ImageImageImage

Minn/Det

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cmc32124
Sophomore
And1: 0

Minn/Det 

Post#1 » by cmc32124 » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:31 pm

With Joe Dumars thinking about blowing up the core in detroit, could we have something to offer them?

I was just thinking something like this....

To Detroit:

Antoine Walker
Rashad McCants

To Minnesota:

Jason Maxiell
Tayshaun Prince

Reason for Detroit:

They get to shake their core up which is what Dumars is wanting to do. They also gain a lot of salary cap space perhaps to make a move on Dwade, or Lebron? Also, with Billups turning 33 and Rasheed on his last year in his contract, they will probably look to blow some things up.

Billups/Stuckey
RIP/McCants
Johnson/Hayes
Wallace/?
McDyess/Ratliff

For Minnesota:

They get a great starting and proven option at the 3 and a great player in Maxiell(who i think is a better Craig Smith). Getting Maxiell will also save the wolves some money because they wont have to sign Smith back next year.

Minnesota Lineup:

Foye/Telfair
Mayo/Jaric
Prince/Brewer
Jefferson/Maxiell
FA/McCants+second rounders

Also, i understand that this kind of offer wont be liked by Detroit fans, but no team that starts rebuilding likes the trades for their players. Atleast right away they dont.
I can tell you tons of people that didnt like the KG trade right away, so i think we could just use this as a starting point to see if we have anything to give detroit.

Constructive criticism always welcomed.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#2 » by theGreatRC » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:33 pm

All we give up is Toine for Maxiell and Prince?

Detroit laughs
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#3 » by cpfsf » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:33 pm

detroit would never agree to that
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#4 » by cmc32124 » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:36 pm

theGreatRC wrote:All we give up is Toine for Maxiell and Prince?

Detroit laughs

Agreed, but if they are looking to blow things up, cause Billups is 32 almost 33, and Rasheed is in the last year of his contract, 10 million off the books(Walkers Expiring) is nice in that sort of position.

We could also throw in McCants if it was a must but i think that would be a very solid starting 5.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:48 pm

Don't think about it from our point of view, think about it from theirs. If there is one guy that's staying put in Detroit, it's Prince. Of their core, he's by far the youngest. And, in the very unlikely even he is the one to go, it would be in attempts to make one last run THIS YEAR, not an expiring contract. Something like a package for AI or T-Mac.
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#6 » by cmc32124 » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:50 pm

im going to rearrange this since its pretty one sided. What if you add McCants to the deal?

Antoine Walker
Rashad McCants

For

Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell

This way, the Pistons get Rashad to put next to stuckey in a young and talented backcourt, and they also get a very good amount of cap space free'd up from Walkers contract.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#7 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:51 pm

With them looking to blow things up I bet Prince and Maxiell are two of the pieces they look to keep.

What we could do is use the Walker exp contract to help in a 3 way. Giving the contract for one of the high priced guys and allowing a 3rd team to get the vet and then we get picks/piece.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#8 » by cpfsf » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:52 pm

cmc32124 wrote:im going to rearrange this since its pretty one sided. What if you add McCants to the deal?

Antoine Walker
Rashad McCants

For

Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell

This way, the Pistons get Rashad to put next to stuckey in a young and talented backcourt, and they also get a very good amount of cap space free'd up from Walkers contract.

Detroit hates it. Portland could easily offer a better package with #13 and a few more pieces. Prince just turned 28, he plays great defense. A lot of teams will offer better things.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#9 » by deeney0 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:11 am

McCants adds nothing from Detroit's point of view. I don't think there's anything they'd take for Prince on this team except Al or #3, which would be exceptionally foolish on our part.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:37 am

I love how you explained why MN does this...
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:38 am

don't listen to these guys, your offer is super awesome. Now go post it on the Detroit board and get their opinions
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:55 am

*Goes to his 2k roster*

Yea, Detroit accepted, lets git r done.
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#13 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:08 am

I understand all the sarcasm but if Detroit feels like they need to press the Restart Button, then i think they get a good SG in McCants, and they get 10 Million in Walkers expiring.

Am i saying that we can offer the best players or the best package? NO, but im just giving out some options if we were to trade with detroit.
theGreatRC
RealGM

Post#14 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:20 am

We're just looking out for you.

If you posted this on the trade board, everyone except Minny fans would marinate and roast you.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#15 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:28 am

theGreatRC wrote:We're just looking out for you.

If you posted this on the trade board, everyone except Minny fans would marinate and roast you.

I understand and i thank you, but i know im not the greatest trade mind on this board. Thats why i just wanted to come up with something that maybe someone could turn into a good deal for both teams, or atleast something a little less lopsided.

im a good sport, i can take the criticism, but i would like to it to be a little bit more constructive. Instead of telling me what a bad trade it is, what would you offer instead?

Thanks guys
theGreatRC
RealGM

Post#16 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:50 am

Here are some quotes by Piston threads i've be reading to give you an idea of who the fans want gone, and what they might want:

Has to go - Flip, Sheed and Tay
Could go - Billups, McDyess
Stays - Rip, Amir, Maxey, Stuckey

I agree its time for Sheed to go, hes a 13 mil expiring its time for him to move on. We need some draft picks- its time to get younger.

Get rid of everyone besides Taysahun/Stuckey/Amir

First off, we need a SMALL FORWARD- a big small forward, Tay was fantastic for the first two series and the first 2 games of the Boston series. However, he tired out, and that was easy to see as he continued to expend the most energy out of all the starters. Joe Dumars must finally adress the lack of adequate backup to Tayshaun. Finding Tay a good backup- who is big and strong will be more beneficial to the team than trading Tayshaun. The only way to find that backup is to draft him. Somebody needs to be included in a trade that will net Detroit Joe Alexander.

stay:
Tay (keep him.... he WILL become an allstar if he continues to develop)
stuck
lalo (he just needs more minutes and trust from curry..... yes i said curry
maxy
amir
billups
rip

We need to get a go-to alpha scorer and teams don't give those bigs away, so it looks like Prince is the man to go.

Hell, dump the old guys and roll with Maxiell, Amir, and Samb. Yes our front-court will suck in a differnet way but at least it'll be exciting.

I got these quotes from here:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=36

Only quoted the first few pages, but you get the idea. A lot of them want Maxiell to stay, some are open to trading Tay, some are not.

Take out Maxiell in your first trade, and try to make Antoine Walker more exciting, maybe giving them their 2nd rounder this year + Miami's lotto pick next year or something like that. I'm not a trade guru either, so I wouldn't know how to make a good trade.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#17 » by Krapinsky » Thu Jun 5, 2008 1:58 am

For one, if we take back Prince, they'll definitely ask for Brewer. Brewer + Walker + Miami pick would be close to equal value in my opinion. Even then a trade doesn't really make sense between Detroit and MN. Detroit will still be looking to contend, MN is too far away. Something like this will make more sense for us next summer.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#18 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 2:12 am

I think Prince is the least likely to get traded.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#19 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:45 am

theGreatRC wrote:Here are some quotes by Piston threads i've be reading to give you an idea of who the fans want gone, and what they might want:

Has to go - Flip, Sheed and Tay
Could go - Billups, McDyess
Stays - Rip, Amir, Maxey, Stuckey

I agree its time for Sheed to go, hes a 13 mil expiring its time for him to move on. We need some draft picks- its time to get younger.

Get rid of everyone besides Taysahun/Stuckey/Amir

First off, we need a SMALL FORWARD- a big small forward, Tay was fantastic for the first two series and the first 2 games of the Boston series. However, he tired out, and that was easy to see as he continued to expend the most energy out of all the starters. Joe Dumars must finally adress the lack of adequate backup to Tayshaun. Finding Tay a good backup- who is big and strong will be more beneficial to the team than trading Tayshaun. The only way to find that backup is to draft him. Somebody needs to be included in a trade that will net Detroit Joe Alexander.

stay:
Tay (keep him.... he WILL become an allstar if he continues to develop)
stuck
lalo (he just needs more minutes and trust from curry..... yes i said curry
maxy
amir
billups
rip

We need to get a go-to alpha scorer and teams don't give those bigs away, so it looks like Prince is the man to go.

Hell, dump the old guys and roll with Maxiell, Amir, and Samb. Yes our front-court will suck in a differnet way but at least it'll be exciting.

I got these quotes from here:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=36

Only quoted the first few pages, but you get the idea. A lot of them want Maxiell to stay, some are open to trading Tay, some are not.

Take out Maxiell in your first trade, and try to make Antoine Walker more exciting, maybe giving them their 2nd rounder this year + Miami's lotto pick next year or something like that. I'm not a trade guru either, so I wouldn't know how to make a good trade.

Thanks for all the research. Who knows, maybe Prince could be had, but at what price?
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#20 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 4:53 am

TheFranchise21 wrote:I think Prince is the least likely to get traded.

You might be right. I think its a good chance that Sheed (with only one year left), and Billups (who is going to be 33 this year) will be traded.

But if they are trading two of the main four guys in Detroit, why not start over completely. The only other guys you would really have to get rid of is Prince and McDyess.

After that, you still have Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell and Amir Johnson, all oh whom have been good or great this season. You will also have all the picks/cap space/veterans from the trades you made to get rid of the the main 4 guys.

The reason that i singled out Prince was that he is probably the guy you could get for the cheapest, and he is younger than most of the others. So he would fit on our team a little better than Billups or Sheed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves