ImageImageImage

WCQ Game 2: Phoenix at Minnesota, 6:30 pm Tuesday (Wolves lead 1-0)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Re: WCQ Game 2: Phoenix at Minnesota, 6:30 pm Tuesday (Wolves lead 1-0) 

Post#281 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 pm

I will say it again...that 3rd foul from KAT was so goddamn dumb and the kind of thing a rookie would do, not something you'd expect from a supermax player who is in his 9th season. When you are already at 2 fouls in first quarter, you have to be smart about not getting clumsy and going for stupid fouls
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 627

Post#282 » by TwolvesFanRome » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm

SkyItaly did not show the match live but broadcast the match deferred at 11 in the morning. I don't know how I didn't access social media or Whatsapp chats... I resisted and it was worth it!!! Great defensive game!!! Almost touching in some parts...

I loved the impact McDaniels NAW and Rudy had...now let's keep our feet on the ground and our heads on our shoulders!

GO WOLVES!! ARRRRROOOOOO!!!!
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
life_saver
General Manager

Post#283 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:00 pm

Also noticed that KAT's gravity helped Jaden quite a bit in 4th quarter on lot of his drives
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 402

Post#284 » by Guest84 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 pm

The narrative is changing about the wolves and I HOPE they can close the deal on Phx. A win would almost surely help cement them as a contender going forward. I anticipate Phx getting 1 of 2 at home but this should be over in 5 at most.
Note - Still seeing a lot of Phx apologists though as if the wolves defense isn't helping cause some of the poor play.
life_saver
General Manager

Post#285 » by life_saver » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,431

Post#286 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:32 pm

Wolves are 3rd in playoff ORTG and 2nd in NETRTG.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,661

Post#287 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm

This guy is maybe the best out there with his reactions. Entertaining and informative.

https://youtu.be/E84pXSiyqKc?si=fPUFC9rWeJsf8-Ow
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Guest84
Pro Prospect
And1: 402

Post#288 » by Guest84 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm

I've been watching a lot of reaction vids today and it seems to be so hard for them to give the wolves credit without some sort of backhanded compliment.

Numerous videos downplaying the importance of Rudy to this team specifically. They all think he couldn't guard in space and thought he was overrated. They think it's all about blk/stl and don't understand the "nvm" and how much of a deterrent he is. Admittedly, it took me watching him regularly to understand this better.

Rachel Nichols described it perfectly, basically saying because some of the top guys talk down about Rudy, the rest of the league followed suit...kind of like mean girls. Ridiculous
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,604

Post#289 » by winforlose » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm

Guest84 wrote:I've been watching a lot of reaction vids today and it seems to be so hard for them to give the wolves credit without some sort of backhanded compliment.

Numerous videos downplaying the importance of Rudy to this team specifically. They all think he couldn't guard in space and thought he was overrated. They think it's all about blk/stl and don't understand the "nvm" and how much of a deterrent he is. Admittedly, it took me watching him regularly to understand this better.

Rachel Nichols described it perfectly, basically saying because some of the top guys talk down about Rudy, the rest of the league followed suit...kind of like mean girls. Ridiculous

People look at Chet and Wemby getting all these blocks and think wow. What they fail to get is Rudy doesn’t get the same number of blocks because people don’t want to attack Rudy. They have tried it for years and failed for years. Rudy is the MJ of defense, and people just love to hate on him for not being able to defend all 5 opponents at the same time.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#290 » by winforlose » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm

@Zonarosa I am still waiting for you to acknowledge we are the better team.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,431

Post#291 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:56 pm

I think the biggest thing in these 2 games vs the previous 3 was not letting Phoenix get those huge early leads.

In the regular season, they could coast down the stretch with the leads. But now we're making them play 4 quarters and the whole team is exhausted halfway through the 3rd.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,164

Post#292 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:19 pm

The series is over in my mind.

Phoenix might win a game or two, but as Dane and Kyle talked about postgame, I'm not sure what other wrinkles they can add to the gameplan that would completely derail us. Booker and/or Durant and/or Beal can go nuclear and shoot their way to taking a game, but honestly I think that's their best opportunity. Especially with Grayson Allen likely down and out.

We won Game 1 with Mike Conley and Naz Reid struggling. Last night, Towns, Ant, Reid, etc. didn't do a whole lot. And still we won both convincingly. The biggest worry is that Towns and Edwards start to play with their food, but I don't see Gobert and Conley allowing it to go very far.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#293 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#294 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 pm

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,990

Post#295 » by shrink » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 pm

Now, maybe I’m being a bit of a homer here, but my prediction is: “Wolves in Three.”

I predict Grayson Allen can’t go, Booker gets himself ejected complaining about fouls, and KD decides to rein it in for next year. After a Suns 40 point loss, when they’re asked about Game Four, they say, “Nah, we good” and start their vacations early.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#296 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 pm

Read on Twitter

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,990

Post#297 » by shrink » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:25 pm

Someone on the General board called Ant “Jordan before Pippen”

Made me think that we saw a little Pippen in last night’s Jaden McDaniels, right?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 717

Post#298 » by karch34 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 pm

shrink wrote:Now, maybe I’m being a bit of a homer here, but my prediction is: “Wolves in Three.”

In a best of 7 that is very homer-ish. :D
winforlose
General Manager

Post#299 » by winforlose » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 pm

Klomp wrote:The series is over in my mind.

Phoenix might win a game or two, but as Dane and Kyle talked about postgame, I'm not sure what other wrinkles they can add to the gameplan that would completely derail us. Booker and/or Durant and/or Beal can go nuclear and shoot their way to taking a game, but honestly I think that's their best opportunity. Especially with Grayson Allen likely down and out.

We won Game 1 with Mike Conley and Naz Reid struggling. Last night, Towns, Ant, Reid, etc. didn't do a whole lot. And still we won both convincingly. The biggest worry is that Towns and Edwards start to play with their food, but I don't see Gobert and Conley allowing it to go very far.

Between their own playoff narratives (Ant wants to build his legend and Karl wants to fix his reputation,) and the Mike Conley plea, I cannot imagine them playing with their food. They have a real incentive to win in four. Those extra days aren’t just rest days, they are game plan and practice days. They are days they can spend in Denver adjusting to the altitude. I wouldn’t even wait for the LAL vs DEN series to end. I would hop a plane straight from the Phoenix airport (assuming we win in 4,) and get to Denver early. Rent a private gym and get to work in altitude. If LAL steals it, great. If not, you have the jump on the Nuggets. Whoever wins the Wolves vs Nuggets series will be NBA champions!
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,918

Post#300 » by KGdaBom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 pm

Klomp wrote:The series is over in my mind.

I'm patting myself on the back for calling Allen and the Suns flat out stupid for playing him on a sprained ankle. Hopefully he's done for the series and that means done for the season.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves