ImageImageImage

Playoff seeding thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,935

Re: Playoff seeding thread 

Post#121 » by KGdaBom » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:25 pm

TimberKat wrote:We really need to finish second to have a good chance to pass the first round because Suns looks like will be 6th and we won't drop to 4th. Hopefully a Wolves win in LA tomorrow, catching LAL on a back2back.

I prefer we finish first. I don't care who the opponent is.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#122 » by KGdaBom » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:26 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
:lol:

I'm an Arizona resident and you don't represent our state very well. We saw your laughing face the first time. Do you think winning a game against us last night means anything? It doesn't.

you’re mistaken. lived in mn my whole life. hate the suns.

i was just laughing again at the dude who put such big odds on us in the matchup.

I am also confident. Why Zona rosa if you live in Minnesota?
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,466

Post#123 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:38 pm

The term “Zona Rosa” has nothing to do with the state of Arizona.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#124 » by KGdaBom » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:51 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:The term “Zona Rosa” has nothing to do with the state of Arizona.

I hear Zona Arizona is the only thing that comes to my mind. Also he seemed to be a fan of the Suns. I'll Google it.

What does zona rosa mean?
pink zone
Zona Rosa (Spanish: "pink zone") is a term used in Latin American countries to refer to a district that is the center of a town or city's nightlife.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#125 » by Zonarosa » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:56 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I'm an Arizona resident and you don't represent our state very well. We saw your laughing face the first time. Do you think winning a game against us last night means anything? It doesn't.

i was just laughing again at the dude who put such big odds on us in the matchup.

not sure what to tell ya. family had a place in walker near leech lake. zona rosa was a mexican restaurant i loved as a kid. has nothing to do with arizona.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#126 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:15 am

Zonarosa wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

not sure what to tell ya. family had a place in walker near leech lake. zona rosa was a mexican restaurant i loved as a kid. has nothing to do with arizona.

I have become a Zona Rosa Scholar today and I'm no longer confused. :D
This got me wondering about the meaning of Arizona. I was guessing Zona was the Spanish for Zone and Ari was probably short for arid or desert. So Arizona meant Desert Zone. Upon looking it up I found out the word was of Native American origin meaning Small Spring. :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#127 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:27 pm

Right now if Nothing changes we face the Pelicans round one. I know we've all been kind of dreading them, but they are in free fall. Now might be a great time to play them.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,056

Post#128 » by shrink » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:17 pm

4/6. Nuggets blow out the Hawks

54-24 DEN: @UTA, MIN, @SAS, @MEM

53-24 MIN: @LAL, WAS, @DEN, ATL, PHX

52-25 OKC: @CHA, SAC, SAS, MIL, DAL

MIN needs to beat the Lakers tonight to keep pace, LAL is playing the second game in two nights, last night they beat CLE. They are 1.5 games out of the sixth seed, and a chance to avoid the Play In.

Thunder face lottery Hornets without Shai or Jalen Wiliiams. CHA surprisingly beat ORL last game, but they’ve only won 2 of their last 11. Thunder have lost three straight against Eastern Playoff teams
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,197

Post#129 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:15 am

It is locked in that we won or tied 12 of the 14 season series against other West teams, only losing the season series to Sacramento (1-2) and Phoenix (currently 0-2).
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,379

Post#130 » by Domejandro » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:37 am

Read on Twitter

If Minnesota beats Denver, they can afford to go 2-1 in their other three games and clinch home court advantage.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,445

Post#131 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:00 am

Zonarosa wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

I bet it's no Casa Bonita though.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,445

Post#132 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:09 am

MN: WAS, @ DEN, ATL, PHX
DEN: @Utah, MIN, @MEM, @SAS
OKC (-1 back): SAC, SAS, MIL, DAL

Denver has easiest road, although Memphis and SA have been playing hard, and they have 3/4 on the road.

OKC has 4 home games, although 3 of the 4 teams they have left are fighting hard for playoff position.
If they don't get Shai back healthy, they could be the high seed that gets bounced early like Memphis last year.

Wolves control our own destiny because of the tiebreakers.
We could lose to Denver and still get the 1 seed, but would need help.
San Antonio and Wemby may be our best chance to give them another L.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,639

Post#133 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:37 pm

Some general thoughts after yesterday.

1. The Wolves have clinched a top 3 seed with their win yesterday.

2. OKC is looking like the 3 seed. They are a game back of both the Wolves and Nuggets, and have a much harder schedule. They do however have the tie breaker over Denver, should Denver drop a game to us and OKC win out.

3. The Mavs are looking like a strong bet to take 5th. They are two games behind the Clippers, two games ahead of 6th, and have four left. Two of their four games are against the Pistons and Hornets. The other two are against the Heat and Thunder. While they could move up or down, going 2-2 or 3-1 is most likely, and that should be good enough for 5th.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:43 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Minnesota beats Denver, they can afford to go 2-1 in their other three games and clinch home court advantage.

Is this considering the three-way tiebreaker scenario that Oklahoma City holds?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#135 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:47 pm

Klomp wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

OKC is 5-3 against the Wolves and Nuggets combined.
Denver is 1-2 against us and 1-3 against OKC. So 2-5.
We are 2-1 against the Nugs and 2-2 against OKC. So 4-3.

Is we lose to Denver we are 4-4 and OKC has the 3 way tie breaker. If we win, the. We are 5-3 like OKC. So it goes to the next tie breaker which we win.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#136 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:03 pm

winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is we lose to Denver we are 4-4 and OKC has the 3 way tie breaker. If we win, the. We are 5-3 like OKC. So it goes to the next tie breaker which we win.

Thank you for the breakdown! I looked into it a while back, but it's been a while and I couldn't remember the particulars so I wanted to confirm.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#137 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Klomp wrote:Is this considering the three-way tiebreaker scenario that Oklahoma City holds?

Thank you for the breakdown! I looked into it a while back, but it's been a while and I couldn't remember the particulars so I wanted to confirm.

No problem. It can be hard to keep it all straight. The good news is we are having this discussion about the #1 seed and tie breakers, and it’s April 8th :). This is why people like KG and I were so thrilled to get Rudy :).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:54 pm

winforlose wrote:No problem. It can be hard to keep it all straight. The good news is we are having this discussion about the #1 seed and tie breakers, and it’s April 8th :). This is why people like KG and I were so thrilled to get Rudy :).

I was right there with you. It's why I kept repeating that last year was literally as close to the worst case scenario as we could get. You get Rudy, you're probably going to be a playoff team.

winforlose
General Manager

Post#139 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:18 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:No problem. It can be hard to keep it all straight. The good news is we are having this discussion about the #1 seed and tie breakers, and it’s April 8th :). This is why people like KG and I were so thrilled to get Rudy :).

I was right there with you. It's why I kept repeating that last year was literally as close to the worst case scenario as we could get. You get Rudy, you're probably going to be a playoff team.

I have a very different take than most people about last year. We lost Karl for more than 50 games, (not to mention he came into the season after being horribly sick and losing a ton of weight and muscle.) On top of that Dlo was playing like trash for a chunk of the season, Nowell fell off a cliff, ect… Any other year we would be a 17-20 win team. Instead, we made the freaking playoffs. Technically the play in. But that first play in game we had no Jaden (broken hand,) no Naz (broken wrist,) no Rudy (suspended for hitting Kyle after Kyle called him a bitch.) Also in that dynamic is Karl was not close to 100% with his calf, Rudy had a very bad back, Ant had bad knees, NAW wasn’t quite NAW yet, ect… But with all of that we get to 41-41, we win the second play in game, and you would think we get swept. Nope, we win a game against Denver. In fact, Denver says we were the toughest team the played, (again without Jaden or Naz, with Rudy’s bad back, Karl’s calf, Ant’s knees, ect…)

Last year should be looked at as a success, despite some overwhelming obstacles. I know I am preaching to the choir, but this needed to be said for any visitors who look at this thread.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,747

Post#140 » by Rapaz » Tue Apr 9, 2024 8:44 pm

We’re going to go as far in the playoffs as Mike Conley takes us.
ImageImageImage

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves