ImageImageImage

WCQ Game 2: Phoenix at Minnesota, 6:30 pm Tuesday (Wolves lead 1-0)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,105

WCQ Game 2: Phoenix at Minnesota, 6:30 pm Tuesday (Wolves lead 1-0) 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: WCQ Game 2: Phoenix at Minnesota, 6:30 pm Tuesday (Wolves lead 1-0) 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,825

Post#5 » by shrink » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:45 pm

(I loved that first offensive board by Jaden - tone-setter!)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:53 pm

Grayson Allen was held relatively in check in Game 1, but if the injury he sustained keeps him out, that could really be a brutal blow for the Suns. Minnesota was at the start of its 3rd quarter run when he left (a 7-1 run over 2:19), but that ballooned to a 14-4 run over the last 4:44 of the 3rd after he left.

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,860

Post#7 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm

It all comes down to taking care of business. We do that we win. This game is huge. 2-0 the Suns need to win 4 of the next five. We lose the Suns have home court advantage.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,524

Post#8 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:38 am

KGdaBom wrote:It all comes down to taking care of business. We do that we win. This game is huge. 2-0 the Suns need to win 4 of the next five. We lose the Suns have home court advantage.

The best mindset the Wolves could have is to pretend they lost the last game, and need this one to survive. You do that, and you find that desperation/hunger again, and I think we go up 2-0 and essentially win the series tomorrow.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#9 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 am

4:00am and I cannot sleep. Naturally my thoughts turn to the Wolves, and more specifically do I want Kyle healthy enough to play tomorrow. My gut says no, but I did have an interesting idea about how to use him. What if Finch told Kyle when on offense and off the ball to literally never stop running. The only exception is when he is setting screens. He literally just runs between screens and cuts the entire time. Play him for 4-5 minute stints and just drain his batteries but totally mess with the Suns defense. Constant off ball screens means a lot of defensive motion and switching. If he is back door cutting all the time how do you ignore him. It keeps Kyle out of the corner and off ball for when Ant or Mike want to cook.
FrenchMinnyFan
Senior
And1: 445

Post#10 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm

This will be a tough one. Suns will adjust and we can expect Booker and Beal to shoot better. Hopefully KAT is doing a bit more and Mike come big at crutch time. I have not much doubt about our defense and ANT level. Go Wolves!
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,559

Post#11 » by TimberKat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 pm

winforlose wrote:4:00am and I cannot sleep. Naturally my thoughts turn to the Wolves, and more specifically do I want Kyle healthy enough to play tomorrow. My gut says no, but I did have an interesting idea about how to use him. What if Finch told Kyle when on offense and off the ball to literally never stop running. The only exception is when he is setting screens. He literally just runs between screens and cuts the entire time. Play him for 4-5 minute stints and just drain his batteries but totally mess with the Suns defense. Constant off ball screens means a lot of defensive motion and switching. If he is back door cutting all the time how do you ignore him. It keeps Kyle out of the corner and off ball for when Ant or Mike want to cook.

But you forgot his nickname is SlowMo, so just running around is not going to help that much. Have him sit is more effective.
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,559

Post#12 » by TimberKat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:46 pm

If we look at the last 53 games of the season, Suns and Wolves have basically the same record (Suns with one more win). So, they are not as doom and gloom as some Suns fan thinks. It's going to be a tough game tonight.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,032

Post#13 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:29 pm

winforlose wrote:4:00am and I cannot sleep. Naturally my thoughts turn to the Wolves, and more specifically do I want Kyle healthy enough to play tomorrow. My gut says no, but I did have an interesting idea about how to use him. What if Finch told Kyle when on offense and off the ball to literally never stop running. The only exception is when he is setting screens. He literally just runs between screens and cuts the entire time. Play him for 4-5 minute stints and just drain his batteries but totally mess with the Suns defense. Constant off ball screens means a lot of defensive motion and switching. If he is back door cutting all the time how do you ignore him. It keeps Kyle out of the corner and off ball for when Ant or Mike want to cook.

That's typically what Kyle does. He moves a lot on offense.

I think SlowMo can be vital if we need to go smaller in certain line-ups. His defensive versatility rivals anyone in the NBA.

That said, not every series is for everyone. Kyle Anderson is going to be super important if we make the next round against Denver. I thought he showed enough defensively on Jokic for spurts where we need him for 5-10 minutes on Jokic.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#14 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm

Colbinii wrote:

I think SlowMo can be vital if we need to go smaller in certain line-ups. His defensive versatility rivals anyone in the NBA.

That said, not every series is for everyone. Kyle Anderson is going to be super important if we make the next round against Denver. I thought he showed enough defensively on Jokic for spurts where we need him for 5-10 minutes on Jokic.

Sorry but no. Kyle has spent a lot of his time in the corner or on the ball. I am suggesting he is off ball and only stands still to set screens. I am talking about maximum movement and maximum disruption.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,032

Post#15 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:39 pm

winforlose wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Sorry but no. Kyle has spent a lot of his time in the corner or on the ball. I am suggesting he is off ball and only stands still to set screens. I am talking about maximum movement and maximum disruption.

I think SlowMo does a good job of cutting with purpose but our offense isn't predicated on movement and he isn't going to provide spacing while moving off-ball.

Players like Curry and Klay provide spacing while moving off-ball because they can catch and shoot in a split second.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 375

Post#16 » by Guest84 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm

FrenchMinnyFan wrote:This will be a tough one. Suns will adjust and we can expect Booker and Beal to shoot better. Hopefully KAT is doing a bit more and Mike come big at crutch time. I have not much doubt about our defense and ANT level. Go Wolves!

Beal actually shot pretty well (6/10) he just didn't shoot enough for them. Good thing too. Even though they'll adjust, you have to find a way to keep Book and Beal down. Let KD get his cause it won't hurt you too much but shut everything else down. Can't wait
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,932

Post#17 » by life_saver » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:27 pm

I have never seen Wolves being up by 2 games in a series...hoping I can see that happen today. I was bit too young to follow basketball back in 2004
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,860

Post#18 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It all comes down to taking care of business. We do that we win. This game is huge. 2-0 the Suns need to win 4 of the next five. We lose the Suns have home court advantage.

The best mindset the Wolves could have is to pretend they lost the last game, and need this one to survive. You do that, and you find that desperation/hunger again, and I think we go up 2-0 and essentially win the series tomorrow.

I actually think that desperation leads to panic and poor play. I'm in favor of cool confidence. Not arrogance or cockiness. Just confidence.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,932

Post#19 » by life_saver » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 pm

Against Grizz in 2022, Wolves had an absolute stinker of Game2 after winning Game1..hope that's not the case today
winforlose
General Manager

Post#20 » by winforlose » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:48 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I actually think that desperation leads to panic and poor play. I'm in favor of cool confidence. Not arrogance or cockiness. Just confidence.

The difference between Sunday and Saturday was hunger. They wanted it more, so they went and got it. Whether Mike had something to do with it or not, the word desperation was used by someone (I think Rudy,) and I want that feeling again. I want that same hunger that made Jaden rebound well, that made KAT dime out, that made Ant explode in the third, and that made Rudy hit 7 of 8 free throws. Playoffs are all about that next level, and tonight we need to reach it again. How they get there is up to the guys. All that matters is that they get there.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves