Re: Game 62 POR vs Wolves 

Post#21 » by Nick K » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:26 am

What a game by Rudy! Awesome.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#22 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:27 am

TimberKat wrote:Bucks beat Clippers. Now just need the Lakers to hold serve.

Big comeback by the Bucks. They were 14 behind once when I checked.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:28 am

Rudy just fouled out so he could leave to an ovation.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 875

Post#24 » by Dalvin » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:28 am

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Glad to see them beating the teams they're supposed to beat and snapping the 2 game losing streak! (is that our longest losing streak for the season?)
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,978

Post#25 » by Nick K » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:28 am

TimberKat wrote:Is this Gobert's best game as a Wolves?

It doesn't get much better. This Rudy is the one I thought we traded for. What a difference a year makes. The coaches to their credit finally figured out how to use him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#26 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:33 am

I don't know what the spread was, but I'm sure those who bet the spread on the Wolves lost tonight.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,434

Post#27 » by Calinks » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:35 am

We definitely fixed the Bucks they have been ballin since they beat us.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#28 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:40 am

Calinks wrote:We definitely fixed the Bucks they have been ballin since they beat us.

I'm not glad that we fixed them, but I like that they're fixed. A strong Bucks team is good for the NBA.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#29 » by younggunsmn » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:48 am

Nick K wrote:

It doesn't get much better. This Rudy is the one I thought we traded for. What a difference a year makes. The coaches to their credit finally figured out how to use him.

What was you guys's favorite part? Getting cooked for 26 points and 5 wide open 3's by an undrafted scrub center or giving up 34 points and 14 assists to a very mediocre Anfernee Simons?

Our pick and roll defense is an absolute goddamn mess and Karl is the main culprit, but this has to be the worst defensive game I have seen from Rudy this year.

Offensively, yes, he had a great game and we badly needed that from him tonight, cleaning up a lot of awful shots and making his free throws.

And it's kind of weird to write all that where Rudy is great on offense and terrible on defense.

This was not a game to be proud of against a team only really playing one rotation worthy player.
There are so many things broken on this team right now.
Ant and KAT were both awful.
Maybe there is a bug going around or something with Ant sitting on the potty at tipoff, but this team has looked like hot garbage since the All-Star break.

Thankfully the bench showed up tonight, that unit really saved this game.

NAW and NAZ have become my favorite players because of the enthusiasm and effort they bring every single night, and I'd really love both to retire Wolves.
Both can leave as free agents after next year and if our tax situation causes us to lose them it's going to be a huge, huge mistake.

If we don't at least make conference finals I'd pull the trigger on KAT to the Nets for cap space and every pick we can squeeze out of them.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,978

Post#30 » by Nick K » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:09 am

younggunsmn wrote:
Nick K wrote:

What was you guys's favorite part? Getting cooked for 26 points and 5 wide open 3's by an undrafted scrub center or giving up 34 points and 14 assists to a very mediocre Anfernee Simons?

Our pick and roll defense is an absolute goddamn mess and Karl is the main culprit, but this has to be the worst defensive game I have seen from Rudy this year.

Offensively, yes, he had a great game and we badly needed that from him tonight, cleaning up a lot of awful shots and making his free throws.

And it's kind of weird to write all that where Rudy is great on offense and terrible on defense.

This was not a game to be proud of against a team only really playing one rotation worthy player.
Maybe there is a bug going around or something with Ant sitting on the potty at tipoff, but this team has looked like hot garbage since the All-Star break.

NAW and NAZ have become my favorite players because of the enthusiasm and effort they bring every single night, and I'd really love both to retire Wolves.
Both can leave as free agents after next year and if our tax situation causes us to lose them it's going to be a huge, huge mistake.

If we don't at least make conference finals I'd pull the trigger on KAT to the Nets for cap space and every pick we can squeeze out of them.

I really don't agree with you on Rudy but the rest was pretty spot on. Kat and Ant have to get their heads out of their azzes. Especially Kat. I love the guy but he's his own worst enemy far to often. He has to grow up and so does Ant.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#31 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:11 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#32 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:41 am

younggunsmn wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Nice to see the Doom and Gloom Network leader back. We were missing you. My favorite part was we had more points at the end of the game than they did. I suppose you didn't like that part. A win is a loss I guess.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#33 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:42 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Awesome. :D
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 147

Post#34 » by Loaf_of_bread » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:52 am

KGdaBom wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Nice to see the Doom and Gloom Network leader back. We were missing you. My favorite part was we had more points at the end of the game than they did. I suppose you didn't like that part. A win is a loss I guess.

Hard to argue he's wrong that Kat needs to step it up
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#35 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:52 am

Not a nice win but i understand the strategy. Allow Rudy and Mike to work on shooting. That make sense. In the play off we need Rudy and Mike at 15-18 point per game . We can’t let all on Ant and Kat shoulder when it come to offense. We got 20 games to work on it. Today I was glad to see Rudy play well and Mike starting to warm up and not only going for 3 . That’s the only chance we got to win in PO. It not opponent just have to double Ant and Kat when they go inside and we will got the same problem we got all season poor shoot selection TO. If Ant and Kat get some help I’m sure they will get less and pressure and play well. Go wolves. Now for me no time for critics anymore, full behind them!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:01 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

He's probably right about some things, but his taking joy out of finding our every flaw and ignoring everything we do well I don't appreciate. If I were to just read his posts I would assume that our record is 19-43 instead of 43-19. We are a very good team and have as good a shot as anybody to hoist the Larry O'Brien with Boston being the one exception.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by younggunsmn » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:26 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Nice to see the Doom and Gloom Network leader back. We were missing you. My favorite part was we had more points at the end of the game than they did. I suppose you didn't like that part. A win is a loss I guess.

He's probably right about some things, but his taking joy out of finding our every flaw and ignoring everything we do well I don't appreciate. If I were to just read his posts I would assume that our record is 19-43 instead of 43-19. We are a very good team and have as good a shot as anybody to hoist the Larry O'Brien with Boston being the one exception.

I praised Rudy's offense and offensive rebounding and the play of the bench tonight.
Which were the only real bright spots.
But you only see what you want.

We have a veteran team we have gone all in on and barely beat a glorified G-League team tonight at home, a team that at full strength, when it's not missing 9/10 of its rotation like it was tonight, is still a bottom 5 team.

The delusional optimism "A win is a win" bit wore thin a long long time ago.
Watching a game where my team plays like crap and ekes one out against scrubs is a great deal less joyful than watching a win (or even very close loss) where we play really well.

I'd like nothing more than to gush about how awesome we are playing.
But our two best players are stinking up the joint.
Finch talked in his presser about how we wanted KAT to keep moving without the ball and be patient, but he kept trying to post in the mid range and mucked up the spacing, and both KAT and Ant just keep pounding it into the teeth of the defense because of their impatience.

I'd really like these guys to progress and lift this offense to its potential, but this season has been pretty discouraging on that front.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#38 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:30 am

younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:

I praised Rudy's offense and offensive rebounding and the play of the bench tonight.

We have a veteran team we have gone all in on and barely beat a glorified G-League team tonight at home, a team that at full strength, when it's not missing 9/10 of its rotation like it was tonight, is still a bottom 5 team.

Watching a game where my team plays like crap and ekes one out against scrubs is a great deal less joyful than watching a win (or even very close loss) where we play really well.

Finch talked in his presser about how we wanted KAT to keep moving without the ball and be patient, but he kept trying to post in the mid range and mucked up the spacing, and both KAT and Ant just keep pounding it into the teeth of the defense because of their impatience.

I'd really like these guys to progress and lift this offense to its potential, but this season has been pretty discouraging on that front.

I'd love for us to play perfect basketball. Win every game pretty. It's not the way it works. I'd like our offense and defense to both be #1 in the NBA. It's not the way it works.
We are who our record says we are. 43-19 and first in the west once the Lakers complete their annihilation of OKC tonight. I recommend you take a close look at OKC and spread some Doom and Gloom on their board.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by younggunsmn » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:47 am

KGdaBom wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:He's probably right about some things, but his taking joy out of finding our every flaw and ignoring everything we do well I don't appreciate. If I were to just read his posts I would assume that our record is 19-43 instead of 43-19. We are a very good team and have as good a shot as anybody to hoist the Larry O'Brien with Boston being the one exception.

I'd love for us to play perfect basketball. Win every game pretty. It's not the way it works. I'd like our offense and defense to both be #1 in the NBA. It's not the way it works.
We are who our record says we are. 43-19 and first in the west once the Lakers complete their annihilation of OKC tonight. I recommend you take a close look at OKC and spread some Doom and Gloom on their board.

I'm going to go over there right now and post a rant about how they ONLY control about one of every 5 draft picks for the next 10 years.
Then I'm going to post about what the hell they think they are doing contending this year because no one expected that going into the year.
Then I'm going to post a really angry rant about why the F they saved up all that cap space for next summer.
Then I'm going off on how they don't even have to worry about sniffing the luxury tax for at least 3 years.
Then I'm going off on a long non-basketball related tangent about how none of their young stars have knocked up any groupies lately or paid them 100k to cover their women's health care. Don't they support women?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#40 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:52 am

younggunsmn wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

I'm going to go over there right now and post a rant about how they only control about one of every 5 draft picks for the next 10 years.
Then I'm going to post a really angry rant about why the F they saved up all that cap space for next summer.
Then I'm going off on how they don't even have to worry about sniffing the luxury tax for at least 3 years.
Then I'm going off on a long non-basketball related tangent about how none of their young stars have knocked up any groupies lately or paid them 100k to cover their women's health care.

Their future looks bright. I'm glad you can really appreciate their team while hating ours. Tonight they got blown out by the Lakers. Final score was only 12 points, but OKC closed the gap in garbage time. They have a very good team. If they didn't they wouldn't have a chance to beat us for first in the west. I'm happy for them. We have a very good team. I wish we hadn't lost in OT to Sacramento and by one point to the Clippers. Our lead would be larger. Despite those 2 losses over the last 10 games we are 7-3 which is tied for the best record in the west in that time span. Being first in the west at about 80% of the season has been played is something I'm proud of. I'm not going to whine every time we lose or don't win pretty enough.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves