Playoff seeding thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,552

Re: Playoff seeding thread 

Post#241 » by TimberKat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:39 pm

TimberKat wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:Suns are 6th. Winner of Lakers/Pelicans will be 7th.

Either Warriors or Kings will be eliminated tonight.

No chance Kings wins tonight. Dyrmond will drag Sabonis out on technical fouls or poke his eye out.

Good thing I didn't put any money on this game :D
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,807

Post#242 » by shrink » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 pm

Colbinii wrote:Some of you are really down for no logical reason. Here are our advantages over the Suns:

1) Defense
2) Physicality on BOTH ENDS
3) Size
4) Coaching [I like Vogel but see Finch as a better bet given how well I thought he has done against Denver and Memphis in the past]

5) Bench
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,289

Post#243 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm

Colbinii wrote:Some of you are really down for no logical reason. Here are our advantages over the Suns:

1) Defense
2) Physicality on BOTH ENDS
3) Size
4) Coaching [I like Vogel but see Finch as a better bet given how well I thought he has done against Denver and Memphis in the past]

Maybe a bit premature...

Frank has 3 trips to the Conference Finals, an NBA Championship and 49 wins in 88 games.

Finch has 3 wins in 11 games.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,507

Post#244 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:08 am

Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
:lol:

you wanna amend this statement or what?

So I stuck to my guns and we won by 25. Care to amend your prior statements?
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#245 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:52 am

Random question, guys, I didn't want to start a new thread, but where can I buy authentic t wolves jerseys?

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
winforlose
General Manager

Post#246 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:21 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Random question, guys, I didn't want to start a new thread, but where can I buy authentic t wolves jerseys?

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app

Some thoughts off the top of my head, through the wolves app, at Target Center store, through the teams official website, and through authorized retailers. I have seen commercials for some of them, but I cannot remember names off hand. I think one was shop.nba.com but I am not certain.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#247 » by Zonarosa » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:03 pm

winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

did we win the series already?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#248 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

So you won’t revise your assessment of our odds of winning the series until we win the series?
Zonarosa
Sophomore

Post#249 » by Zonarosa » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:42 pm

winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:

So you won’t revise your assessment of our odds of winning the series until we win the series?

im not sure how i’m supposed to revise odds i didn’t give.

i just thought an 80% certainty was ridiculous.

because it is.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 372

Post#250 » by Guest84 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 pm

One thing that surprised me is how most of the west matchups haven't been that competitive. A lot of ppl expected close series and 3 of them started out 3-0. Very surprising
winforlose
General Manager

Post#251 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 am

Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

because it is.

Still ridiculous?
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,182

Post#252 » by Tukkerwolf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 am

Tukkerwolf wrote:
Clav wrote:This is not going to be easy, but I think MN in 6, hopefully things look better than what happened today. I have confidence it will
Why would you think that? The Suns obliterated us every game this season.

Man, I was wrong. What an incredible series it has been. I guess after all those years it is natural to place ourselves in the underdog role and watch everything in a fatalistic light, but I am glad I was só wrong. :)
winforlose
General Manager

Post#253 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 am

Tukkerwolf wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:
Clav wrote:This is not going to be easy, but I think MN in 6, hopefully things look better than what happened today. I have confidence it will
Why would you think that? The Suns obliterated us every game this season.

Man, I was wrong. What an incredible series it has been. I guess after all those years it is natural to place ourselves in the underdog role and watch everything in a fatalistic light, but I am glad I was só wrong. :)

Talent goes a long way. Size helps too. End of the day, offense wins games, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,061

Post#254 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Guest84 wrote:One thing that surprised me is how most of the west matchups haven't been that competitive. A lot of ppl expected close series and 3 of them started out 3-0. Very surprising

What's the link between them?

Small-market Oklahoma City
Small-market Denver vs. big market Lakers, stars LeBron James and Anthony Davis
Small-market Minnesota vs. big market Phoenix, stars Kevin Durant and Devin Booker

Media tries to hype up the closeness of the series because they think having certain markets and stars playing deep into the playoffs is better for the brand.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,531

Post#255 » by Worm Guts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 pm

Klomp wrote:
Guest84 wrote:One thing that surprised me is how most of the west matchups haven't been that competitive. A lot of ppl expected close series and 3 of them started out 3-0. Very surprising

What's the link between them?

Small-market Oklahoma City
Small-market Denver vs. big market Lakers, stars LeBron James and Anthony Davis
Small-market Minnesota vs. big market Phoenix, stars Kevin Durant and Devin Booker

Media tries to hype up the closeness of the series because they think having certain markets and stars playing deep into the playoffs is better for the brand.

The stars are definitely part of it, but the lower seeds also had pretty good records. Also Minnesota and OKC (this version) really don't have a history of postseason success. I wouldn't blame the media narrative on the disregard for small markets, there were legitimate reasons to think these series would be more closely contested.
Zonarosa
Sophomore

Post#256 » by Zonarosa » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm

winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:

because it is.

Still ridiculous?

yes. giving 80% odds of winning a seven-game against a team that housed us 3 straight will always be ridiculous.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,807

Post#257 » by shrink » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

because it is.

Still ridiculous?

yes. giving 80% odds of winning a seven-game against a team that housed us 3 straight will always be ridiculous.

So to sum up, your thought processes that led to a completely wrong prediction are better than his, that reality showed was correct?
Zonarosa
Sophomore

Post#258 » by Zonarosa » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:04 pm

shrink wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Still ridiculous?

So to sum up, your thought processes that led to a completely wrong prediction are better than his, that reality showed was correct?

i didn't make a prediction.

they smoked us all three games by a wide margin. no reasonable or objective person would lay the odds of us winning at 80%.

it was ridiculous homerism no matter the outcome.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 368

Post#259 » by gandlogo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:17 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
shrink wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

they smoked us all three games by a wide margin. no reasonable or objective person would lay the odds of us winning at 80%.

This is why Vegas also had Phoenix slightly favored to win the series. Hindsight, the professional oddsmakers were wrong. But professional oddsmakers put their money on the line, unlike random dudes on internet forums. I'm shocked that the Wolves handled Phoenix that easily. Thrilled, but shocked. The loss of Allen for pretty much the entire series likely changed the outcome of a game/games, but not the series. Denver will not be as careless with the ball, so points may be harder to come by this round. I'm 80% sure of that.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,552

Post#260 » by TimberKat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:05 pm

gandlogo wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
shrink wrote:So to sum up, your thought processes that led to a completely wrong prediction are better than his, that reality showed was correct?

This is why Vegas also had Phoenix slightly favored to win the series. Hindsight, the professional oddsmakers were wrong. But professional oddsmakers put their money on the line, unlike random dudes on internet forums. I'm shocked that the Wolves handled Phoenix that easily. Thrilled, but shocked. The loss of Allen for pretty much the entire series likely changed the outcome of a game/games, but not the series. Denver will not be as careless with the ball, so points may be harder to come by this round. I'm 80% sure of that.

At the same time, before the series, most of us feel Suns was the toughest match up yet we destroyed them. I don't know what happened in the week between regular season and playoffs. Did they all went to darkness retrieve? Definitely didn't go to Cancun for vacation like the all star break. Wolves found their identity. The execution on both ends were better. Played with more energy and focus. Much fewer defense mixups. I am taking Wolves 6 game win over DEN with the way they played.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves