Game 72: Pistons at Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,256

Re: Game 72: Pistons at Timberwolves 

Post#41 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 am

Movics wrote:
Calinks wrote:Rudy is so nice. Just legislates crap out there for us.

He’s much better than I pictured him before the trade. Definitely didn’t see him enough to assess him properly in Utah.

Am I the only one that disagrees with Jim Pete and thinks Morris has been pretty underwhelming? Not the Conley heir as he was talked about in my eyes

He’s been a huge stabilizing force with the 2nd unit. His defense has been surprisingly good and his he’s hitting 42% of his 3s (but I wish he’d take more of them).
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#42 » by KGdaBom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 am

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,461

Post#43 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Movics wrote:

He’s much better than I pictured him before the trade. Definitely didn’t see him enough to assess him properly in Utah.

Am I the only one that disagrees with Jim Pete and thinks Morris has been pretty underwhelming? Not the Conley heir as he was talked about in my eyes

He’s been a huge stabilizing force with the 2nd unit. His defense has been surprisingly good and his he’s hitting 42% of his 3s (but I wish he’d take more of them).

His assist to turnover rate is incredible. His 3 point shooting is good since the break. His defense is better than advertised, and he plays well with multiple units. Not sure what more you can ask for a guy who missed around 45+ games, and is getting back from a hamstring injury.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#44 » by KGdaBom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Movics wrote:

I'm happy with Monte too. :D
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 680

Post#45 » by Movics » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 am

Yeah, I wasn’t aware his 3PT% is so high. For some reason I just have a bad feeling whenever he shoots unlike when NAW lets it fly who is actually worse from three… I believe you guys, my eye test is off regarding him I guess. If y’all are happy with him, so am I. I expected him to take all of JMac’s minutes by now, but seems like he’s been playing better since the Morris trade too and I was expecting a bigger difference between the two players. Both are ways better than Milton was anyway.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 146

Post#46 » by Loaf_of_bread » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

Personally prefer more minutes to jmac over Morris, but not worth a debate. Morris does have good stats in the playoffs with a larger sample size than pure circumstance... so what do i know
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 414

Post#47 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am

Not a nice win but easy one. I find hard some comments here on ANT. Yes he did not put 100% tonight and on my opinion, he is right. Money time come soon and we will need him 100%.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,503

Post#48 » by TimberKat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Movics wrote:Yeah, I wasn’t aware his 3PT% is so high. For some reason I just have a bad feeling whenever he shoots unlike when NAW lets it fly who is actually worse from three… I believe you guys, my eye test is off regarding him I guess. If y’all are happy with him, so am I. I expected him to take all of JMac minutes by now, but seems like he’s been playing better since the Morris trade too and I was expecting a bigger difference between the two players. Both are ways better than Milton was anyway.

I see your point. He only had one game scoring doubles figure (12 pts) so far. Just steady backup minutes, fairly good D but shoots around 45% overall. I like to see him get hot once a while.
cmoss84
Junior
And1: 93

Post#49 » by cmoss84 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

1) we need to trade KAT for Cunningham+
2) this is how Jaden scores 20ppg. Tell him to attempt 3pt and 3footer every quarter.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#50 » by WolfAddict » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

cmoss84 wrote:1) we need to trade KAT for Cunningham+
2) this is how Jaden scores 20ppg. Tell him to attempt 3pt and 3footer every quarter.

1) Sorry I can't agree - We have good organising PGs here to compliment Ant, KAT and co. I wouldn't trade KAT for Cunningham now we've pretty much fixed our PG issues.
2) 100% agree
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#51 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,978

Post#52 » by Nick K » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Ant is not even cheering on the bench. Wth is wrong with him tonight?

:lol: :banghead: ...That's too good.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Nick K » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

cmoss84 wrote:1) we need to trade KAT for Cunningham+

Please NO! We're a much better team with Kitty.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Nick K » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

Denver loses to PHX tonight!! We're 1/2 game out!!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#55 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Ant is not even cheering on the bench. Wth is wrong with him tonight?

Cheering/smiling on the bench? I remember we used to rip Wolves players for doing that!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,412

Post#56 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

Nick K wrote:Denver loses to PHX tonight!! We're 1/2 game out!!

This is insane, we should have no business still competing for the top seed but here we are. We can still take this.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#57 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:Personally prefer more minutes to jmac over Morris, but not worth a debate. Morris does have good stats in the playoffs with a larger sample size than pure circumstance... so what do i know

Jmac has been great this season. His 3 point shot is money. I think Morris is a better overall defender, but Jmac can be disruptive there and get steals. I'm happy we've got them both at the moment.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#58 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Personally prefer more minutes to jmac over Morris, but not worth a debate. Morris does have good stats in the playoffs with a larger sample size than pure circumstance... so what do i know

Jmac has been great this season. His 3 point shot is money. I think Morris is a better overall defender, but Jmac can be disruptive there and get steals. I'm happy we've got them both at the moment.

What is nuts is they can play together, and play with Mike, and still have positive minutes. Everyone talked about how big we play and how big we can go. Now we can go Unicorn or Minicorn and be productive. That’s what you call first world problems :) :) :)
winforlose
General Manager

Post#59 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

Calinks wrote:
Nick K wrote:Denver loses to PHX tonight!! We're 1/2 game out!!

This is insane, we should have no business still competing for the top seed but here we are. We can still take this.

Last year when we traded for Rudy and I said he was KAT insurance, this is what I envisioned. A couple months back when I said we are built to survive losing a starter, this is what I envisioned. The truly nuts part is that we won games without Karl or Rudy. As much as Finch’s game management and rotations drive me crazy sometimes, I have to hand it to his defensive prowess. He has a knack for making career average defenders like JMAC and Monte Morris look excellent, and excellent defenders like Jaden and Rudy look superhuman.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#60 » by younggunsmn » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm

This wasn't a great win but I'll take it.
The defense stepped up in the 2nd half and gave us enough to win.
The Pistons played harder and had better shot contests than us in the first half.
The shooting was off tonight so that hurt, but we also just kept chucking 3's in the 2nd quarter even though we had missed I think 14 in a row at one point. In the late 3rd and 4th we finally started taking it to the basket with slomo and NAW leading the way.

Pistons put out a very poor group of players tonight. Cade was hot in the first quarter but went brick city the rest of the way.
They didn't involve Duren enough and Wiseman is pretty mediocre offensively and very soft when it comes to defense and rebounding.
If we were playing against the Ivey/Burks/Bogdanovic bunch we faced last time, we probably lose this game.

Ant didn't show up, hopefully he brings it against Denver.
Kyle looks so much better when he plays the 4 and he was cutting more tonight off the ball instead of spacing at the 3 point line and then driving into traffic, and that seemed to work better for us.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves