shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,068

Re: Game 49: Minnesota vs. Orlando 

Post#121 » by shangrila » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:52 am

Neeva wrote:
shangrila wrote:
MN7725 wrote:
there is a scenario where ANT making All-star could be pretty big negative for his development

made the AS team, $200 mil contract playing the way he does, probably doesn't think he needs to change

Nah, he'll be fine.

People seem to forget he's still maturing. Dumb decisions, while annoying, should be expected.

True but I worry that Finch is not the coach that will get through to him to stop dumb hero ball and mistakes in the clutch. Finch lets his players do whatever.

You might be right but I think people have far too binary of a few of these situations. It's not as simple as bad play = benching, especially when it comes to stars.

I would imagine both Finch and the FO also understand what I mentioned above and would prefer Ant continue to get reps to work through it.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 413

Post#122 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:44 am

Very disapointing game overall.
- KAT : Play well for a while then get annoyed and start to take bad shoot and complain all second half. Not the attitude you expected from a all star player.
JMD: The most disapointing player for ne with Slomo this year. Inconsistent, stupid fouls, defense really down. Start thinking he did not put all effort after signing his contract. OR maybe he is just dumb. But his stupidity will cost us a lot in PO.
- Mike : A bad night on offensive part but he did his job in defense, rebound and his assist were great. I'm disapointing he don't take the lead as he have to. But i know Mike since he got traded and he has never been a voval leader able to push the people. Not sure he can fhix the issue right now.
Rudy : The only player in the starter who does his job.
ANT: we speak all over again about the same thing with him.He was better for few games taking more care of the ball but his natural came back tonight and we all know the outcome.
Slomo: I love the guy but he should be traded against any player able to shoot.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 909

Post#123 » by Pokuokic » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:49 am

As good as Minny are and have been the low IQ on the team is freighting when the playoffs comes around imo, all there main guys are amazing when they can play just on instinct but if teams adjust and they have to think their way through a game aside from Conley these guys are super dumb and will have a tough time. Talent is there for sure if they catch fire they can stomp anyone as well but KAT/Gobert/Edwards/Reid/Jaden are much lower IQ than any other core of the elite teams.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#124 » by Dewey » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:55 pm

Pokuokic wrote:As good as Minny are and have been the low IQ on the team is freighting when the playoffs comes around imo, all there main guys are amazing when they can play just on instinct but if teams adjust and they have to think their way through a game aside from Conley these guys are super dumb and will have a tough time. Talent is there for sure if they catch fire they can stomp anyone as well but KAT/Gobert/Edwards/Reid/Jaden are much lower IQ than any other core of the elite teams.

I agree, but sadly there have been those teams lacking IQ who have actually won titles with them 1-2 players staying healthy and coming through … then people are like wow “so and so really stepped up”, when really, they always been good and SMARTER…. Guys like Horry and Rodman knew the skills that set them apart
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#125 » by Dewey » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:59 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:I'd say Towns was non-existent in the 4th, but he was plenty visible with all his turnovers.

Mental midget … when playoff comes they’ll guard him with an aggressive small man that frustrate him until he loses his mind. Series over
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,166

Post#126 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:01 pm

Whya re we 2nd in the west? I thought we have the tie breaker?
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,716

Post#127 » by thinktank » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:01 pm

I do put a significant amount of this on Finch.

There has to be better awareness and communication from the coach—even in live ball situations.

That McD intentional foul simply cannot happen.

That’s poor prep. Everybody has to know what the crunch time rules are.

The team just doesn’t know.

That’s on Finch.

They may have to run crunch time simulations in practice. Up 1, down 1, Up 2, down 2, up 3, down 3, up 4, down 4. Different time out situations. Different foul situations. Different time left situations.

Practice that ****!

Our guys just don’t know what to do.

It shouldn’t be this difficult! These are unforced errors!
"a poor addition to the board"
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#128 » by Guest84 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 3:56 pm

Just finished the game. Another head-scratcher. Why on earth would Jaden take that foul only down 2 at the end? Let Rudy challenge and live with it. I like Jaden but man, with every passing game...

This team also has too many players in significant roles with stray voltage as they say.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,493

Post#129 » by TimberKat » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:45 pm

Guest84 wrote:Just finished the game. Another head-scratcher. Why on earth would Jaden take that foul only down 2 at the end? Let Rudy challenge and live with it. I like Jaden but man, with every passing game...

This team also has too many players in significant roles with stray voltage as they say.

I get Feb 2 is Groundhog Day, but you don't have to repeat the same mistakes 3 times. When is he going to learn?

We keep losing games the same way. Up 10+ points early in the 4th then can't score and can't stop the other team. Towns goes nuts, Ant dribble the clock out, and JMcd fouls somebody. Do I need to watch another game this season? Maybe just wait until the play-in game.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#130 » by Guest84 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:18 pm

TimberKat wrote:
Guest84 wrote:Just finished the game. Another head-scratcher. Why on earth would Jaden take that foul only down 2 at the end? Let Rudy challenge and live with it. I like Jaden but man, with every passing game...

I get Feb 2 is Groundhog Day, but you don't have to repeat the same mistakes 3 times. When is he going to learn?

We keep losing games the same way. Up 10+ points early in the 4th then can't score and can't stop the other team. Towns goes nuts, Ant dribble the clock out, and JMcd fouls somebody. Do I need to watch another game this season? Maybe just wait until the play-in game.

Maybe we can chalk it up to being end of Jan and close to Allstar break. Other top teams have had some bad losses this month. Maybe guys are ready a break??
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#131 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:31 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Whya re we 2nd in the west? I thought we have the tie breaker?

Head to head was split 2-2
Then it goes to division record, since we're both in Northwest. .768 > .750
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#132 » by gandlogo » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:47 am

More proof the Wolves aren’t that good. If you’re dumb enough to simply point to their record as an indicator as to how good they actually are, then you are not capable of evaluating the team’s true strengths and weaknesses. Qualitative versus quantitative is not that difficult to grasp for most.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,683

Post#133 » by shrink » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:35 am

gandlogo wrote:More proof the Wolves aren’t that good. If you’re dumb enough to simply point to their record as an indicator as to how good they actually are, then you are not capable of evaluating the team’s true strengths and weaknesses. Qualitative versus quantitative is not that difficult to grasp for most.

Well, if you can only grasp qualitative, then you must FEEL that BOS and OKC aren’t that good either, since they had much worse losses this week.
gandlogo
Junior

Post#134 » by gandlogo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:04 am

shrink wrote:
gandlogo wrote:More proof the Wolves aren’t that good. If you’re dumb enough to simply point to their record as an indicator as to how good they actually are, then you are not capable of evaluating the team’s true strengths and weaknesses. Qualitative versus quantitative is not that difficult to grasp for most.

Well, if you can only grasp qualitative, then you must FEEL that BOS and OKC aren’t that good either, since they had much worse losses this week.

Simply. Words matter. I don’t “feel,” I objectively evaluate. My assumption is that you do too because you have the intellectual capacity to do so.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#135 » by WolfAddict » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:10 am

The arrogance is strong in this one...

Jeez brother, essentially calling the board stupid aint making you any mates.

Did you mean to be a dick, or is it something that just occurred?
gandlogo
Junior

Post#136 » by gandlogo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:36 am

WolfAddict wrote:

I am confident enough in my intellect that if you want to call it arrogance that’s your choice and it won’t hurt my feelings. I am a man and can stand by my convictions. Cheers mate.
WolfAddict
Rookie

Post#137 » by WolfAddict » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:43 am

gandlogo wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:

I am confident enough in my intellect that if you want to call it arrogance that’s your choice and it won’t hurt my feelings. I am a man and can stand by my convictions. Cheers mate.

I get that and I'm more than confident in my own intelligence, I'm just not a **** about it...

But yeah, if you want to act like a **** about it bro, go nuts I suppose.
gandlogo
Junior

Post#138 » by gandlogo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:55 am

WolfAddict wrote:
gandlogo wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:The arrogance is strong in this one...

I get that and I'm more than confident in my own intelligence, I'm just not a **** about it...

I’m not being an ass. If that’s your perception, that’s fine. I have an opinion - like many people on the internet. I view the cheerleaders of the Wolves based on their record and not objectively looking at their strengths and weaknesses as a team as being wrong. A win is not a win, and in my view if you are dumb enough to quantitatively view that as a likely qualitative outcome then your wrong. I love that the team is having success, but I don’t think they are built for success in the playoffs.
WolfAddict
Rookie

Post#139 » by WolfAddict » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:59 am

gandlogo wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:
gandlogo wrote:

I’m not being an ass. If that’s your perception, that’s fine. I have an opinion - like many people on the internet. I view the cheerleaders of the Wolves based on their record and not objectively looking at their strengths and weaknesses as a team as being wrong. A win is not a win, and in my view if you are dumb enough to quantitatively view that as a likely qualitative outcome then your wrong. I love that the team is having success, but I don’t think they are built for success in the playoffs.

This 100% being a dick mate...

But like I said, be a **** if you want to, just don't be a pussy and own up to it. Don't hide behind "oh it's just my opinion" - you just come across as a coward and a **** at the same time.
gandlogo
Junior

Post#140 » by gandlogo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:17 am

WolfAddict wrote:
gandlogo wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:I get that and I'm more than confident in my own intelligence, I'm just not a **** about it...

But like I said, be a **** if you want to, just don't be a pussy and own up to it. Don't hide behind "oh it's just my opinion" - you just come across as a coward and a **** at the same time.
WolfAddict wrote:
gandlogo wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:I get that and I'm more than confident in my own intelligence, I'm just not a **** about it...

How am I being a pussy? I am putting it out there - and have multiple times - that this team is not as good as its record. It has significant holes. I am on record that I want it to win. I bet the Vegas win total as an over (51.5). I also have a bet with a coworker in Phoenix that the Wolves beat the Suns (have four games even though the Vegas line was seven difference). I am 100% a Wolves guy and have been since ‘89, but I do not think that they will go far in the playoffs. I want this team to have success but I don’t see it as likely. How is that a dick?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves