ImageImageImage

Connelly gets his guard he had in DEN! (not Bones...yet)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,845

Re: Connelly gets his guard he had in DEN! (not Bones...yet) 

Post#141 » by KGdaBom » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:54 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
You do know cold hands can heat up and hot hands can go cold right? We covered this earlier in the year. Chet could start cold and heat up, or he could stay cold.

Making excuses already I see. Sure hot hands can go cold and cold hands can get hot, but that supports my side that it is inconsistent and unreliable. In other words a MYTH.

Not an excuse or inaccurate. I am being consistent and truthful in talking about this. Keegan Murray hit 11 of 12 but then missed a couple after. It happens. Mike hit 6 in a row and missed 1. The predictive value is an increased likelihood of making the next shot which is why guys feed them the ball and let the go to work.

I'm testing how good of a predictor it is. So far in this game one for my side. 0 for yours. I will continue tracking. Games that have concluded in the past have no value in this experiment. Only games that are in progress.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,442

Post#142 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:56 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Making excuses already I see. Sure hot hands can go cold and cold hands can get hot, but that supports my side that it is inconsistent and unreliable. In other words a MYTH.

Not an excuse or inaccurate. I am being consistent and truthful in talking about this. Keegan Murray hit 11 of 12 but then missed a couple after. It happens. Mike hit 6 in a row and missed 1. The predictive value is an increased likelihood of making the next shot which is why guys feed them the ball and let the go to work.

I'm testing how good of a predictor it is. So far in this game one for my side. 0 for yours. I will continue tracking.

Okay but I started a thread for this conversation. Let’s only talk about it there. This post is for everyone.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#143 » by Folklore » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:35 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Folklore wrote:Personally I would have rolled with an upgrade at SF who could move to SG when needed. BigMac has been playing well but we now have two pgs who miss games and one who needs his reps but is supposed to be our scoring answer. We should have grabbed Spencer, But l also like what Kevin Porter Jr could bring with his scoring and passing. Morris spoke on being burned and he now sees basketball as strictly business so he wont be giving us any deals when its time for him to get paid. For the PG position I would have traded for an actual future solution for when Mike starts to come off the bench.

Why would Dinwiddie come here when he’d have a much more defined role with LA or Dallas?

A winning team and a PG who misses games. And when Ant starts to play selfish Finch can sit him down.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#144 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:41 am

Can we get an active mod to clean up this hot mess of a theead?!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Folklore
Senior

Post#145 » by Folklore » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:42 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Folklore is a complete and total troll. He's one of a very select group I have on iggy. You can talk about hot hands all you want whether you're a coach, player, ball boy, sports psychologist, players mom, girlfriend, wife etc... If it doesn't have predictive value it is worthless. I'm defining hot hand as any player who has made 3 shots in a row or 3 out of 4. Cold hand will have the reverse definition. I will then track their next 4 shots to see if they make or miss 3 again. If they do it will support your side. If they don't it will support mine. We will see who gets more support. This will be my little experiment. If you see a person with a hot or cold hand please point it out to me so I can track it. Don't wait until after the game and act like anybody shooting good supports your side. That is not the way it works. To be of any value It has to have predictive value on games in progress.

Luka is on a heater right now.

Doncic or Garza? Is either one playing right now? Do hot or cold hands carry over from one game to the next?
OK at the time I looked Doncic was 6-7. Let's see how my experiment works out.

He just has to be right :lol: every time he bring this up I think of "HE'S ON FIRE"
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#146 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 am

Folklore wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Folklore wrote:Personally I would have rolled with an upgrade at SF who could move to SG when needed. BigMac has been playing well but we now have two pgs who miss games and one who needs his reps but is supposed to be our scoring answer. We should have grabbed Spencer, But l also like what Kevin Porter Jr could bring with his scoring and passing. Morris spoke on being burned and he now sees basketball as strictly business so he wont be giving us any deals when its time for him to get paid. For the PG position I would have traded for an actual future solution for when Mike starts to come off the bench.

Why would Dinwiddie come here when he’d have a much more defined role with LA or Dallas?

A winning team and a PG who misses games. And when Ant starts to play selfish Finch can sit him down.

Ah. So you want Dinwiddie instead of Morris.

Gross.
Folklore
Senior

Post#147 » by Folklore » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:05 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Folklore wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Ah. So you want Dinwiddie instead of Morris.

Gross.

No. I would like to have gotten them both by trading Kyle. Kyle had a good game recently but in the long run I would have liked Detroit's Ivey, Morris and their expiring's so that we can have a chance to win multiple championships with cap relief. There's no real direction for this team. Is it Ants time line or Rudys? Missing multiple firsts we aren't developing anyone because finch is more concerned with being 1st over giving the young guys minutes and he lets Ant do whatever he wants because he may heat up.. lol and because there's no other scoring options. I think KPJ would play ball here and he'd take whatever he can get.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,994

Post#148 » by Domejandro » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:41 am

Locking thread. We have a Morris Thread and a Hot Hands thread. No need for this.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves