ImageImageImage

Game 78: Wolves vs. Land of no Lakes

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 699

Re: Game 78: Wolves vs. Land of no Lakes 

Post#61 » by Movics » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:13 am

KGdaBom wrote:You all think Naz deserves Jaden's contract and Jaden deserves Naz's contract?

Jaden is one of the best defenders in the league. Naz is an elite, maybe the best big man off a bench. They’re making 3/42 and 5/136 respectively. A 4/70 and 5/110 would be more just imo. Jaden just better WORK on his threes. I really think Jaden’s defense is more crucial to our success
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,857

Post#62 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:14 am

Our PPG allowed is going up.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 875

Post#63 » by Dalvin » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:18 am

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took care of business and defeated the land of no lakes Lakers team!
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 155

Post#64 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:18 am

That denver game will be the decider.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 155

Post#65 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:19 am

Ant needs to get his head in the game. Step it up or we aren't going anywhere
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,558

Post#66 » by TimberKat » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:25 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:That denver game will be the decider.

Don't overlook the Washington Generals. They had won a game or two before.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#67 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:27 am

Klomp wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:Quality depth has won us so many games this year.
Nice to have the luxury of watching the lead expand with your best player on the bench for 6 minutes.

I think these playoffs are going to be eye-opening for a lot of people. They think what we put out against Denver is the same group we have now, when it's so much better.

Fully agree.

Last year against Denver it was more that injuries forced our depth (NAW and Kyle in particular) into bigger roles and there was no one to replace them in their bench role.

This year we have added Monte Morris and a Jmac that can shoot to what we had last year, plus taking a healthy Jaden and Naz (fingers crossed) into the playoffs.
If we can survive a round or 2 until KAT is healthy and back to form, the sky is the limit.

When KAT went down, I said it might not be catastrophic because the defense should improve, and we can win in a different way, and that has largely been true so far.
It will be a real test if we can win a playoff series that way.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:31 am

Movics wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:You all think Naz deserves Jaden's contract and Jaden deserves Naz's contract?

Jaden is one of the best defenders in the league. Naz is an elite, maybe the best big man off a bench. They’re making 3/42 and 5/136 respectively. A 4/70 and 5/110 would be more just imo. Jaden just better WORK on his threes. I really think Jaden’s defense is more crucial to our success

Jaden is overpaid, and Naz and NAW are definitely underpaid.
Going to be super important to re-sign both in '25 offseason.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:36 am

I would like to see a W/L breakdown metric with regards to Anthony Edwards turnovers.
0-2, 3-4, and 5+.

He only had one tonight and our offense looked pretty good.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,513

Post#70 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:23 am

Had a long paragraph get swallowed by the refresh. Great 2nd quarter, bad 1st, terrible 3rd quarter. Naz dropping 31 is definitely because of the towel at Wrestlemania. We need Rudy to get one of his buddies in France to take a picture with it at the Eiffel tower. Meanwhile Ant can get Ricky Rubio to take one to famous locations around Spain. Everyday before a playoff game the pictures will drop and Naz will become unstoppable.

Regarding the rest of the season. If we beat Denver, we can afford to lose one of the other three games. If we lose to Denver, then even winning out, we still need Denver to lose to one of the Jazz, Spurs, or Griz. So basically win or the 2 seed.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,727

Post#71 » by minimus » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:38 am

younggunsmn wrote:
Movics wrote:

Jaden is making 4 mil this season.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 445

Post#72 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:27 am

Good win, we take care of the business.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by younggunsmn » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:10 pm

minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
Movics wrote:Jaden is one of the best defenders in the league. Naz is an elite, maybe the best big man off a bench. They’re making 3/42 and 5/136 respectively. A 4/70 and 5/110 would be more just imo. Jaden just better WORK on his threes. I really think Jaden’s defense is more crucial to our success

I'm talking about the 5/136 coming up that I alluded to.
Not worth close to that. Yet.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,611

Post#74 » by jpatrick » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:56 pm

younggunsmn wrote:
minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

Jaden’s shooting is a killer for a team with spacing issues already. I was hoping he’d be around 40% considering most of this threes and wide open catch and shoots.

Our defensive gets us by in the regular season but the fear is that with him, Rudy, and Anderson all getting regular minutes in the playoffs, with more extensive game planning, teams will be able to pack the paint, sagging off them, and giving no lanes for Ant and company.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,513

Post#75 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:18 pm

jpatrick wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
minimus wrote:

Jaden’s shooting is a killer for a team with spacing issues already. I was hoping he’d be around 40% considering most of this threes and wide open catch and shoots.

Our defensive gets us by in the regular season but the fear is that with him, Rudy, and Anderson all getting regular minutes in the playoffs, with more extensive game planning, teams will be able to pack the paint, sagging off them, and giving no lanes for Ant and company.

I give this a half true. Jaden is 34% from deep this year. Granted he is a sweet spot shooter, and from the sweet spots it is likely higher. That said, he is 49% from the field. His handle is not good to create a lot of his own offense, but he is able to attack in space. Karl and Ant both create that space with their offensive gravity. Also, Jaden plays great defense against some of the best guards/wings/small ball PFs, in the league. Jaden is only a liability if he cannot knock down the open catch and shoot 3, and so far he is streaky, but when he gets it going, he can and has dropped 20 on any given night.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,277

Post#76 » by Baseline81 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:31 pm

How can you not love Edwards?

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,857

Post#77 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:55 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:Good win, we take care of the business.

Close and not bad for a Frenchman, but it's TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS!!
Every Day, Every Way.

Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,991

Post#78 » by Nick K » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:59 pm

minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:
Movics wrote:Jaden is one of the best defenders in the league. Naz is an elite, maybe the best big man off a bench. They’re making 3/42 and 5/136 respectively. A 4/70 and 5/110 would be more just imo. Jaden just better WORK on his threes. I really think Jaden’s defense is more crucial to our success

What you don't say is next year Jaden will make 22+ million with escalators ending 2028-2029 at 29.8 million!

Yes Jaden is being overpaid. We had better hope he develops an offensive game because solid defenders that can't score are a dime a dozen and make spit.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,991

Post#79 » by Nick K » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:03 pm

BTW, Naz is on the best contract in the NBA making 13 mil in 2023-2024, 14 mil 2025, 15 mil 2026.

Hats off to Naz staying here with his buddies for less. Don't shed any tears for Naz cause his next contract will be double that at least.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#80 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:27 pm

Nick K wrote:
minimus wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

What you don't say is next year Jaden will make 22+ million with escalators ending 2028-2029 at 29.8 million!

Yes Jaden is being overpaid. We had better hope he develops an offensive game because solid defenders that can't score are a dime a dozen and make spit.

He needs to spend this summer working on being able to change pace with his dribbling.

I've very rarely seen Jaden do anything other than a line drive, if he's on the right he goes around the left, if he's in a straight line he does that, but he's pretty uncomfortable going right at all.

He also can't change pace worth a lick, and no matter how much he tightens or loosens his handle unless he can change pace he really is going to have a hard time. You'll see it when on rare occasions he tries to pump fake or hesi his opponent, they go nowhere, they know his pace is gonna stay the same. Ant and ironically DLo are both amazing at changing pace and levels of dribbling, he should spend time with Ant or even Mike this summer learning how to do that, or a dev coach.

Outside of that, his footwork isn't bad at times, shooting isn't terrible, he just can't make his own plays because all he can really do is straight line drives.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves