Game 68 Wolves at Jazz. 46-21

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Re: Game 68 Wolves at Jazz. 46-21 

Post#81 » by Klomp » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am

shrink wrote:I never thought I would have said this before the game, but if they rest everybody tomorrow, I'm not even going to complain.

These guys earned it tonight.

Again, I remind everyone.

We are up 1-0 in the season series with Denver with 3 games left. While winning clinches at worst a split, losing does absolutely nothing to hurt any tiebreaker chances.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#82 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:I never thought I would have said this before the game, but if they rest everybody tomorrow, I'm not even going to complain.

These guys earned it tonight.

Again, I remind everyone.

We are up 1-0 in the season series with Denver with 3 games left. While winning clinches at worst a split, losing does absolutely nothing to hurt any tiebreaker chances.

It's just wrong that we are getting decimated by injuries during the stretch drive. It's really amazing how well we are holding it together.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 358

Post#83 » by Guest84 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 am

Went from “they have too many bigs” to none at all smh
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,516

Post#84 » by TimberKat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:39 am

shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
TimberKat wrote:I am not watching the game. Did Ant dislocated a finger on that dunk,?

Uncertain.

Uh oh. Re-taping the finger for the final 68 seconds

ESPN said Ant did dislocated his finger. Hope he is OK.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,471

Post#85 » by winforlose » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:44 am

TimberKat wrote:
shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Uncertain.

I cannot tell you how weird it is that he seemed to player better after the injury. This man is not human.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#86 » by winforlose » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/live/9SBr2foPWs0?si=TKgDwFulj2SouTuu

This Jazz post cast is all about us. You would think they are Wolves fans with all the praise they heap on us.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#87 » by KGdaBom » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 am

TimberKat wrote:
shrink wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Uncertain.

Dislocations can be popped back into place without much ill effect. Odds are he will be fine.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#88 » by younggunsmn » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 am

That win was all heart! Great win and effort from the 2nd quarter onward.
Huge W for tiebreaker scenarios, and with us having so many injuries, taking care of business against the remaining teams with losing records becomes extra important to keep the boat afloat.

Terrible 1st quarter with like 8 turnovers and then only 1 the rest of the game.
Ant with an awful 1st half and an amazing 2nd half and dunk of the year.
He takes out Collins for taking Naz out of the game!

Utah very green still, poor guard play hurting them, Kessler still way too hesitant and not getting involved at all in the offense.
Our defense had them very well scouted, credit to the coaching staff on the game plan.
We had great positioning by our players away from the ball, anticipating and then denying the screener so they couldn't get into their top of the break screen actions they like to run for Markkanen. Led to a lot of shots for some of their less talented players.

Luka battled and even hit a couple 3's. Jmac was fantastic. Morris was good.
NAW was a one man wrecking crew on defense as usual and clutch shooter. Becoming one of my favorite players.

If he and Jaden switched contracts, I wouldn't even be mad.
I know Jaden is the more talented player/higher upside, but NAW is a better player than him at this moment in time.

I would not be mad at all if they played moore/miller/minott/luka 48 minutes apiece tomorrow.
We need to get/stay healthy.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#89 » by winforlose » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am

younggunsmn wrote:That win was all heart! Great win and effort from the 2nd quarter onward.
Huge W for tiebreaker scenarios, and with us having so many injuries, taking care of business against the remaining teams with losing records becomes extra important to keep the boat afloat.

Terrible 1st quarter with like 8 turnovers and then only 1 the rest of the game.
Ant with an awful 1st half and an amazing 2nd half and dunk of the year.
He takes out Collins for taking Naz out of the game!

Utah very green still, poor guard play hurting them, Kessler still way too hesitant and not getting involved at all in the offense.
Our defense had them very well scouted, credit to the coaching staff on the game plan.
We had great positioning by our players away from the ball, anticipating and then denying the screener so they couldn't get into their top of the break screen actions they like to run for Markkanen. Led to a lot of shots for some of their less talented players.

Luka battled and even hit a couple 3's. Jmac was fantastic. Morris was good.
NAW was a one man wrecking crew on defense as usual and clutch shooter. Becoming one of my favorite players.

If he and Jaden switched contracts, I wouldn't even be mad.
I know Jaden is the more talented player/higher upside, but NAW is a better player than him at this moment in time.

I would not be mad at all if they played moore/miller/minott/luka 48 minutes apiece tomorrow.
We need to get/stay healthy.

We were missing both our all NBA centers, and our 3rd string C went out for the entire second half after only playing 17:18 out of 24 minutes. We lost the rebounding battle 51-45 with more than a half of not having a true center. For context they have Markkanen, Collins, Kessler, Yertseven (all of whom are 6’10 or larger,) and Taylor Hendricks (who is 6’9, 214.) With all that size we lost the rebound battle by 6 and won the game by 10. Your god damn right that win was all heart. :)
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,978

Post#90 » by Nick K » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:49 am

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:Nickeil a +24, dang!

He plays so hard. Rapidly becoming one of my favorite players, and not just because I love his contract!

NAW has quietly been sensational. On both ends of the floor too. Talk about a guy stepping up. If we could only get that from MC D.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#91 » by winforlose » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:57 am

Nick K wrote:
shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:Nickeil a +24, dang!

He plays so hard. Rapidly becoming one of my favorite players, and not just because I love his contract!

NAW has quietly been sensational. On both ends of the floor too. Talk about a guy stepping up. If we could only get that from MC D.

MCD had a bad offensive game. He also had 8 boards and 3 stocks. More than that, he battled on so many rebounds in the 2nd half and even when he didn’t get them, he gave his teammates real chances at them. Jaden didn’t do as much as we all want, but he did a lot tonight.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,978

Post#92 » by Nick K » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:06 am

KGdaBom wrote:
TimberKat wrote:
shrink wrote:Uh oh. Re-taping the finger for the final 68 seconds

Dislocations can be popped back into place without much ill effect. Odds are he will be fine.

They still hurt like hell. They'll probably tape two fingers together and give him a pain killer. One thing we've learned is Ant is tough as they come.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#93 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:49 am

Ant is a warrior. This team even missing players has build a defensive identity who make them hard to beat. No Rudy but still strong. I hope we can finih 3rd and make a run, hopefully with KAT and Rudy. And ANT is becoming the superstar he should be....great night overall. Tomorrow we probably run out of gas but it does not matter.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#94 » by winforlose » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:00 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Ant is a warrior. This team even missing players has build a defensive identity who make them hard to beat. No Rudy but still strong. I hope we can finih 3rd and make a run, hopefully with KAT and Rudy. And ANT is becoming the superstar he should be....great night overall. Tomorrow we probably run out of gas but it does not matter.

18 stocks (steals and blocks,) evenly split 9 each. We lost the rebounding battle 47-35 but We won the assist battle 27-25. We also won the points off turnovers battle 27-13 and the bench point battle 42-40. But the truly crazy stat is winning paint points 46-42 while giving up that much size (even before Naz went out.) This wasn’t just our defense, this was our toughness and our culture, and more than anything our hunger carrying us. Plus it helps that we had 16 made 3s and Naz only accounted for 2 of them.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Post#95 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves