlier in the year) and we don't have a set offense we can rely on. The flow does not work well with our roster. Our guys just don't have the IQ or the skills to thrive in a flow offense with this roster.

Wolves are contenders simply because they match up the best against denver and Boston, who are probably the two best contenders for the title.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#92 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:18 am

Neeva wrote:
Calinks wrote:

Wolves are contenders simply because they match up the best against denver and Boston, who are probably the two best contenders for the title.

We are what our record says we are. Other teams have lost more bad losses than we have.
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#93 » by Grubie024 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:25 am

Is it me or is Finch a bad coach? Hard to assess but I've never gotten the impression he's really helping us win.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#94 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:32 am

Grubie024 wrote:Is it me or is Finch a bad coach? Hard to assess but I've never gotten the impression he's really helping us win.

His “adjustments” leave a lot to be desired. If wolves go far this playoffs it will be inspite of his coaching :noway:.
Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Post#95 » by Grubie024 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:33 am

Neeva wrote:
Grubie024 wrote:Is it me or is Finch a bad coach? Hard to assess but I've never gotten the impression he's really helping us win.

His “adjustments” leave a lot to be desired. If wolves go far this playoffs it will be inspite of his coaching :noway:.

That's really what it seems like. With absolutely no forward progress in years it seems.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#96 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:55 am

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:The point is not about regular season. The concern is are a able to make a run in the PO? Looking at the same issue again and again make me feel we not ready for contending.

It's January 25...we don't want to be playing our best basketball of the year right now...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 576

Post#97 » by TwolvesFanRome » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:07 am

A win is a win but this is not the motto that help you to make a run in PO...and we are now repeating this motto so often that it is becoming a constant.

I saw the extended highlights and in the 4th Q we really played terrible. I don't know why we always make the same mistakes over and over again.
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#98 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:11 am

TwolvesFanRome wrote:A win is a win but this is not the motto that help you to make a run in PO...and we are now repeating this motto so often that it is becoming a constant.

I saw the extended highlights and in the 4th Q we really played terrible. I don't know why we always make the same mistakes over and over again.

The sad thing is that it’s always the main and experienced players, turnover by conley then an errant missed three by Ant , then a dumb charge by Kat , then someone gets a technical… and the lead is gone in a flash. Rinse and repeat,while Finch does nothing.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#99 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:01 am

Regular season have nothing to do with PO. Team like Denver or Bukcs or Clippers does not worry much about regular season position. They know if they play 100% aat PO time, they will be very difficult to beat.
We are a good regular season team which is already a big improvment. The next step is to be a good PO team.
And or that, we have to improve in many things ( TO, Offense, 4 th quarter way of play). Can we do it wht the current answer. MY heart would like to say yes as i love this roster but my eye and my experience just tell me the opposite.
Let's see what happen in term of trade in the next 2 weeks.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#100 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:04 am

Neeva wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:A win is a win but this is not the motto that help you to make a run in PO...and we are now repeating this motto so often that it is becoming a constant.

The sad thing is that it’s always the main and experienced players, turnover by conley then an errant missed three by Ant , then a dumb charge by Kat , then someone gets a technical… and the lead is gone in a flash. Rinse and repeat,while Finch does nothing.

Sounds funny for me to speak about Mike TO when he make 1 per game ( this one was a bad one i agree) but KAt and ANT average 6 or 7 per game. The issue is more here for me. Also ball movement is terrible when Ant keep the ball in hands.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves