ImageImageImage

Game 53: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers (9:30 CST)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:07 pm

Minnesota Timberwolves
83%
Los Angeles Clippers
17%

Total votes: 18

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,411

Re: Game 53: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers (9:30 CST) 

Post#141 » by Calinks » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:41 pm

One thing I noticed KAT has eliminated from his game this year, that kickout jumper. I don't know if he has been called for it once time this season and it was a big problem the last few years.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#142 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Klomp wrote:There are a few teams that could give us difficulties in the playoffs. I am not convinced that the Clippers are one of them. Far too reliant on isolations, which plays right to the strength of the defense.

If Minnesota gets the New Orleans Pelicans in the first round, I think the team is cooked. They are legitimately the team I am most terrified of.

Could we lose to them? Sure, but come playoff time those earlier games with them won't matter. We are the better team and we will beat them if we get them.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#143 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:11 pm

cmoss84 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Klomp wrote:There are a few teams that could give us difficulties in the playoffs. I am not convinced that the Clippers are one of them. Far too reliant on isolations, which plays right to the strength of the defense.

If Minnesota gets the New Orleans Pelicans in the first round, I think the team is cooked. They are legitimately the team I am most terrified of.

I know Zion is the guy that has arguably dominated us the most this year...for those of you who know more about Marcus Morris than myself, is he the guy that could guard/frustrate Zion for 15 minutes to keep everyone a little more fresh?

Great point! Assuming we do get him in, that's exactly the type of matchup where he could really be useful.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,280

Post#144 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:39 pm

Coming from Clippers board good game Wolves fans. Beat the breaks off us, really hope we can avoid playing you guys in the playoffs. Team looks amazing.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#145 » by KGdaBom » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:41 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:Coming from Clippers board good game Wolves fans. Beat the breaks off us, really hope we can avoid playing you guys in the playoffs. Team looks amazing.

Thanks. We are all thrilled over a dominant victory over what was the hottest team in the NBA.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,010

Post#146 » by Domejandro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:12 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Thanks. We are all thrilled over a dominant victory over what was the hottest team in the NBA.

More evidence of the hot hand being a myth? Maybe so!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:34 pm

Domejandro wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Thanks. We are all thrilled over a dominant victory over what was the hottest team in the NBA.

More evidence of the hot hand being a myth? Maybe so!

Without a doubt!
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,010

Post#148 » by Domejandro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 pm

Here are a few notes, as someone who was at the game with good seats.

Pregame, watching Kyle practice shooting is honestly pretty rough, but it paid off in a huge corner three, tonight! At one point during warmups, Rudy Gobert airballed a five foot hook shot. :lol:

Rudy Gobert is massive. You guys won't understand it unless you see it in person, watching him jump thirty inches in the air to close out on a corner three point shooter was insane to see up close. Dominated the entire night on both sides of the court, I fully maintain that he is Minnesota's best player, this season.

Ivica Zubac is also a freakishly large man.

At one point, the Los Angeles Clippers attempted a small ball lineup against Minnesota, which Minnesota crushed.

Someone in the audience screamed "KAT can't shoot" when he was at the free-throw line (he made both of them).

Anthony Edwards' ability to carve through defenses and make it into the paint is exceptional to watch in-person.

The crowd went insane with Anthony Edwards' banked three.

Clippers fans started heading for the exits en masse with around five-six minutes left.

There were a TON of Minnesota fans at the stadium. I sat near a group of (presumably) Chinese fans who were there to cheer for Kyle Anderson (don't know if he saw them). Anthony Edwards got an MVP chant, while walking through the tunnel.

Monte Morris gave really solid minutes, was incredibly impressed with his defense on James Harden, on a couple possessions.

Jaden McDaniels' defense is exceptional, him and Nickeil Alexander-Walker played their hearts out (Kyle also was great). Really don't understand how Minnesota casually poached NAW and three seconds for the privilege of swapping D'Angelo Russell for Mike Conley, just an absolute steal.

Jaylen Clarke's parents are incredibly cool folks, enjoyed chatting with his father intermittently, throughout the game. He said that the recovery process is going well.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:44 pm

Domejandro wrote:At one point, the Los Angeles Clippers attempted a small ball lineup against Minnesota, which Minnesota crushed.

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:48 pm

Debated putting this in the fun facts thread

Read on Twitter

MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#151 » by MN7725 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:45 pm

Klomp wrote:
Domejandro wrote:At one point, the Los Angeles Clippers attempted a small ball lineup against Minnesota, which Minnesota crushed.

Read on Twitter

it helps a lot that LAC's small ball lineup features a guy that doesn't need to be guarded outside of the paint in RWB, usually teams go small to get more shooting, along with more ball handling, on court

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves