Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Re: Game 65: Wolves @ Lakers 8:30 CST 

Post#81 » by Movics » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:49 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Movics wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Kat is a below average defender. Naz is even worse.

Stats for that? He seemed much improved this season

Naz is a fantastic offensive spark plug, but sucks at everything related to defense. Not tough.. **** rebounder.

I’m asking Towns. From what I remember a few months ago, he was absolutely not below average defender
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#82 » by life_saver » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:51 am

Jaden has been quite disappointing on offense
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,175

Post#83 » by _AIJ_ » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:51 am

Conley has been a major disappointment
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 436

Post#84 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:53 am

Naz is a good shooter but he is very far from Kat … today we got destroyed at rebounding. It did not help….
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 154

Post#85 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:53 am

Movics wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Movics wrote:Stats for that? He seemed much improved this season

Naz is a fantastic offensive spark plug, but sucks at everything related to defense. Not tough.. **** rebounder.

I’m asking Towns. From what I remember a few months ago, he was absolutely not below average defender

Oh please, Towns advanced defensive stats are decent, but he is not a good defender. Guy is below average, and at the highest level offensively... pretty straightforward
Movics
Pro Prospect

Post#86 » by Movics » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:57 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Movics wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:

Oh please, Towns advanced defensive stats are decent, but he is not a good defender. Guy is below average, and at the highest level offensively... pretty straightforward

I think that was true in the past, but this year he made strides in his defense even using my eye test. Either way, hopefully he’ll get back soon healthy enough for the playoffs
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#87 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:57 am

29FT against 11…. Usual night at LA…
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,609

Post#88 » by jpatrick » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:59 am

Gobert is our most important player. If Gobert played, even without Towns, we’d have a decent chance. No Towns and no Gobert is too much.

Conley has been going through a bad stretch for awhile. I hope this is not the age and season wearing him down and this is his new normal. Because it’s bad. Conley and McDaniels being bad on the offensive end is not helping.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,506

Post#89 » by Calinks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:08 am

Towns gets treated like chopped liver but the guy is clearly a superstar. He carried this teams offense for a decade and he is certainly one of the more talented offensives players in the NBA. He is severely missed, we are a very different team without him. At the very least we need Rudy back ASAP, ANT is seeing how hard life is without other all-stars on the squad.

Also on the Towns tip, he carried far worse teams on his back and still managed to put up great numbers and get some wins. Again why I hate the empty stats argument. It is not easy being a good players on a trash team. Everyone is essentially kicking your ass every night and defense are gmaeplanning to stop you and only you. You still have to respect a guy who gets big numbers on a team.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,773

Post#90 » by shrink » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:16 am

I watched 30 seconds of the game, and turned it off.

I love the Wolves, but I need time after the officiating in the CLE game to convince myself this game isn’t rigged. :sigh:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,495

Post#91 » by winforlose » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:20 am

shrink wrote:I watched 30 seconds of the game, and turned it off.

I love the Wolves, but I need time after the officiating in the CLE game to convince myself this game isn’t rigged. :sigh:

You can spend a fortnight trying to convince yourself water isn’t wet. But end of the day, I think you just got to call a spade a spade.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#92 » by winforlose » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:25 am

Calinks wrote:Towns gets treated like chopped liver but the guy is clearly a superstar. He carried this teams offense for a decade and he is certainly one of the more talented offensives players in the NBA. He is severely missed, we are a very different team without him. At the very least we need Rudy back ASAP, ANT is seeing how hard life is without other all-stars on the squad.

Also on the Towns tip, he carried far worse teams on his back and still managed to put up great numbers and get some wins. Again why I hate the empty stats argument. It is not easy being a good players on a trash team. Everyone is essentially kicking your ass every night and defense are gmaeplanning to stop you and only you. You still have to respect a guy who gets big numbers on a team.

Very true but you forgot a few things.

1. Karl absorbs more contact than any other big in the league. He takes more contact than most other players regardless of position. He is rarely protected by a friendly whistle and much more often called for ticky tack garbage. Karl would be a 30/10 guy easy with an AD whistle.

2. For all the crap Karl takes about being a bad defender, you see how his size and rebounding helps finish plays. We got a lot of misses tonight and against Cleveland, but the play only ends when we have the ball.

3. Karl is the least selfish superstar you will ever meet. Change position, change offensive priorities, change entire rosters (we traded 9 guys in one season with him,) change the entire defensive scheme on him, ect… He never complains about it (outside of the officiating,) and he never drags down the locker room. How many times have you heard about how close our team is. How many times has Karl been right there in the center of it.

Karl is way better and way more important than people like to admit. We are certainly built to survive his absence. But surviving and thriving are not the same thing.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,506

Post#93 » by Calinks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:28 am

winforlose wrote:
Calinks wrote:Towns gets treated like chopped liver but the guy is clearly a superstar. He carried this teams offense for a decade and he is certainly one of the more talented offensives players in the NBA. He is severely missed, we are a very different team without him. At the very least we need Rudy back ASAP, ANT is seeing how hard life is without other all-stars on the squad.

Very true but you forgot a few things.

1. Karl absorbs more contact than any other big in the league. He takes more contact than most other players regardless of position. He is rarely protected by a friendly whistle and much more often called for ticky tack garbage. Karl would be a 30/10 guy easy with an AD whistle.

2. For all the crap Karl takes about being a bad defender, you see how his size and rebounding helps finish plays. We got a lot of misses tonight and against Cleveland, but the play only ends when we have the ball.

3. Karl is the least selfish superstar you will ever meet. Change position, change offensive priorities, change entire rosters (we traded 9 guys in one season with him,) change the entire defensive scheme on him, ect… He never complains about it (outside of the officiating,) and he never drags down the locker room. How many times have you heard about how close our team is. How many times has Karl been right there in the center of it.

Karl is way better and way more important than people like to admit. We are certainly built to survive his absence. But surviving and thriving are not the same thing.

Say what you will for Karl Towns, say he's a reliable soldier.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,401

Post#94 » by younggunsmn » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:41 am

I would not at all be surprised if Rudy Gobert was not unofficially suspended tonight for his post game comments.
If we are throwing in the towel at least sit Mike too.

The Brand Managers were heavily biased all night as usual and were not going to let us have this one.
Anthony Davis gets to spend the entire possession in the paint and chuck guys out of the way all night, Lebron can play karate chop defense and just run over guys in transition.

Jaden McDaniels and MC's continued shooting woes from 3 are hurting us.
Not sure if we were trying to play some high wall or Naz was just lost a lot of the time in pick and roll coverage.

Guys gave a valiant effort but we just did not have enough bullets in the chamber to pull this one out against a full strength Lakers team and not being able to get a single foul call on the offensive end.
Ant lost his intensity after the no call on the dunk attempt and didn't move the ball in the 2nd half like he did in the first.
Naz ran out of gas in the late 3rd quarter and played 42 minutes.
Not having another reliable big man option and being forced to play small all night really hurt us.

League will keep rigging our games for the rest of the season, especially after Rudy's comments.
It's going to be really ugly.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#95 » by Note30 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:47 am

life_saver wrote:Jaden has been quite disappointing on offense

And in general. That contract is starting to look really bad.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior

Post#96 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:49 am

Time to rest players if we loose Clippers one. We will ended at best 4 maybe 5. Better we get back to be the underdog with fresh players at PO time. There is zero chances we stay in front of Denver OKC and Clippers without KAT. Hope the staff see it too.
Movics
Pro Prospect

Post#97 » by Movics » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:08 pm

Note30 wrote:
life_saver wrote:Jaden has been quite disappointing on offense

And in general. That contract is starting to look really bad.

Zero improvement on offense since draft day. Quite disappointing. Just hoping it won’t be worse than an average contract once the new TV deal kicks in. I thought he’d become the third option by the end of the season, but it looks like even Rudy is a more reliable offensive player
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,919

Post#98 » by Colbinii » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:24 pm

younggunsmn wrote:League will keep rigging our games for the rest of the season, especially after Rudy's comments.

LOL Brah, come on. Nothing LeBron did was a foul. He is literally the greatest player ever at playing physical and not fouling, it is one of the reasons he is the GOAT.

Furtheremore, the refs let both teams get physical but we had Pencil Dick Naz Reid while they had LeBron and AD. The game is completely different if we have Gobert and I guarantee you if we out physical the Lakers that you won't say the NBA is rigging the game for the Timberwolves.

Take off your rose coloured glasses.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#99 » by winforlose » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm

Colbinii wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:League will keep rigging our games for the rest of the season, especially after Rudy's comments.

LOL Brah, come on. Nothing LeBron did was a foul. He is literally the greatest player ever at playing physical and not fouling, it is one of the reasons he is the GOAT.

Furtheremore, the refs let both teams get physical but we had Pencil Dick Naz Reid while they had LeBron and AD. The game is completely different if we have Gobert and I guarantee you if we out physical the Lakers that you won't say the NBA is rigging the game for the Timberwolves.

Please tell me this is satire. If it is, it is well done. If not… :(
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,919

Post#100 » by Colbinii » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:46 pm

winforlose wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Please tell me this is satire. If it is, it is well done. If not… :(

Sounds good Homer.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves