ImageImageImage

Clippers at Wolves NOW

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,505

Re: Clippers at Wolves NOW 

Post#41 » by TimberKat » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:43 pm

Doom and gloom reporters are coming back soon...
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#42 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:45 pm

Ant has been turning the ball over like crazy
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#43 » by KGdaBom » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:48 pm

Ant hasn't scored in the 4th quarter.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#44 » by TimberKat » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:51 pm

We are missing a little fire power to win the close games. There has been so many close games that got away this year.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#45 » by MN7725 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:54 pm

TimberKat wrote:We are missing a little fire power to win the close games. There has been so many close games that got away this year.

Finch at some point has to swallow his pride in terms of offense, and just realize their isn't enough talent/creation to play the way he idealizes
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,412

Post#46 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:55 pm

Damn, that game played out very much how Charles Barkley said games with us will play out. Towns bailing teams the opposing D out with outside shots and not going into the post, Minnesota not being able to keep up in a shootout. Our offense came up short. We also need to take care of the ball and get a damn board. The horrendous fast break points are unacceptable too.

Still got a lot of work to do on the offensive end, we have far too many outrages there. Just so many stretches where we can't get any points.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,016

Post#47 » by Domejandro » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:55 pm

Kyle Anderson and Rudy Gobert being in at the end of the game on offense is **** insane coaching.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#48 » by TimberKat » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:56 pm

Why do you throw a line up with Gobert and KA out there with 13 sec left and down by 3 This got to be Finch's last year as head coach.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#49 » by MN7725 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:56 pm

Calinks wrote:Damn, that game played out very much how Charles Barkley said games with us will play out. Towns bailing teams the opposing D out with outside shots and not going into the post, Minnesota not being able to keep up in a shootout. Our offense came up short. We also need to take care of the ball and get a damn board. The horrendous fast break points are unacceptable too.

Still got a lot of work to do on the offensive end, we have far too many outrages there. Just so many stretches where we can't get any points.

the offense isn't good, its been 60 games

basically the 2nd worst offense of the teams that are actively trying to win (only Lakers being worse)
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#50 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:57 pm

Going for 2 when you need 3 and 3 seconds to play....
Last 2 games we play against teams playing with play-off intensity. We loose both....we are a good regular season team, not more than that. KAT and ANT can't carry the team at crutch tine, Mile looking his age...
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#51 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:00 pm

This is why I don't see us legit contenders yet. We are very good, tons of talent, and can do some damage for sure but we severely lack poise and don't have the experience and game reps to close games out when they get tough.

We are boneheaded mistake central and plays like those just murder you in the playoffs. I think we can do some damage but costly plays and mental issues plus our anemic offense are going to be our downfall. Hopefully another season or two and some more roster changes will get us to a point where we can improve these flaws.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#52 » by Neeva » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:01 pm

Finch is a moron. Offensive problems are a coaching issue.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#53 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:04 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Going for 2 when you need 3 and 3 seconds to play....
Last 2 games we play against teams playing with play-off intensity. We loose both....we are a good regular season team, not more than that. KAT and ANT can't carry the team at crutch tine, Mile looking his age...

I wouldn't say all of that. Ant wasn't in most of the last game. KAT has shown to be a liability in the clutch, I'll give you that. We need to continue to work on it. Towns again made some bad mistakes to close this game out. That hook was so stupid. He also missed some much needed there's.

Overall we really got to work on our offense. We score 100 points tonight and this game is an easy win, we could make a bucket happen at all.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#54 » by MN7725 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:04 pm

Neeva wrote:Finch is a moron. Offensive problems are a coaching issue.

idk, Wolves have one bucket getter on the roster that can do something against a clutch/playoff intensity defense
that has been true since before Gobert trade
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#55 » by Neeva » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:08 pm

In a close game in crunch time I have zero faith in Finch’s decisions.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#56 » by MN7725 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:25 pm

Neeva wrote:In a close game in crunch time I have zero faith in Finch’s decisions.

I believe Wolves are 4-10 in last 14 clutch games, thats rough

there are a lot of games against teams missing players, teams not really trying to win to get victories with, but would like to see that trend reversed obviously
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#57 » by younggunsmn » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:03 am

Wow James Harden really doesn't like day games.
He had full blown case of club flu today. Atrocious.
Terrible game from PG too.

There is no way we should have lost this game.
This game should have been one of the best matchups for KAT and he absolutely crapped the bed.

Terrible coaching from Finch.

He should have had Ant running Kawhi through 4 screens every play to tire him out but instead we got to see the dribble into traffic and then throw the ball around the perimeter offense suck for 4 quarters again.

Bones Hyland really sucks, he was so bad on defense Lue had to go to zone to cover him.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#58 » by Calinks » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:06 am

MN7725 wrote:
Neeva wrote:In a close game in crunch time I have zero faith in Finch’s decisions.

there are a lot of games against teams missing players, teams not really trying to win to get victories with, but would like to see that trend reversed obviously

We aren't good at execution and we make a lot of mental mistakes. I'll point to Denver and show you a team that excels in those moments, that's how you win a title. That's what will really separate us from the great teams and that's the missing puzzle piece we need.

We have no easy offense. When teams really lock us up we have to work very hard to get going. Denver can get good shots, OKC will find Shai and he has his go to shots he can get to. We don't have that on this team. Ant is getting there but he still doesn't have any go-to moves. Towns doesn't really either, best shot would be something in the post but he hasn't been as effective there as he used to be and his decision making from doubles has been really bad.

Something we got to figure out in the next couple of years.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#59 » by younggunsmn » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:13 am

Calinks wrote:
MN7725 wrote:

We aren't good at execution and we make a lot of mental mistakes. I'll point to Denver and show you a team that excels in those moments, that's how you win a title. That's what will really separate us from the great teams and that's the missing puzzle piece we need.

We have no easy offense. When teams really lock us up we have to work very hard to get going. Denver can get good shots, OKC will find Shai and he has his go to shots he can get to. We don't have that on this team. Ant is getting there but he still doesn't have any go-to moves. Towns doesn't really either, best shot would be something in the post but he hasn't been as effective there as he used to be and his decision making from doubles has been really bad.

Yep. The awful crunch time decision making from our two best players, and inability of our coach to put them in good spots, is the big separator right now between us and legit contenders.

I still think OKC is too young, but their endgame composure is light years ahead of us at this point.
MN7725
Veteran

Post#60 » by MN7725 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:29 am

Calinks wrote:
MN7725 wrote:

Wolves have bad creation outside of ANT in wing/guards. Conley was never really that player and hes near the end, pretty good catch/shoot at least
keep hoping that Jaden can get there
Morris is good pull up shooter operating in screen roll
NAW/KA-nope

honestly think NAZ is 2nd best "bucket getter" on team

so basically teams just need to load up on ANT to stifle offense when it matters, and either he makes tough shots, or the Wolves make like 3 straight smart passes to get a good look, since the defense will be leaving the non-shooters (Gobert/KA, somewhat Jaden)

the Wolves could possibly put enough shooting out there to make them pay, something like Reid/KAT/ANT/Morris/Jaden is probably the best crunch time lineup, but locker room politics won't allow that

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves