ImageImageImage

Playoff seeding thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,549

Re: Playoff seeding thread 

Post#201 » by TimberKat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:36 pm

Will DEN help us? Who are they starting today?
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#202 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:05 pm

TimberKat wrote:
shrink wrote:
winforlose wrote:4. Our offense is underrated, if we minimize the turnovers it is much better then the numbers reflect. Especially with Naz and NAW stepping up in Karl’s absence.

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Defense may us win games, no doubt.

I was just thinking about that last night, when we won, 106-109. The NBA scoring average this year is 117.

I think most people tend to think that offense wins games, because we see balls go through baskets. But your wins are just as valid if your offense is middling, but your defense creates the margin of victory.

I like our chances in the playoffs against most teams, and it’s not because we’re fantastic on offense. But we might be good enough.

I think the argument is that most teams don't put in the defense effort during regular season. Now it's the playoffs, they all have an extra gear to step up the defensive efforts and more focus on offensive execution. Wolves already busting their buns during the regular season, so they gave an extra gear like the other teams? Towns and Gobert number drops in the post season. They don't have any scorers outside of Ant.

I think we should get past the first round but won't be easy. I think it's critical that either Naz or NAW or Morris provide the extra scoring spark off the bench. One of those guys need to avg 16+ pts.

Two words… Bite Bite.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#203 » by Zonarosa » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:59 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Depends on Karl. Without him 65-35 we win. With a 80%+ Karl 80-20 we win.

:lol:

you wanna amend this statement or what?
winforlose
General Manager

Post#204 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:29 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

Probably should. But I have faith that my guys can get it together. I still believe we are the best team in the league. Do you?
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#205 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:36 pm

winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

Probably should. But I have faith that my guys can get it together. I still believe we are the best team in the league. Do you?

Nope.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#206 » by winforlose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:41 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

Nope.

Well good news. You won’t have to wait long to find out.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 154

Post#207 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:46 pm

winforlose wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Nope.

Well good news. You won’t have to wait long to find out.

Yeah, it won't take phx long at all. Doubt we even win a game.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#208 » by Zonarosa » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:01 am

winforlose wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:

“best” is subjective and silly. it’s all about matchups.

but keep living in dreamland.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#209 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:12 am

I think with our current position we officially have the hardest or one of the hardest playoff setups.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,538

Post#210 » by Calinks » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:43 am

Phoenix has been terrible all year. They match up well with us but we should still be able to find something to get an advantage. If they do knock us off in the first round, it will be a flat out disaster for this season but even then, at least we will know that the team as is, is far too vulnerable. Getting bodied by this Phoenix team in a 7 game series is a joke with how they played this year. It will just be all the more reason for us to retool our team this off-season, all the confirmation we need.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 369

Post#211 » by Guest84 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:52 am

Well it was a good year boys. Eventually, they’ll have to show they can beat the tough teams. However, this is looking like a potential gentleman’s sweep at most.

Once Phoenix got healthy they started looking like the team ppl expected. Too many shot makers on the team. Finch has his work cut out for him.
bluethunder0005
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#212 » by bluethunder0005 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:53 am

Phoenix is the team I fear the least honestly. I don't care how the regular season series went. They have no depth, no defenders, and only one big. If KD, Booker, and Beal go off for 80 a game for the series and beat us then we deserve to lose. I trust in Ant and Jaden to make Booker and Beals life hell.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 154

Post#213 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:33 am

Guest84 wrote:Well it was a good year boys. Eventually, they’ll have to show they can beat the tough teams. However, this is looking like a potential gentleman’s sweep at most.

Once Phoenix got healthy they started looking like the team ppl expected. Too many shot makers on the team. Finch has his work cut out for him.

It's over, more like Connelly rather than Finch.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#214 » by TimberKat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:33 am

Everyone and their grandmother are picking Suns over Wolves. Is this the first time in NBA history that a 3rd seed is not the favorite in the first round?
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:48 am

TimberKat wrote:Everyone and their grandmother are picking Suns over Wolves. Is this the first time in NBA history that a 3rd seed is not the favorite in the first round?

Happened with the warriors and nuggets back in the early days of Klay, Steph, David Lee.

Also who's saying that? I'm seeing the Wolves as the favorites everywhere
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

TimberKat
Analyst

Post#216 » by TimberKat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:03 am

Note30 wrote:
TimberKat wrote:Everyone and their grandmother are picking Suns over Wolves. Is this the first time in NBA history that a 3rd seed is not the favorite in the first round?

Happened with the warriors and nuggets back in the early days of Klay, Steph, David Lee.

It's 43 to 27 Suns win the series on the general board and you could also subtract the one vote that has Wolves winning it in 4 games.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#217 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:09 am

TimberKat wrote:
Note30 wrote:

It's 43 to 27 Suns win the series on the general board and you could also subtract the one vote that has Wolves winning it in 4 games.

I see. I thought you meant betting lines.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/suns-vs-timberwolves-odds-time-channel-for-game-1-2024-nba-playoffs

Wolves are the favorites by 2 points.

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,674

Post#218 » by Clav » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:32 am

This is not going to be easy, but I think MN in 6, hopefully things look better than what happened today. I have confidence it will
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
deepestblue
Freshman
And1: 73

Post#219 » by deepestblue » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:14 am

playoff seething thread...
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 438