ImageImageImage

Game 47 Wolves at Thunder 1/29/24 32-14

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,716

Re: Game 47 Wolves at Thunder 1/29/24 32-14 

Post#101 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:25 pm

That was far the win I was most proud of this season so far (close 2nd Celtic win), didnt necessarily have good offensive game. But stayed focused and improved our defensive intensity in time fashion in 4th.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,018

Post#102 » by Domejandro » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:11 pm

It's funny how much Minnesota Timberwolves fans and Oklahoma City Thunder fans hate each other on Twitter, because it's generally pretty cordial between the fanbases on RealGM. :lol:
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#103 » by minimus » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:23 pm

Domejandro wrote:It's funny how much Minnesota Timberwolves fans and Oklahoma City Thunder fans hate each other on Twitter, because it's generally pretty cordial between the fanbases on RealGM. :lol:

On reddit it is even more salty
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#104 » by Baseline81 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 pm

More of this, please.

Anthony Edwards hammers officiating in Timberwolves win over Thunder

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39419770/anthony-edwards-hammers-officiating-timberwolves-win-thunder
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,724

Post#105 » by shrink » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:52 pm

Domejandro wrote:It's funny how much Minnesota Timberwolves fans and Oklahoma City Thunder fans hate each other on Twitter, because it's generally pretty cordial between the fanbases on RealGM. :lol:

So true! And the way our teams have gotten disrespected for years by the national media makes me feel like we’re more alike than different. For example, if the Thunder are playing LAL, GSW, BOS, PHI etc, I am 100% rooting for OKC!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,724

Post#106 » by shrink » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:12 pm

I was busy last night, so I recorded the game, and couldn’t get through it all last night. The funny thing was that until I finished it this morning, I had to throw myself into solitary confinement to not spoil it! Don’t look at your phone. Don’t text. Don’t accept calls from friends. Make sure the TV isn’t on a sports channel before you start the recording, so you don’t see the final score.

It was totally worth it.

Anybody else do this?
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#107 » by moss_is_1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:23 pm

shrink wrote:I was busy last night, so I recorded the game, and couldn’t get through it all last night. The funny thing was that until I finished it this morning, I had to throw myself into solitary confinement to not spoil it! Don’t look at your phone. Don’t text. Don’t accept calls from friends. Make sure the TV isn’t on a sports channel before you start the video, so you don’t see the final score.

It was totally worth it.

Anybody else do this?

I've had to do it before a couple times as well! I was really annoyed once I got an email and instinctively checked it. It was from the Wolves team store, they send one out after each win. :banghead:
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,518

Post#108 » by TimberKat » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:15 pm

I don't complain about officiating much but is starting to believe the conspiracy theories. Ants clearly got foul in a critical moment and so was Towns in the Charlotte game that could changed the outcome. Then JMcD got call twice in close games. Although I do remember something like this happened to LBJ once with Lakers. I get the refs don't want to change the outcome with whistle but call it first then review is much better then no call.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#109 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:54 pm

shrink wrote:

So true! And the way our teams have gotten disrespected for years by the national media makes me feel like we’re more alike than different. For example, if the Thunder are playing LAL, GSW, BOS, PHI etc, I am 100% rooting for OKC!

I'm not rooting for OKC almost ever. Maybe against Denver, but that's it. They are too close to taking #1 seed from us.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#110 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:53 pm

TimberKat wrote:I don't complain about officiating much but is starting to believe the conspiracy theories. Ants clearly got foul in a critical moment and so was Towns in the Charlotte game that could changed the outcome. Then JMcD got call twice in close games. Although I do remember something like this happened to LBJ once with Lakers. I get the refs don't want to change the outcome with whistle but call it first then review is much better then no call.

You change the outcome by not blowing the whistle.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#111 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:55 pm

Younger fans on Twitter...buying into the Shai/Ant "rivalry". In reality, older fans see us as two smaller NBA markets and franchises where relocation has happened, so there's a common bond.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#112 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:03 pm

Klomp wrote:

Younger fans on Twitter...buying into the Shai/Ant "rivalry". In reality, older fans see us as two smaller NBA markets and franchises where relocation has happened, so there's a common bond.

If Ant were playing on the same level as SGA we would have 5 more wins/less losses minimum and be runaway favorites for the NBA Title. Yes I know Ant is younger and may get there.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:47 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:

If Ant were playing on the same level as SGA we would have 5 more wins/less losses minimum and be runaway favorites for the NBA Title. Yes I know Ant is younger and may get there.

Honestly, I don't disagree with this actually.

I think a lot of the issues we've been having (careless turnovers, 4th quarter lack of execution, etc) boil down to the reins of the franchise being handed to a 22-year old who is honestly still learning the intricacies of basketball. Even simple things like the team playing zone defensive concepts he misses sometimes (this happened a few times last night).

But while others are furious about these things happening, I'm honestly content about it. It's part of the growing, learning process. Yes it sucks for your leader to be still learning in the midst of a potential title run, but that's where we are as a franchise. I'd still rather be where we are today over where the Pistons or Hornets are with their young phenoms.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#114 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:Younger fans on Twitter...buying into the Shai/Ant "rivalry". In reality, older fans see us as two smaller NBA markets and franchises where relocation has happened, so there's a common bond.

Honestly, I don't disagree with this actually.

I think a lot of the issues we've been having (careless turnovers, 4th quarter lack of execution, etc) boil down to the reins of the franchise being handed to a 22-year old who is honestly still learning the intricacies of basketball. Even simple things like the team playing zone defensive concepts he misses sometimes (this happened a few times last night).

But while others are furious about these things happening, I'm honestly content about it. It's part of the growing, learning process. Yes it sucks for your leader to be still learning in the midst of a potential title run, but that's where we are as a franchise. I'd still rather be where we are today over where the Pistons or Hornets are with their young phenoms.

Ant is 22. Does that disqualify him from young phenom conversation?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:38 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:I think a lot of the issues we've been having (careless turnovers, 4th quarter lack of execution, etc) boil down to the reins of the franchise being handed to a 22-year old who is honestly still learning the intricacies of basketball. Even simple things like the team playing zone defensive concepts he misses sometimes (this happened a few times last night).

That's my point. Some people are upset with Ant because they think we don't have time to let him make mistakes. But I'd still rather be here where our young phenom might cost us a title due to youth and "immaturity" over being in a position where the young phenom can't even get the team out of the NBA basement.

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,518

Post#116 » by TimberKat » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:25 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:I think a lot of the issues we've been having (careless turnovers, 4th quarter lack of execution, etc) boil down to the reins of the franchise being handed to a 22-year old who is honestly still learning the intricacies of basketball. Even simple things like the team playing zone defensive concepts he misses sometimes (this happened a few times last night).

That's my point. Some people are upset with Ant because they think we don't have time to let him make mistakes. But I'd still rather be here where our young phenom might cost us a title due to youth and "immaturity" over being in a position where the young phenom can't even get the team out of the NBA basement.

I think Ant is a little slow in this learning process. I don't see we say the same thing about Holmgren learn and OKC is in first place. James Worthy came off the bench in his rookie season. Sure, Ant needs time but at the same time, maybe we shouldn't rely on him as much as - like don't just give him the ball or tell him to give up the ball in half of those possessions? How about initiate with Towns?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:43 pm

TimberKat wrote:I think Ant is a little slow in this learning process. I don't see we say the same thing about Holmgren learn and OKC is in first place.

Holmgren is in a much different role than Edwards.

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,663

Post#118 » by Clav » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 pm

Yeah I've been seeing this vitriol hahaha And I'm a fan of each team... I have group texts with my OKC pals from when I lived there, and I have another group text with my Twolves guys from my work time in Minnesota. This is the first time we've both been this good for this much of the season.

I'm convincing one side that yes, SGA fouled Ant on that dunk. And I'm trying to get the other from picking up burning pitchforks. :lol:
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,472

Post#119 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:00 pm

Not just that, but I think a lot of Minnesota basketball fans want a local boy like Tyus or Chet to succeed almost on principle. Granted I would be happier for Chet if his team was in 5th and not a threat to us, but I do root for him to be rookie of the year.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#120 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:15 pm

winforlose wrote:

Not just that, but I think a lot of Minnesota basketball fans want a local boy like Tyus or Chet to succeed almost on principle. Granted I would be happier for Chet if his team was in 5th and not a threat to us, but I do root for him to be rookie of the year.

I'm still more impressed by Wemby. Pops is holding him back or his numbers would be even bigger.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves