ImageImageImage

March Madness RealGM Bracket Challenge- make your picks!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

March Madness RealGM Bracket Challenge- make your picks! 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:06 pm

Can you beat your fellow RealGM'ers?

You can join the ESPN bracket group (password NBA) here https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?challengeId=240&from=espn&context=GROUP_INVITE&edition=espn-en&groupId=46623363-0994-4b44-bd59-75f4e0c705c2&joinKey=52b6d6fc-82db-3aef-9103-62f4755a1fe8

Please use your RealGM username when filling out bracket.

You will need an ESPN account if you don't have one. If you have Disney or hulu it may be the same log in info.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,795

Re: The final stretch before March Madness - who will win it all? 

Post#2 » by jkvonny » Sun Mar 3, 2024 2:50 am

Hard to say right now. But, I'm going to wait til things are finalized and the brackets are set. After the conference tournaments. No major injuries, etc. To get a better gauge on match ups and potential next round match ups.

But, w/o teh brackets at the moment. I could see teams like Houston Coogs, Purdue, Arizona, Bama, Gonzaga, St Marys (CA), Iowa State, Tennessee, San Diego State, etc win it all

Even some darkhorses like South Carolina, Baylor, Creighton, Utah State, Marquette, FAU, Dayton, Illinois, Indiana State, Wazzu, etc.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,557

Post#3 » by azcatz11 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:14 pm

As much as I’d like Arizona to win it all - I don’t think we will. I think Caleb love will shoot us out of a game. I don’t like guards like him that are very streaky.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:49 pm

azcatz11 wrote:As much as I’d like Arizona to win it all - I don’t think we will. I think Caleb love will shoot us out of a game. I don’t like guards like him that are very streaky.

I think Washington St is a dark horse. Not to win it all, but maybe get to elite eight or possibly the final 4 if they get really hot.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,808

Post#5 » by ___Rand___ » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:19 pm

Covid hangover continues. Last year teams with big physical players surrounded by mature guards with size who play tough defense made it to Final 4 and Ucon won it all. This trend is going to continue this year. I like Tennessee and Arizona the most. Tennessee team isn't a bunch of college boys. They are all grown MEN who play tough D. Az has that humongous paint blotter Ballo and a bunch of mature guards around him. Ucon without Sonogo isn't the same physical team. Marquette is too tiny and will get bodied out of the tourny. Houston plays physical, and have mature bodies, but aren't big enough to make it to the final. Purdue has Edy surrounded by a bunch of fairies and won't survive the tourny. Kansas is the same.

UNLESS. The biggest wildcard is the whistle. Last year's tourny zebras let them play. It was one of the most physical tournaments in memory. If they switch and call everything this year, then one of the soft teams will win it all. Like Purdue, or Kansas, or a team that gets hot shooting in the tournament.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,061

Post#6 » by iggymcfrack » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:30 pm

Houston’s #1 in KenPom by a decent margin. I’m gonna go with them. Also boo for no poll!
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,916

Post#7 » by ReddoverKobe » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:06 pm

Not that the Badgers were going to but at one point they were ranked #6 and looked like they had a shot at sneaking into a final four or elite eight. Now they have lost seven of nine and could lose the last two and maybe fall out of the tourney.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 683

Post#8 » by Movics » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:34 pm

USF! Hoooorns up! damn team won fewer games under my 4 years there as a student than this season alone
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Post#9 » by Clav » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:22 am

My Oklahoma Sooners have no chance. They might slip in as a 7-10 seed, and will maybe win a game or two, but no more than that. OU has a few decent guards and wing players, but they are overly reliant on shooting to be effective and turnover prone. Post play is pretty much mid-level with nothing more than rebound getters and back to basket finishers. Houston and Kansas, plus the UNC Duke combos and some SEC teams like Tennessee look dangerous to win it all though.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Post#10 » by Clav » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:23 am

DP
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#11 » by azcatz11 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:24 am

Movics wrote:USF! Hoooorns up! damn team won fewer games under my 4 years there as a student than this season alone

USF is legit. I’ve seen a few of their games including the FAU win. Miguel is a good player
Movics
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by Movics » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:05 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Movics wrote:USF! Hoooorns up! damn team won fewer games under my 4 years there as a student than this season alone

USF is legit. I’ve seen a few of their games including the FAU win. Miguel is a good player

Youngblood is a helluva player too. He makes great decisions on offense and an outstanding defender. He’d make a good pro if he were a bit quicker. Our center, Pryor, is a legit college level player too. We might actually go a couple rounds in the tournament this year.
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#13 » by azcatz11 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:08 am

Movics wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Youngblood is a helluva player too. He makes great decisions on offense and an outstanding defender. He’d make a good pro if he were a bit quicker. Our center, Pryor, is a legit college level player too. We might actually go a couple rounds in the tournament this year.

Youngblood seems to be the glue of the team. Kind of like a poor mans' Shead (from Houston) if that's a decent comparison.

Honestly, not a hug fan of Pryor. He just has awful hands. Scrappy though for sure...

Miguel though...kid has been on a burner of late. I think he will take you as far as his shooting. I can see you guys going Sweet 16 or possibly farther. Fun team to watch
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#14 » by Chuck Everett » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:50 am

UConn goes back to back IMO. They are healthy now and Clingan is a game changer. It looks like Houston has lost three bench players for the season.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#15 » by azcatz11 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:57 am

Chuck Everett wrote:UConn goes back to back IMO. They are healthy now and Clingan is a game changer. It looks like Houston has lost three bench players for the season.

Id probably take them also.

I think people are sleeping on Duke rn. I’m surprised their odds are so low. They’re blowing people out except the wake game
Movics
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by Movics » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:02 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Movics wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Youngblood seems to be the glue of the team. Kind of like a poor mans' Shead (from Houston) if that's a decent comparison.

Honestly, not a hug fan of Pryor. He just has awful hands. Scrappy though for sure...

Miguel though...kid has been on a burner of late. I think he will take you as far as his shooting. I can see you guys going Sweet 16 or possibly farther. Fun team to watch

Yeah, Youngblood seems to be the leader in the locker room. Great player overall, I was very impressed when I saw him first. Also, we’re kind of old. Most of our roster consists of seniors, that matters when it’s march.
I also agree on Pryor. Sometimes he tries to be too flashy with his passing, but he can spread the floor. Can put it on the floor too, just gotta feed him in the right spot. Not a good finisher either. If we could get a 5th, 6th seed winning out the rest of the season… man, can’t wait for the last home game on Tuesday.

I hope Youngblood and Miguel will at least make a summer league roster. Last Bulls that made a SL roster were Victor Rudd and Boogie’s little brother years and years ago (who got into an altercation in his senior year at a bar when Boogie was visiting. Got arrested alongside another teammate whose name is skipping my mind. Crashed his Escalade on campus once :D )
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,678

Post#17 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:04 am

I’ll go full homer right now. Duke is hitting their stride at the perfect time.

They also have a few key ingredients you want to see from a title contending team in March.

3pt shooting: one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the country
Guard play: Roach, McCain, Proctor(has finally started to look good the last 4-5 games) is a very solid stable of guards to count on
Inside presence: after a rough patch, Flip is starting to look like the All American big that he was earlier in the season.

Watch out for my guys this month!
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#18 » by azcatz11 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:18 am

Duke4life831 wrote:I’ll go full homer right now. Duke is hitting their stride at the perfect time.

They also have a few key ingredients you want to see from a title contending team in March.

Guard play: Roach, McCain, Proctor(has finally started to look good the last 4-5 games) is a very solid stable of guards to count on
Inside presence: after a rough patch, Flip is starting to look like the All American big that he was earlier in the season.

I agree. McCain obviously the X factor. Reminds me of salim stoudamire
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,833

Post#19 » by RookieStar » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:48 am

Duke4life831 wrote:I’ll go full homer right now. Duke is hitting their stride at the perfect time.

I cant trust Flip. I mean if you tell me in the tourney Flip was held scoreless the entire game, i wouldnt even blink.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#20 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:41 am

Ohio State's hot since firing Holtmann. 4-1, beating Purdue. So probably us, once we win the Big Ten Tournament for the AQ.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves