ImageImageImage

WCS Game 1: Minnesota at Denver, Saturday

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cmoss84
Junior
And1: 103

Re: WCS Game 1: Minnesota at Denver, Saturday 

Post#301 » by cmoss84 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:22 am

I think Denver is/was torn about shooting a million 3s and letting the Joker do his thing. I antipate them choosing one to emphasize...have a feeling it will be a million 3s.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 198

Post#302 » by Loaf_of_bread » Mon May 6, 2024 3:55 am

We didn't double jokic much in the post, I'd like to see more of it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,182

Post#303 » by shrink » Mon May 6, 2024 4:55 am

guest81 wrote:**** it calling it. Ant is the best player in wolves history

Break every record
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#304 » by BlacJacMac » Mon May 6, 2024 5:31 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:We didn't double jokic much in the post, I'd like to see more of it.

Not me. Jokic is most dangerous when you make him a passer.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,596

Post#305 » by Note30 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:44 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:We didn't double jokic much in the post, I'd like to see more of it.

Terrible idea.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions
- March 2023
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,732

Post#306 » by Calinks » Mon May 6, 2024 6:15 am

shrink wrote:So happy to be watching this with you guys! I’m in the middle of a walkabout, and just grabbed a random hotel, someplace on the Oregon Pacific coast, so I didn’t miss this! Wolves aren’t disappointing!

For real? Are you really just walking for hours? Days? What does this walkabout consist of?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,661

Post#307 » by winforlose » Mon May 6, 2024 7:58 am

TimberKat wrote:
Guest84 wrote:I was seeing a lot of nuggets fans thinking that AG is better than Kat. It’s crazy how Karl’s reputation has dropped over the years. Similar to Chuck, it’s like they think Towns does nothing but shoot 3s. Where’s his 22ppg coming from then??

Chuck never watched a Twolves game they play the Nuggets. Towns was an all star this year and AG is not. Kenny/Chuck basically said I didn't know that is how they play

People look at a 20 point game compared to Ant’s 43 and say Karl had a bad game. But Ant took 29 shots to get those 43. That means other guys are shooting less. When Karl gives you 20 on 61.5 from the floor, 50% from deep, and 8 of 13 overall that isn’t playing badly at all. That is playing your role. Karl also does not get enough love for his regular season defense. He played great on Joker and before that great on KD, but his defensive numbers have been solid all season. AG is great when playing with Joker, but who wouldn’t be? Karl is great regardless of who he plays with, and that is the difference people don’t understand.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,978

Post#308 » by KGdaBom » Mon May 6, 2024 10:22 am

shrink wrote:The business was taken care of

Indeed it was. Let's take care of it again today. :rockon: :rock:
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,310

Post#309 » by trex_8063 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:32 pm

Loaf_of_bread wrote:Nba has already rescinded the Ant tech. Jamal Murray pistol shooter thing has been talked about on all platforms.

Towns (in particular), Ant, and essentially everyone on our team has backed off with complaining to the refs. No idea of who is behind it, but thank you to whoever it was.

Now we have a forum mod making statements of potential rigging? If we just play our game, with intention and discipline, we can overcome rigging (which isn't even happening)

I should have phrased that differently, because I'm being stamped with something that doesn't describe my beliefs. So I'll try to be more clear here:

My impression was that the refs were really letting them play (both sides), and that neither team was getting any special advantage of the officiating.......except for those two plays, which were both glaringly obvious terrible calls [one call, one no-call]----the ONLY two glaringly terrible calls I remember in the game----and both benefited Denver.

All I meant was that it gave me a moment of "what in the actual ****?!" as I watched.......because I generally think pretty highly of the NBA's officials, and it's at least a little unusual to see the refs blow two calls so tremendously in the same game: calls so bad that one----as you noted----has already been rescinded by the league; and imo, that wasn't even the worse of the two.

I realize lightning strikes sometimes, but it was nonetheless very frustrating to see it happen in such a tight game, in the playoffs no less: where every game is so important and a team's season is on the line. If Denver had won by just a point or two, those two calls could easily be looked at as having "cost" Minnesota the game........and it's a sick feeling when you see that happen in a playoff game.

But no, I don't believe "rigging" happens in the NBA, and did not mean to imply it does.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves