ImageImageImage

WE'RE BACK! Milwaukee (35-21) at Minnesota (39-16), 9 pm

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,474

Re: WE'RE BACK! Milwaukee (35-21) at Minnesota (39-16), 9 pm 

Post#141 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:00 pm

There are two Wolves teams. The first moves the ball well, shoots at a respectable clip 1-9 (Kyle not from deep, but he has been making that midrange jumper at a respectable clip lately.) The second is the one pass or fewer hero ball lone Wolves. Lone Wolves get trampled by Bucks. A pack of Wolves feasts.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#142 » by shangrila » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:49 pm

Not a good loss but not a horrible one either. I'll take a loss like this with clear fixable issues than some of the earlier ones where it seemed like we had fundamental inherent issues.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,474

Post#143 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 pm

shangrila wrote:Not a good loss but not a horrible one either. I'll take a loss like this with clear fixable issues than some of the earlier ones where it seemed like we had fundamental inherent issues.

The problem is that the 3rd quarter was our fundamental issues rearing their heads. Finch not calling good timeouts, guys not passing enough or running the offense. Settling for mid range instead of getting to the rim. There is also the fact that we never seem to play well after a break.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,070

Post#144 » by shangrila » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:04 pm

winforlose wrote:
shangrila wrote:Not a good loss but not a horrible one either. I'll take a loss like this with clear fixable issues than some of the earlier ones where it seemed like we had fundamental inherent issues.

The problem is that the 3rd quarter was our fundamental issues rearing their heads. Finch not calling good timeouts, guys not passing enough or running the offense. Settling for mid range instead of getting to the rim. There is also the fact that we never seem to play well after a break.

A fundamental issue to me is one that can't be changed.

To use a (somewhat ironic) example, Milwaukee has issues with perimeter defence due to roster construction. They can't overcome that because they can't make Dame or Beasley quicker or longer. OKC can't address their size issue because they can't make their players taller.

Mental issues are bad but improvable.
SSUBluesman
Assistant Coach
And1: 786

Post#145 » by SSUBluesman » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:02 pm

With Embiid injured Giannis has to have the softest whistle in the league watching the ref wait to blow the whistle until after the shot didn't fall was frustrating. Kind of makes me more sympathetic to KAT when it comes to the whining about non-calls.

Speaking of KAT, I don't think he gets enough credit for his willingness to sacrifice and incorporate other guys, especially after Jimmy constantly dragged him for supposedly* doing so to a fault. No one tried to include and pass to Gobert more in the early part of last season, sometimes to a fault, and we saw it again here.

Loved watching NAW and Pat Bev battling one another, and the "too small" Bev pulled out after his "right place, right time" basket was pure dirtbag antics.

Watching the offense grind to a halt in the 3rd, only to be rewarded with seeing not one but BOTH of our game manager PG's start the 4th was incredibly frustrating.

Also frustrating is when KAT gets criticized for being scared in late game situations, when in reality he's looking to let it rip from 3's most of the time in late game situations.

*I say supposedly because it was always about Jimmy and his ego and stirring up **** when he's not clearly "the man".
Naz Reid.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves