ImageImageImage

Game 82: Suns at Wolves (WE MADE IT!)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,980

Re: Game 82: Suns at Wolves (WE MADE IT!) 

Post#181 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,744

Post#182 » by thinktank » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:26 pm

My prediction for this series is that, in retrospect, we’ll wish we would’ve gotten Leonard Miller some run during the season.

I think Vogel is absolutely content to leave Kyle Anderson completely alone.

And I believe Leonard Miller will look good next year.
"a poor addition to the board"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#183 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 pm

An interesting key I've noticed is that Ant hasn't been getting 3-point shots up against the Suns.

Ant puts up 7 or more 3s in over half of his games this year, but none came against Phoenix. A game with 3, a game with 4, a game with 6.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#184 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 pm

This is absolutely the worst matchup we could see on paper. But if we get past them? I think we have to be feeling confident that we can beat anyone.

Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,732

Post#185 » by Shaka_Zulu » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:30 pm

Klomp wrote:This is absolutely the worst matchup we could see on paper. But if we get past them? I think we have to be feeling confident that we can beat anyone.

Except next opponent would be frigging Denver and Jokic.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 am

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
Klomp wrote:This is absolutely the worst matchup we could see on paper. But if we get past them? I think we have to be feeling confident that we can beat anyone.

I'm not worried about our confidence level against Denver.

thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,744

Post#187 » by thinktank » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 am

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

Winning a playoff series would be the biggest and best thing to happen to this franchise in decades.

It would be a HUGE shot in the arm.

Also, you have to assume the road in the West goes through Denver.
"a poor addition to the board"
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#188 » by minimus » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 am

I wonder if pushing tempo against PHO is a bad idea. MIN indeed have been one of slowest teams in terms of running in fastbreak, but with Edwards, Reid, McDaniels, NAW against Booker, Allen, Beal and KD can we get an advantage?
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,278

Post#189 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 pm

minimus wrote:I wonder if pushing tempo against PHO is a bad idea. MIN indeed have been one of slowest teams in terms of running in fastbreak, but with Edwards, Reid, McDaniels, NAW against Booker, Allen, Beal and KD can we get an advantage?

Outside of Edwards, who do we have to really push the ball? There is a reason we're such a slow team.

Definitely not Rudy or KAT. McDaniels handle isn't sufficient. Conley has significantly slowed down.

Honestly, McLaughlin is our best player at pushing the ball up the court...
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,538

Post#190 » by TimberKat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:15 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
minimus wrote:I wonder if pushing tempo against PHO is a bad idea. MIN indeed have been one of slowest teams in terms of running in fastbreak, but with Edwards, Reid, McDaniels, NAW against Booker, Allen, Beal and KD can we get an advantage?

Outside of Edwards, who do we have to really push the ball? There is a reason we're such a slow team.

Definitely not Rudy or KAT. McDaniels handle isn't sufficient. Conley has significantly slowed down.

Pushing tempo was what we did the last game and it leads to all sorts of turnovers. Also you don't want to give Suns more possession, it gets tiring to defend. The key to me is breaking Suns' triple team zone defense on Ant. Go to the post with Towns or Ant draw/kick to open things up instead of forcing the issue.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,278

Post#191 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

TimberKat wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Pushing tempo was what we did the last game and it leads to all sorts of turnovers. Also you don't want to give Suns more possession, it gets tiring to defend. The key to me is breaking Suns' triple team zone defense on Ant. Go to the post with Towns or Ant draw/kick to open things up instead of forcing the issue.

Yup. Ant can't keep attacking the triple team. He needs to learn, as soon as the helpers start to come, to give up the ball and quickly move to a new spot where he can get it back in a more advantageous position.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:39 pm

TimberKat wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

I think we need to go back to Monte Morris in this series. McLaughlin has been a negative in both April games against Phoenix, whereas Monte was a +10 in 22 minutes in the first game.

I understand we used McLaughlin to inject some life and pace into the offense in this game, but otherwise they provide the same skills on offense but defensively Morris is bigger than McLaughlin and better on defense. He won't get bullied by their bigger guards.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves