Towns great stat line.

Still think we’re better with Markkanen
BLUEGREENRED
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Re: Game 51: Minnesota @ Chicago 

Post#163 » by MN7725 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:14 am

Calinks wrote:It's maddening but I'm not even too upset. I think its just an obvious point of fact now that our offense is greatly flawed and at least its very apparent. I hope we can do something about it, they can't deny it at this point. Its bad stuff particularly when you need clutch buckets.

the scary thing for me is that the offense will get worse in playoffs, teams exploit weaknesses to the extremes, they stop pretending to guard non-shooters, switch more, etc

and Conley hasn't been an effective playoff player for a couple seasons, and the team has been scuffling since his hamstring flared up
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,718

Post#164 » by thinktank » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:14 am

winforlose wrote:
thinktank wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:His defense isn't why he's a loser. He's a mental midget.

I think it does matter.

He’s frustrated as hell chasing littles around and I don’t blame him.

He makes stupid decisions too.

But he wasn’t as bad last year so what explains that?

Last year he broke his hand before the playoffs. He was plenty dumb last year too.

He’s making more dumb mistakes this year. My opinion.
"a poor addition to the board"
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#165 » by KGdaBom » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:17 am

OKC lost also. They just didn't do it as ugly as we did.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,123

Post#166 » by m2002brian » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:18 am

Correction.

Utah won.

Timberwolves barfed all over the court and lost.
BLUEGREENRED
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#167 » by Baseline81 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:23 am

I praised Finch earlier in the season, but once again, losing to these lesser teams is backbreaking. Yes, good team occasionally lose such games, but it's happening far too often now.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#168 » by MN7725 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:25 am

4 way tie for 1st place after tonight
Suns/Kings/NOP within 5 games

West is tough, and Wolves have probably had best health of the teams in the playoffs so far
MN7725
Veteran

Post#169 » by MN7725 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:26 am

Baseline81 wrote:I praised Finch earlier in the season, but once again, losing to these lesser teams is backbreaking. Yes, good team occasionally lose such games, but it's happening far too often now.

4 way tie for 1st place after tonight

West is tough, and Wolves have had best health
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,422

Post#170 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:26 am

KGdaBom wrote:OKC lost also. They just didn't do it as ugly as we did.

Would have made the win all the better. Blowing great opportunities left and right. I'm happy we didn't blow it for the coaches at all-star.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#171 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:28 am

If no improvement tomorrow I may skip some games. I follow jazz as well and they are much more fun to watch. Défense apart they really fighting. I start to get
Bored watching wolves making the same mistake again and again. Immature team.
As I’m busy at work family and taking care my health I will come back before PO! All the best guys.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 696

Post#172 » by karch34 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:28 am

This loss sucks, that said think there was always going to be some lows in Jan-Mar as it’s a long season. We built a cushion which is good and didn’t lose to these teams early. I think (hope) we get closer to the back end of season it’s not going to be there. Doesn’t excuse tonight but let’s see how next few unfold.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,422

Post#173 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:29 am

MN7725 wrote:
Calinks wrote:It's maddening but I'm not even too upset. I think its just an obvious point of fact now that our offense is greatly flawed and at least its very apparent. I hope we can do something about it, they can't deny it at this point. Its bad stuff particularly when you need clutch buckets.

the scary thing for me is that the offense will get worse in playoffs, teams exploit weaknesses to the extremes, they stop pretending to guard non-shooters, switch more, etc

and Conley hasn't been an effective playoff player for a couple seasons, and the team has been scuffling since his hamstring flared up

Could be, if it happens and things are even worse its just more evidence that a change has to be made. Like I have been saying for a while I don't think this team has what it takes to go all the way this year anyway so whatever major holes we can identify I'm down for, I think they are 1-3 seasons away from being legitimate title contenders I can be confident in but of course you have to go for it when you have any type of chance and we do have an outside chance this year. N o guarantees how things will look next year or the year after that.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#174 » by Baseline81 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:30 am

MN7725 wrote:4 way tie for 1st place after tonight

West is tough, and Wolves have probably had best health of the teams in the playoffs so far

That should be a concern.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#175 » by MN7725 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:31 am

karch34 wrote:This loss sucks, that said think there was always going to be some lows in Jan-Mar as it’s a long season. We built a cushion which is good and didn’t lose to these teams early. I think (hope) we get closer to the back end of season it’s not going to be there. Doesn’t excuse tonight but let’s see how next few unfold.

i've never understood that
why would it affect the Wolves more than other teams?

the only thing that changes when you get into march is that some number of teams will stop trying to win, focus on development
sometimes it works out that you get easy games later in year
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,978

Post#176 » by Nick K » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:41 am

We throw another one away. I wish I could say I can't believe it but we do it so often that.....

This losing games in the last part of the game goes way back to Finch's 1st season. We've lost far to often over the last 3 years late in games with big leads. I love Finch but teams adjust and we don't adjust back. We play the same then go cold and they get confidence and we lose ours.

I used to watch really good teams rarely ever lose with a lead going into the 4th at home or away. It just rarely happened.

It happens to us way, way too much. We have good players so what else could it be? Could it be the coach?

I hate to say it. I would trade Kyle Anderson yesterday if I could. The chippie he missed at the basket late was a killer. He misses way too many of them. I recognize he does some good things but overall I'd move him.

We need a change to shake up the room.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#177 » by MN7725 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:50 am

Nick K wrote:We throw another one away. I wish I could say I can't believe it but we do it so often that.....

This losing games in the last part of the game goes way back to Finch's 1st season. We've lost far to often over the last 3 years late in games with big leads. I love Finch but teams adjust and we don't adjust back. We play the same then go cold and they get confidence and we lose ours.

I used to watch really good teams rarely ever lose with a lead going into the 4th at home or away. It just rarely happened.

It happens to us way, way too much. We have good players so what else could it be? Could it be the coach?

I hate to say it. I would trade Kyle Anderson yesterday if I could. The chippie he missed at the basket late was a killer. He misses way too many of them. I recognize he does some good things but overall I'd move him.

but the closing lineup isn't going to be different after a trade, so there isn't a meaningful change to be had at this point, unlike last year with Conley/Russell
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#178 » by TimberKat » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:53 am

Nick K wrote:We throw another one away. I wish I could say I can't believe it but we do it so often that.....

Oh no, can't be the coach. Coach don't play. It's all on the players if that is the case, let's just get rid of the coach and let the players play and save some money.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#179 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:06 am

Teams have figured us out. Just pack the paint in the 4th quarter and Ant will continually turn it over, while Finch does nothing to adjust.

Read on Twitter
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#180 » by TimberKat » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:09 am

MN7725 wrote:but the closing lineup isn't going to be different after a trade, so there isn't a meaningful change to be had at this point, unlike last year with Conley/Russell

I think it will depending on who we get. We will go with Jones/Morris/Brogdon/Bogdanovic instead of JMcD. Maybe we do trade JMcD by deadline. As bad as DLo was, I think he would be good off the bench.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves