ImageImageImage

Game 72: Pistons at Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,457

Re: Game 72: Pistons at Timberwolves 

Post#61 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

younggunsmn wrote:This wasn't a great win but I'll take it.
The defense stepped up in the 2nd half and gave us enough to win.
The Pistons played harder and had better shot contests than us in the first half.
The shooting was off tonight so that hurt, but we also just kept chucking 3's in the 2nd quarter even though we had missed I think 14 in a row at one point. In the late 3rd and 4th we finally started taking it to the basket with slomo and NAW leading the way.

Pistons put out a very poor group of players tonight. Cade was hot in the first quarter but went brick city the rest of the way.
They didn't involve Duren enough and Wiseman is pretty mediocre offensively and very soft when it comes to defense and rebounding.
If we were playing against the Ivey/Burks/Bogdanovic bunch we faced last time, we probably lose this game.

Ant didn't show up, hopefully he brings it against Denver.
Kyle looks so much better when he plays the 4 and he was cutting more tonight off the ball instead of spacing at the 3 point line and then driving into traffic, and that seemed to work better for us.

You say chucking, but they were wide open. The Wolves took what they were being given by the defense. Don’t forget, we are #3 in the NBA by 3 point make percentage. Naz is not going 1-8 often. Mike is not going 1-5 often. Ant is not going 1-4 often. Jaden being 3-7 is damn good for him.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#62 » by younggunsmn » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm

winforlose wrote:
The Pistons played harder and had better shot contests than us in the first half.
The shooting was off tonight so that hurt, but we also just kept chucking 3's in the 2nd quarter even though we had missed I think 14 in a row at one point. In the late 3rd and 4th we finally started taking it to the basket with slomo and NAW leading the way.

Pistons put out a very poor group of players tonight. Cade was hot in the first quarter but went brick city the rest of the way.
They didn't involve Duren enough and Wiseman is pretty mediocre offensively and very soft when it comes to defense and rebounding.
If we were playing against the Ivey/Burks/Bogdanovic bunch we faced last time, we probably lose this game.

Kyle looks so much better when he plays the 4 and he was cutting more tonight off the ball instead of spacing at the 3 point line and then driving into traffic, and that seemed to work better for us.

You say chucking, but they were wide open. The Wolves took what they were being given by the defense. Don’t forget, we are #3 in the NBA by 3 point make percentage. Naz is not going 1-8 often. Mike is not going 1-5 often. Ant is not going 1-4 often. Jaden being 3-7 is damn good for him.

Yeah but you miss 10 shots in a row you need to see the ball go in the basket.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#63 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm

I truly believe that the biggest difference between the playoffs last year and the playoffs this year is going to be the bench.

Last year, we entered the playoffs without both Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid. Here were the reserves to log at least 10 minutes in each game of the Nuggets series as a result:
Game 1: Anderson, Nowell, Prince, Rivers, McLaughlin
Game 2: Anderson, Alexander-Walker, Nowell
Game 3: Anderson, Prince, Nowell
Game 4: Prince, Anderson, Rivers
Game 5: Prince, Rivers

Even right now with Reid in the starting lineup for Towns, having Alexander-Walker, Anderson, Morris and McLaughlin is a huge help to give the starters a breather.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,457

Post#64 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Yeah but you miss 10 shots in a row you need to see the ball go in the basket.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle (no pun intended) The 3 was open because they were packing the paint. But we are good enough to get inside if we really want to. Overall, I have no problem with 14 3s in a quarter. When they are open guys should shoot them.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#65 » by KGdaBom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

In the end a win is a win is a win is a win is a win.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves