ImageImageImage

Game 49: Minnesota vs. Orlando

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,123

Re: Game 49: Minnesota vs. Orlando 

Post#141 » by m2002brian » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:19 am

Oh how horrible it is to be a top two team in the west and have the trade deadline to upgrade the roster and half a season to work on ironing things out.

Such a travesty.
BLUEGREENRED
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#142 » by WolfAddict » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:36 am

gandlogo wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
gandlogo wrote:
I’m not being an ass. If that’s your perception, that’s fine. I have an opinion - like many people on the internet. I view the cheerleaders of the Wolves based on their record and not objectively looking at their strengths and weaknesses as a team as being wrong. A win is not a win, and in my view if you are dumb enough to quantitatively view that as a likely qualitative outcome then your wrong. I love that the team is having success, but I don’t think they are built for success in the playoffs.

This 100% being a dick mate...

But like I said, be a **** if you want to, just don't be a pussy and own up to it. Don't hide behind "oh it's just my opinion" - you just come across as a coward and a **** at the same time.

How am I being a pussy? I am putting it out there - and have multiple times - that this team is not as good as its record. It has significant holes. I am on record that I want it to win. I bet the Vegas win total as an over (51.5). I also have a bet with a coworker in Phoenix that the Wolves beat the Suns (have four games even though the Vegas line was seven difference). I am 100% a Wolves guy and have been since ‘89, but I do not think that they will go far in the playoffs. I want this team to have success but I don’t see it as likely. How is that a dick?

Because you're being a dick about it (calling posters dumb and talking up your own intellect) then trying to play it off as just your opinion. Have an opinion, I don't care but if you want to act like a prick and call into question the intelligence of others, than don't back track and be a sook about it when someone calls you out - If I'm a **** about something, I stand by the fact I was a **** about it.

It's not your views on the team you're being a pussy/dick about, it's your delivery and the insults that you then play down.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,696

Post#143 » by shrink » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:47 am

gandlogo wrote:
shrink wrote:
gandlogo wrote:More proof the Wolves aren’t that good. If you’re dumb enough to simply point to their record as an indicator as to how good they actually are, then you are not capable of evaluating the team’s true strengths and weaknesses. Qualitative versus quantitative is not that difficult to grasp for most.

Well, if you can only grasp qualitative, then you must FEEL that BOS and OKC aren’t that good either, since they had much worse losses this week.

Simply. Words matter. I don’t “feel,” I objectively evaluate. My assumption is that you do too because you have the intellectual capacity to do so.

Words do matter. You are dismissing quantitative team record information (that can be evaluated objectively) for qualitative information, which is a smaller sample and based on what you feel represents quality.

Moreover, even if you think your approach is correct, if you truly apply it objectively to other teams, then your conclusion would be that BOS’ and OKC’ worse losses would indicate they aren’t good. I don’t know how you could claim that’s true.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#144 » by gandlogo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:54 am

shrink wrote:
gandlogo wrote:
shrink wrote:Well, if you can only grasp qualitative, then you must FEEL that BOS and OKC aren’t that good either, since they had much worse losses this week.

Simply. Words matter. I don’t “feel,” I objectively evaluate. My assumption is that you do too because you have the intellectual capacity to do so.

Words do matter. You are dismissing quantitative team record information (that can be evaluated objectively) for qualitative information, which is a smaller sample and based on what you feel represents quality.

Moreover, even if you think your approach is correct, if you truly apply it objectively to other teams, then your conclusion would be that BOS’ and OKC’ worse losses would indicate they aren’t good. I don’t know how you could claim that’s true.

Fair enough. I feel (think) that OKC and Boston are both in better position for playoff success than the Wolves. I wish that wasn’t the case.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves