ImageImageImage

How much would you trade for Durant?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#21 » by SendEm » Sun Jun 1, 2008 10:31 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:EVERY team has had a better player picked after their pick at some point. We also drafted Kevin Garnett with the 5th pick, though.

That was like 25 years ago and he NO LONGER PLAYS FOR YOUR TEAM! This is about rebuilding your franchise NOT looking to receive credit for a player that was drafted 50 years ago. Brewer was drafted LAST SEASON and he played like a BUST. The Wolves FAILED with that pick, they FAILED with McCants and FAILED with Foye. All to varying degrees but none of those players are better than average NBA starters all around. Foye could definitely rebound and turn his career around but he certainly didn't start his career off like D.Wade who the "experts" were touting him as. Staying HEALTHY is part of being a good athlete...I'm sure if the Wolves could do the 2006 draft all over again they would draft Rudy Gay...
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#22 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jun 1, 2008 10:31 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because you touch yourself at night

:rofl:
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#23 » by deeney0 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 10:51 pm

No one said Foye was going to be D-Wade. I mostly heard Chauncey Billups, which (-shock-) is still what people are saying about him.

Provide evidence Brewer played like a bust. There's plenty of evidence against it. Let's start with minutes. Busts don't play 23 minutes a game in their first season. They playmore like 4.1 minutes per game in their second season (Patrick O'Bryant) or 8.1 minutes a game in their second season (JJ Reddick). Corey ended the season 9th in APG among rookies, 15th in rpg among rookies, and 20th in ppg among rookies. The only other rookies in the top 25 in all three catagories? Durant, Thornton, Green, Scola, Horford, Moon, Sessions, and Powell.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#24 » by casey » Sun Jun 1, 2008 11:26 pm

deeney0 wrote:No one said Foye was going to be D-Wade. I mostly heard Chauncey Billups, which (-shock-) is still what people are saying about him.

Provide evidence Brewer played like a bust. There's plenty of evidence against it. Let's start with minutes. Busts don't play 23 minutes a game in their first season. They playmore like 4.1 minutes per game in their second season (Patrick O'Bryant) or 8.1 minutes a game in their second season (JJ Reddick). Corey ended the season 9th in APG among rookies, 15th in rpg among rookies, and 20th in ppg among rookies. The only other rookies in the top 25 in all three catagories? Durant, Thornton, Green, Scola, Horford, Moon, Sessions, and Powell.

It's easier to get minutes when you're playing for one of the worst teams in the league rather than being in the playoff hunt. Brewer certainly isn't a bust though. At least not yet.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
SendEm
Banned User

Post#25 » by SendEm » Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:01 am

Brewer was a lottery pick that couldn't play extended minutes for one of THE worst teams in the NBA. What more needs to be said? If you are going to present Brewer's statistical rank, do so, but show his rankings for the ENTIRE league not just rookie rankings. You can't believe that rookie rankings mean anything? If there are 4-5 impact starters that play 10+years out of a SINGLE draft then the draft was very good. Being a SF/SG that is 20th in Rookie ppg and only shot 37.4% from the field while being the 8th pick overall on one of the WORST teams in the NBA definitely equates to being a bust. If he makes a significant improvement he STILL would be playing crappy. LMAOOOOOO. He has so far to improve JUST to become an AVERAGE NBA starter at SF/SG. 15ppg 44.0%fg 35.0%3pt 5 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 35mpg seems like a season stat line that he will be LUCKY to attain.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#26 » by deeney0 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:22 am

Corey played as many minutes as other rookies who were on teams just as bad as the Wolves. Your entire claim there is erroneous.

I'm not sure Corey will ever have a 15 ppg season. I'd bet against it. He doesn't have to average that to be an impact player. You can't just look at scoring. But I don't really expect you to be able to make a distinction like that.

Why are you still here?
SendEm
Banned User

Post#27 » by SendEm » Mon Jun 2, 2008 2:22 am

deeney0 wrote:
I'm not sure Corey will ever have a 15 ppg season. I'd bet against it. He doesn't have to average that to be an impact player. You can't just look at scoring. But I don't really expect you to be able to make a distinction like that.

Why are you still here?

It's VERY obvious that I didn't just put up a 15ppg scoring average for Brewer...I'm done with you. :crazy:
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#28 » by TheProdigy » Mon Jun 2, 2008 2:46 am

We've been done with you for some time now SendEm. You're a turd that won't flush. GO AWAY.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#29 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:19 am

SendEm is like that cut on the roof of your mouth, its funkin annoying and it would go away if you would just stop tonguing it, but you cant.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#30 » by dunkonu21 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:50 am

4ho5ive wrote:I believe thats cuz his own board doesnt even like him.

That doesn't stop me! :D

And i'm not a troll on other boards either.

Corey Brewer has shown talent enough for most fans to be reasonably encouraged. Even most people who don't like Brewer won't say he's a bust because they see he has some good skills. By saying he's a 100% bust you are being unreasonable. You seem to be good at that.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#31 » by dunkonu21 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:54 am

Back on topic. I would trade #3 and McCants, but I would not throw in Brew Crew. That's a bit much IMO.
MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#32 » by MN Die Hard » Mon Jun 2, 2008 12:53 pm

casey wrote:They can take everything other than Al.

shrink wrote:This question is academic. Durant is the face of the Sonics. He's their one piece of hope for fans that need hope more than any other. He will not be traded.

Agree and agree.

I'd give up pretty much whatever Seattle wanted to pair Durant and Jefferson but as shrink says its not happening. Durant is as untouchable in Seattle as Al is here.

We probably wouldnt trade Jefferson straight up for Durant right? I suspect Seattle would turn that offer down as well. Durant and Jefferson are now both the faces of their respective franchises, so for reasons that go beyond their abilities on the court, neither are going anywhere for quite a while.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves