Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

All-Star Weekend 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:58 pm

Timberwolves Connections

FRIDAY
Celebrity Game: Team Shannon assistant coach 50 Cent
Rising Stars Games: Team Pau assistants Micah Nori and Corliss Williamson, Team Tamika assistants Elston Turner and Kevin Hanson (what I've seen so far)

SATURDAY
Skills Challenge: Anthony Edwards of Team Top Picks
3-point Contest: Karl-Anthony Towns
*In-Arena Host is Timberwolves' MC Jon Berry

SUNDAY
G League Up Next Game: Luka Garza of Team Ballislife
All-Star Game: West roster includes Karl-Anthony Towns and Anthony Edwards, coached by Chris Finch and his assistants.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: All-Star Weekend 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 147

Post#3 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:52 am

None of our guys step on anyone's feet would be nice.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,434

Post#4 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:38 am

The all stars will see how awesome our coaches are and this will make us the next major free-agent destination.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,123

Post#5 » by m2002brian » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:23 am

Calinks wrote:The all stars will see how awesome our coaches are and this will make us the next major free-agent destination.

have had this same thought.
I like your thinking.,
Great minds think alike.
BLUEGREENRED
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#6 » by KGdaBom » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 am

I was super impressed with how well they coached the players in the Celebrity game.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,723

Post#7 » by shrink » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm

How’s it go?

NBA players want to be actors
Actors want to be rappers
Rappers want to be NBA players?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Sealab2024
Sophomore
And1: 364

Post#10 » by Sealab2024 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:40 pm

Been a pretty sweet weekend so far for Wolves fans.

The rising stars games were, unbelievably, super fun to watch. I was introduced to the insane world of Benedict Mathurin. The G-leaguers smacked Wemby, Jaime and Brandon Podz around like they owed em money and Jalen Williams called tournament from 3 in cold blooded fashion.

Then this afternoon we got a Karl feeling zen interview, Ant claiming he's playing tomorrow left handed and Chris Finch having a "holy crap I'm coaching the NBA all star game" moment. And the night is young.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,472

Post#11 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:38 am

Spoiler alert!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
[/Ant blew the skills challenge
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,018

Post#12 » by Domejandro » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 am

winforlose wrote:Spoiler alert!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Curmudgeon Warning:
Spoiler:
I kinda wish Ant would make an active effort to respect fans watching by trying to win events like this instead of throwing them for a gimmick. People encourage the goofy bankshot threes and free-throws, but the dude hasn't won anything to justify gimmicky behaviour. People will say "It's just All-Star Weekend!" but I am pretty openly critical of it during games as well. Feels super tacky, to me.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#13 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:40 am

Domejandro wrote:

Spoiler:

Curmudgeon Warning:
Spoiler:
I kinda wish Ant would make an active effort to respect fans watching by trying to win events like this instead of throwing them for a gimmick. People encourage the goofy bankshot threes and free-throws, but the dude hasn't won anything to justify gimmicky behaviour. People will say "It's just All-Star Weekend!" but I am pretty openly critical of it during games as well. Feels super tacky, to me.

Especially in a team event. The other 2 were going all out and he screwed them over.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:11 am

winforlose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

Spoiler:

Curmudgeon Warning:
Spoiler:

Especially in a team event. The other 2 were going all out and he screwed them over.

Banchero literally went the wrong way! It was over before Ant started shooting...

winforlose
General Manager

Post#15 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:17 am

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Curmudgeon Warning:
Spoiler:

Banchero literally went the wrong way! It was over before Ant started shooting...

PB had 26 points in event 1. VW had 18. Ant had 14. For an on ball guard to be shown up by two bigs in a passing contest is sad. Then he had the time to finish the second contest but shot lefty. He sabotaged it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,434

Post#16 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:23 am

KAT had a chance to win again, he shoots it so easily. Just couldn't get a rhythm and he definitely should have been had those shots in round two not count when he was on the line. Ah well.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#17 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:31 am

Calinks wrote:KAT had a chance to win again, he shoots it so easily. Just couldn't get a rhythm and he definitely should have been had those shots in round two not count when he was on the line. Ah well.

I think KAT peaked in the round one shootout. If any other 26 point scorers had 25 in round 1 I think Karl wins round 2. But alas it was not be. Regarding the foot on the line, he has a size 20 shoe, that is tough with the racks position standardized for everyone.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#18 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:26 pm

winforlose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

No they were not. Have you seen Banchero on the first event? he was jogging out there. It was a timed event and he went first and went on to jog? The Pacers team were sprinting the whole time. Ant probably thought what's the point

Spoiler:

Curmudgeon Warning:
Spoiler:

LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
winforlose
General Manager

Post#19 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:09 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Curmudgeon Warning:
Spoiler:

1. You didn’t quote it correctly. It makes your response look like my post.

2. PB had 26 points out of 58. VW had 18, Ant had 14. If Ant goes all out who knows what happens. To say PB was the problem is true of the second event after the first ended in calamity.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,018

Post#20 » by Domejandro » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:36 pm

I also think it is pretty lame for people like Domantas Sabonis (who has been better this season) to be snubbed and then have a guy completely disrespect the event.

It is just immensely tacky and shows a lack of appreciation for making the game. Anthony Edwards deserves the heat that he is getting online, he hasn’t earned being this flippant. I just will never understand enabling him to do a bunch of gimmicks in-game, it’s immature behaviour that doesn’t help the team win at all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves