ImageImageImage

Wolves vs. Mavs, Saturday, 2:30PM, KSTC-45

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,893

Post#101 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:00 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Foye didn't play a single 30+ minute game in December either...but he did have a 6 minute and 7 minute game

dang, McCants is ballin'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270105016

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270113016

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270316009

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270313016

I found 4 30+ games Foye had in December, I too thought Casey wasn't giving Foye his fair share of minutes, but I was dead wrong, Casey actually gave Foye a HUGE amount of PT after the first few weeks of November.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#102 » by 4ho5ive » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:02 pm

Wasnt that first game you posted against Philly his first double-double?
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#103 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:02 pm

theGreatRC wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270105016

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270113016

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270316009

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270313016

I found 4 30+ games Foye had in December, I too thought Casey wasn't giving Foye his fair share of minutes, but I was dead wrong, Casey actually gave Foye a HUGE amount of PT after the first few weeks of November.

???

Those aren't in December. Two are from January and two are from March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/g ... atsId=4135
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM

Post#104 » by big3_8_19_21 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:04 pm

even when Case did start giving him minutes, they were still inconsistent minutes
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,893

Post#105 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:06 pm

oops I was looking at the wrong month cause my mouse kept scrolling up and down.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#106 » by casey » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:58 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:even when Case did start giving him minutes, they were still inconsistent minutes

Because his play was inconsistent. What do you expect?
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#107 » by deeney0 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:09 am

Shad has had two good games after several craptacular ones. Hold back your praise for a while. And you know what? Wolves weren't close in either of them. They cut the lead to 6 in Denver a couple of times, but that's only when the Nuggets fell asleep. They promptly woke up and had their way with the Wolves.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:28 am

deeney0 wrote:Shad has had two good games after several craptacular ones. Hold back your praise for a while. And you know what? Wolves weren't close in either of them. They cut the lead to 6 in Denver a couple of times, but that's only when the Nuggets fell asleep. They promptly woke up and had their way with the Wolves.

And this is somehow Shad's fault? I swear if he did nothing in either game, we shi+ on the guy, if he drops 34 and 21 in, we shi+ on the guy. What do you want out of him, this is year 2. He isnt some vet thats been in it for 5+ years and cant get it down. He has been getting inconsistent minutes, he goes out there and has 2 damn good games, and it isnt good enough, or he is a "stat padder". I dont get it.

Did you really expect us to be in games with 2 elite teams in the west?
deeney0
RealGM

Post#109 » by deeney0 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:44 am

No, injury or not, this is year 3. What do I want out of Shad? Same thing I've wanted all season: consistency, less stupid fouls, less turnovers. Don't blame Shad's production inconsistencies on his inconsistent minutes, it works the other way around. His playing time fluctuates because his production fluctuates.

Wolves have played better against elite teams than crap teams. Lest we forget, two or their four wins came against NO and Phoenix. I didn't expect W's, but I expected more from this team during this home stand.

In the Wolves 4 wins, here are Shad's stat lines:
Kings: 21 min, 6 points
Hornets: 36 min, 33 points
Suns: 23 min, 10 points
Pacers: DNP - Flu

I don't think the key to the Wolves success is Shad, but those four games are a microcosm of what Shad has shown this season - an occasional flash, but mostly a fizzle. And I think we've seen Shad pad his points all year. I bet he has more points when his team is down 12+ than any other player in the NBA.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#110 » by mandurugo » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:47 am

4ho5ive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have been saying this for some time now. We need to let McCants get started early and we need an outside threat for when they start throwing double and triples at Big Al.

So you don't think they are calling plays for him early in the game? He is a little disruptive to team play, as it takes him a while to decide what he is going to do, but I think they go to him as much early as late, and certainly on this team there should be plenty of touches to go around.

Anyway, it looks like he is still the guy keeping himself from playing, he really needs to work on not fouling people. I think the other reason he is more effective late in blow-outs is that the spacing on the floor and defensive intensity become much different. He is very effective when he has room to move - though this is a bit unfair, he did have some nice drives in traffic at times. Still, until he can play more than 5 minutes at a time in the first half he's going to be useless.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,060

Post#111 » by shrink » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:04 am

I went back to check what was different in our wins, and one that jumped out at me was the offensive play of Marko Jaric. While he was injured in that weird 131 pt IND win, in the three wins he played in, he averaged 16 PPG, 5 AST, and 4 RB .. numbers reminiscent of Ricky Davis. He has said he tries for more offense when he isn't the PG. Perhaps the return of Foye will help us double?
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#112 » by wolves_fan_82au » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:30 am

deeney0 wrote:No, injury or not, this is year 3. What do I want out of Shad? Same thing I've wanted all season: consistency, less stupid fouls, less turnovers. Don't blame Shad's production inconsistencies on his inconsistent minutes, it works the other way around. His playing time fluctuates because his production fluctuates.

Wolves have played better against elite teams than crap teams. Lest we forget, two or their four wins came against NO and Phoenix. I didn't expect W's, but I expected more from this team during this home stand.

In the Wolves 4 wins, here are Shad's stat lines:
Kings: 21 min, 6 points
Hornets: 36 min, 33 points
Suns: 23 min, 10 points
Pacers: DNP - Flu

I don't think the key to the Wolves success is Shad, but those four games are a microcosm of what Shad has shown this season - an occasional flash, but mostly a fizzle. And I think we've seen Shad pad his points all year. I bet he has more points when his team is down 12+ than any other player in the NBA.

Mccants is now getting to the line and drawing fouls something he wasnt doing most the year

hes still learning ,there are a lot of other guys on this team that are older and doing nothing but u dont have a go at them do u :crazy:
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:44 am

Well if this truly is his third year, than Green doesnt get a pass either. Lets take it a step further, when Foye eventually returns, whats the time frame before he has to play at Brandon Roy's level? Is he a bust or inconsistent if he doesnt play up to that level this season? I feel bad for Greg Oden, he's gonna be expected to be pretty damn excellent by your standards.

I dont think its fair to say McCants is a stat padder and your argument isnt fair in that no other team finds themselves down by 12+ more often than us. (He scored 33 against the Kings, not the Hornets.) That game was decided by what 4 maybe 5 points, was he padding his stats then? The game the other night against Denver when he scored 34, we lost by 11, we had the game within 6, yet another possible stat pad performance? No not in the slightest.

In fact, in games that he has scored in double digits, only 4 of those games were decided by 12 or more points. So yea, you're right he's been padding his stats all season and we have just been lying to ourselves :roll:
big3_8_19_21
RealGM

Post#114 » by big3_8_19_21 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:43 am

casey wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because his play was inconsistent. What do you expect?

point being that he was on a short leash.

Larger point being that I'm not missing Dwane Casey as a head coach.
deeney0
RealGM

Post#115 » by deeney0 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:17 pm

Green doesn't get a pass either? I think I've been harder on Green than anyone. I've only let up a bit because I didn't want to drive GeraldGreen5 to tears.

I'm not saying Shad is a bust or that he should be given up on, just that we've seen nice play from Shad before, what we haven't seen is consistency, so lets wait a bit before we get too excited.

The only reason the Denver game got to within 6 was that the Nuggets fell asleep. Don't mistake that for a good performance by the Wolves, it was just the Nuggz taking 5 or 6 minutes off during a 48 minutes game - and if they did that against an even halfways decent team, it would be a loss, but against the Wolves, they still won by double digits.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves