Game 70 Cavs at Wolves, 3-22-24, 47-22

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,684

Re: Game 70 Cavs at Wolves, 3-22-24, 47-22 

Post#41 » by shrink » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:40 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
shrink wrote:Looks like Jarrett Allen only had six FTA’s (closer to his 4.7 season average), instead of the 21 he was given last time.

No Scott Foster.

Allen did good this game, but yeah it helps when Foster isn't there acting like Allen is Embiid with his whistle lol

I’m still mad about this one. And the refs even reviewed it, and gave Rudy a flagrant 1. I’m not sure Gobert’s elbow connected with anything, and his arm was beneath Allen’s arm! Allen flops his head back like he was hit, and even after it’s reviewed, the refs decide Flagrant 1?!? That wasn’t just Scott Foster. Maybe you can call it a hook with the back of an arm, but putting your triceps into a guy’s ribs is not a Flagrant 1, with Allen trying to trick the refs with the unnatural snap back of his head.

While there is no reason to get a tech, it’s pretty understandable to me why Gobert was angry, getting calls like that against the team all night.

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Post#42 » by winforlose » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:10 am

shrink wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
shrink wrote:Looks like Jarrett Allen only had six FTA’s (closer to his 4.7 season average), instead of the 21 he was given last time.

No Scott Foster.

Allen did good this game, but yeah it helps when Foster isn't there acting like Allen is Embiid with his whistle lol

I’m still mad about this one. And the refs even reviewed it, and gave Rudy a flagrant 1. I’m not sure Gobert’s elbow connected with anything, and his arm was beneath Allen’s arm! Allen flops his head back like he was hit, and even after it’s reviewed, the refs decide Flagrant 1?!? Maybe you can call it a hook with the back of an arm, but putting your triceps into a guy’s ribs is not a Flagrant 1, with Allen trying to trick the refs with the unnatural snap back of his head.

While there is no reason to get a tech, it’s pretty understandable to me why Gobert was angry, getting calls like that against the team all night.

In theory (and I don’t agree with this,) the excessive nature of the move (the speed and force with which it was applied,) could not reasonably considered a basketball move. The thinking being he knew he would be called for an offensive foul, so obviously he was just delivering a cheap shot. The problem is Rudy is REALLY clumsy in the low post. Like he is a TERRIBLE back to the basket player. So when he does something out of control and excessive, you need to grade on a curve. Combine that with where the contact was, and how Rudy acted after the contact, and it should not have been flagrant.
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 93

Post#43 » by cmoss84 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:52 am

Jokic can elbow defenders in face with no review. **** calls lead to 2 successful challenges but no further possible reviews. I love watching these wolves...but I won't watch NBA much longer. Obvious, pathetic, and one sided no calls going to make people stop watching basketball in no time. Super frustrating.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves