Game 52 Wolves at Bucks 2/8/24 35-16

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Re: Game 52 Wolves at Bucks 2/8/24 35-16 

Post#81 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:09 am

Neeva wrote::lol: first time with more than 8 points in a month , still averaging over 20 mpg :nonono: during that month.

Not everyone has the responsibility to score.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#82 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:20 am

Neeva wrote::lol: first time with more than 8 points in a month , still averaging over 20 mpg :nonono: during that month.

NAW averages 6.8 PPG and he plays 23 minutes a night, so what's your point?

Kyle was great tonight. Both sides of the ball. Hopefully that is just the beginning.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Post#83 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:38 am

Just saw the game. Karl had a rough night but made up for it with excellent shooting from deep. Mike was just a flame thrower. The Wolves secret agent/weapon Malik Beasley showing us some love with his 0 for everything from deep. Ant and Kyle both played well. Great defense on a certain Greek Freak. Minott hit a 3, Nix hit a 3, and Moore… attempted a 3 ;). Nothing to complain about, solid win.

P.S, as much as I wish it happened against someone else, I was happy for AJ Green. Every young player dreams about a night like tonight. I am glad he got it at home instead of on the road. Good for him :)
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#84 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:52 am

One of the best game from Ant for me. He show he is able to stay focus and very efficient all part of the game. Today him and Mike run a great game. Nice to see. If Ant stay like this at PO time….
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#85 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:57 am

Canis recap:

Slow-Mo had eight points on 3/3 shooting, five, rebounds and six assists. He was efficient and provided a lot on the defensive end of the floor with the Timberwolves building a wall against Giannis.

When Jaden McDaniels got into foul trouble Anderson was the one that picked up the slack. If you were wondering why Minnesota decided to keep him instead of trading him, the defensive ability to pick up Jaden’s slack when he gets in foul trouble is exactly the reason. Antetokounmpo is a tough matchup for anyone but without Anderson that assignment would have been much tougher. He helped the Timberwolves hold Giannis to just 17 points on 14 shots, the fourth-fewest points the Greek Freak has put up this season.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,687

Post#86 » by shrink » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:35 am

Nick K wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Beasley 1-13.... Yikes :o

No surprise to me. I saw that often here. He's the master of inconsistent.

Sometimes
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#87 » by Neeva » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:43 am

moss_is_1 wrote:

NAW averages 6.8 PPG and he plays 23 minutes a night, so what's your point?

Kyle was great tonight. Both sides of the ball. Hopefully that is just the beginning.

This isn’t about NAW, the wolves aren’t -9 points with Naw on the floor like with Anderson, leads tend to dwindle with that guy on the floor. Finch has too much trust in Anderson and plays him too much even when he is sucking.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#88 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:45 am

BlacJacMac wrote:Canis recap:

Slow-Mo had eight points on 3/3 shooting, five, rebounds and six assists. He was efficient and provided a lot on the defensive end of the floor with the Timberwolves building a wall against Giannis.

When Jaden McDaniels got into foul trouble Anderson was the one that picked up the slack. If you were wondering why Minnesota decided to keep him instead of trading him, the defensive ability to pick up Jaden’s slack when he gets in foul trouble is exactly the reason. Antetokounmpo is a tough matchup for anyone but without Anderson that assignment would have been much tougher. He helped the Timberwolves hold Giannis to just 17 points on 14 shots, the fourth-fewest points the Greek Freak has put up this season.

All of this is fair to some degree. That said, one good offensive game against a below average defensive team is not enough to negate the very real issues he presents. He was also burned several times on defense tonight. Regardless, I don’t think Kyle should be judged by his best or worst games. I think all players should be judged against their contributions over the course of the season, and that is where I have real concerns about Kyle in the regular season and especially in the playoffs.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#89 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:20 am

winforlose wrote:

All of this is fair to some degree. That said, one good offensive game against a below average defensive team is not enough to negate the very real issues he presents. He was also burned several times on defense tonight. Regardless, I don’t think Kyle should be judged by his best or worst games. I think all players should be judged against their contributions over the course of the season, and that is where I have real concerns about Kyle in the regular season and especially in the playoffs.

You can have all the real concerns you want, but Kyle will be in the Wolves rotation for the rest of this season at least. Time to cheer for him and hope for the best.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#90 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:25 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

You can have all the real concerns you want, but Kyle will be in the Wolves rotation for the rest of this season at least. Time to cheer for him and hope for the best.

Honestly I kept cheering for someone else last night. Josh Minott entered the game in the first quarter and even though he was scored on, played great defense. Then in garbage time he looked good again. There was a blown defensive coverage where he was screened and couldn’t recover, but I wonder if that was on him, or if it was a switching situation and these guys don’t play together enough to know when to switch. I kept hoping as the lead grew that Finch would ask “Why not Minott?”

Then of course there is the issue of time. As the game went on and the lead increased, was I alone in thinking, “It’s Miller Time?” You tell me I should cheer for Kyle, and last night I did. But I saw him come up holding his ankle/foot, and I was wondering why Finch wouldn’t give the other guys some run, especially late in the 3rd.

We need Kyle to return to form. But we also need to develop one of two young players with the rotation so they can fill in if he is hurt or craters. This isn’t happening, and I don’t get it.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:37 pm

From cleaning the glass:

Wolves are 7th offensively over last 2 weeks
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,411

Post#92 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:41 pm

It's a terrible line but again its the price you pay to have a gunner like that. They will have bad nights and stretches but what they do is a damn hard job. He gets limited minutes (though he may be getting more this year) and he is expected to show up, gun all game, and be hot. That's a lot of energy, very few players can do that as just a role, he doesn't get to create, or find other spots to heat up, nothing, he has to spot up and be ready to pul the trigger and hit a high clip every night. They will have some bad games.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#93 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:57 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:From cleaning the glass:

Wolves are 7th offensively over last 2 weeks

I think we are fine offensively. If we're #1 on defense and even average on offense we are going to win a lot of games.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:01 pm

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter

winforlose
General Manager

Post#96 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:09 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I ******** love that quote. That is just straight up excellent.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:37 pm

Read on Twitter

BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#98 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:50 pm

Calinks wrote:

It's a terrible line but again its the price you pay to have a gunner like that. They will have bad nights and stretches but what they do is a damn hard job. He gets limited minutes (though he may be getting more this year) and he is expected to show up, gun all game, and be hot. That's a lot of energy, very few players can do that as just a role, he doesn't get to create, or find other spots to heat up, nothing, he has to spot up and be ready to pul the trigger and hit a high clip every night. They will have some bad games.

We never let him get comfortable and forced him to put the ball on the ground.

Beasley's biggest skill is the ability to get himself open to receive the ball and immediately shoot it. We took that away.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves