ImageImageImage

It's Beasley and this mock says why.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#21 » by B Calrissian » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:10 pm

You would really trade the 3rd pick for CV and the 8th pick?? I would do that if it was Yi but not CV (power forward version of McCants).

* What did you do to those guys on Kfan to make them dislike you so much. I just went to the site for the first time and I don't think I will go back much.
buzzbomb
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by buzzbomb » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:11 pm

IcemanMN wrote:So the rube comes here and promotes his own blog??? Where's the IGNORE POSTER button.
Maybe you should go back to the KFAN circle jerk and talk about all the players you've never seen once.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#23 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:13 pm

yes, this guys a turd.

ignored.
DG4L
Freshman

Post#24 » by DG4L » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:47 pm

buzzbomb
Freshman

Post#25 » by buzzbomb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am

B Calrissian wrote:You would really trade the 3rd pick for CV and the 8th pick?? I would do that if it was Yi but not CV (power forward version of McCants).

* What did you do to those guys on Kfan to make them dislike you so much. I just went to the site for the first time and I don't think I will go back much.
It might be the last of those trades mentioned I would want, but if Beasley is out then It would depend on how I felt about Alexander. Since I love the guy, I would be thrilled with a front line of Jefferson Villaneueva and Alexander. All three are good shot blockers. All three are plus athletically at the position the're in. With CV Smith can be thrown into a trade to get depth at the 5. A lot of offense on that front line lets you start Brewer at the 2 and you have one hell of a lot of length. I tell you what, it would be a fun team.

As to KFAN I pulled back the curtain and revealed the sad life of a group of losers so lonely that they will sit on a computer all day every day arguing something they don't understand in any way. You'd think that they could spend some of that time watching a game or something, but I guess your computer can't watch a game with you. So sad. At least we know that there is exactly zero chance of their pathetic shortcomings being passed to future generations, unless......can they mate with a blowup doll, or a Celtics jersey, or their mom?
buzzbomb
Freshman

Post#26 » by buzzbomb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:yes, this guys a turd.

ignored.
That was unnecessary.

~TF21
Oh, I guess I don't know where the line is. I guess next time I'll just respond with an equally literate and well reasoned, No, you're a turd. Welcome back to third grade.
delux55
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#27 » by delux55 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 am

Ok Im not a moderator for the board but if one was here Im sure this would be locked. Enough with name calling. Its accomplishes nothing and destracts from actual NBA draft conversations that should take place.
mnWI
General Manager
And1: 47

Post#28 » by mnWI » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:29 am

buzzbomb wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It might be the last of those trades mentioned I would want, but if Beasley is out then It would depend on how I felt about Alexander. Since I love the guy, I would be thrilled with a front line of Jefferson Villaneueva and Alexander. All three are good shot blockers. All three are plus athletically at the position the're in. With CV Smith can be thrown into a trade to get depth at the 5. A lot of offense on that front line lets you start Brewer at the 2 and you have one hell of a lot of length. I tell you what, it would be a fun team.

As to KFAN I pulled back the curtain and revealed the sad life of a group of losers so lonely that they will sit on a computer all day every day arguing something they don't understand in any way. You'd think that they could spend some of that time watching a game or something, but I guess your computer can't watch a game with you. So sad. At least we know that there is exactly zero chance of their pathetic shortcomings being passed to future generations, unless......can they mate with a blowup doll, or a Celtics jersey, or their mom?

Really? You sure about this? A lot of people have seen these prospects as much as you have. Difference is, they know something about basketball. Get the **** over yourself.
delux55
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#29 » by delux55 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 am

^^^ good to see the flooding didnt get ya down there MNWI.
Kurosawa
Sophomore

Walker for Blount is a no-go until a week after the draft 

Post#30 » by Kurosawa » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:09 am

A Walker-for-Blount trade would be disallowed on draft night. A traded player cannot be reaquired in the same year (July 1-June 30). Neither Blount nor Walker can return to the Wolves and Heat, respectively, until after June 30. I'm not that wild about reacquiring Blount anyway. He's a stiff on the court and a cancer in the locker room.

That's not to say that a Miami-Minnesota trade shouldn't happen. Give the Heat their No. 1 pick back if that will seal the deal.
DG4L
Freshman

Post#31 » by DG4L » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:36 am

mnWI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Really? You sure about this? A lot of people have seen these prospects as much as you have. Difference is, they know something about basketball. Get the **** over yourself.

Is this Jonathan Givony from Draft Express? If so, who do think the Wolves should pick at #3?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#32 » by revprodeji » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:39 am

If you want to know who Jon G wants for the wolves, why not read DX? That is kind of the point of the site.

Nice seeing you again MnWI.

BuzzBomb...I am concerned about you right now. Please prove me wrong. The Mia/MN trade rumors are a sad attempt for Miami to try and get more value when they cannot make their mind up. MN has no reason to trade up unless we see one of the prospects better than the other.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
MN Die Hard
Analyst

Post#33 » by MN Die Hard » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:18 am

Devilz....just when I thought your posts couldnt get any better, you go and make an obscure Godfather reference.

Kudos to you sir.

And kudos again.
DG4L
Freshman

Post#34 » by DG4L » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:38 am

revprodeji wrote:If you want to know who Jon G wants for the wolves, why not read DX? That is kind of the point of the site.

BuzzBomb...I am concerned about you right now. Please prove me wrong. The Mia/MN trade rumors are a sad attempt for Miami to try and get more value when they cannot make their mind up. MN has no reason to trade up unless we see one of the prospects better than the other.

I'm always reading Draft Express but JG does a good job evaluating both the strengths and weaknesses of each player so it's difficult to tell who he favors.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Re: It's Beasley and this mock says why. 

Post#35 » by TheFranchise21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:36 am

buzzbomb wrote:Beasley will end up a TWolf and this mock shows how and why. There is an explanation for every pick from player and team standpoint. Created by someone that watched every team and every player. Or maybe you'd rather go with the mock that had Rick Rickert going 5TH or the one that hyped Tskidishvili into a top 5 pick? This mock is guaranteed to make you smarter. Unless you are one of those that thinks Foye sucks. There is no hope for you then. Get excited! Michael freakin Beasley! It's gonna happen.

http://spaldingtattoo.blogspot.com/

buzzbomb wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Appreciate the proof reading. I'll fix it. By the way, is proof reading two words or one?

Seems to me like you're just plugging your blog.

Who in particular are you ripping on with those Rickert and Skita references? You shouldn't rip on someone when you have no proof that you, yourself, thought those players weren't going to be any good before their respective drafts. A lot of GMs thought Skita was going to be a good player, that's why he went 5th.

If that is indeed your work, why don't you just come out and say up front that you are the person who wrote it?
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#36 » by Hoops23 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Beasley is the better player than Mayo, and aside from their stats in college, no wonder in most Mock drafts he is being projected to go first than Mayo. I'm not surpise as what the blog says that McHale raved about Beasley on the radio the night of the lotto when he knew they wouldn't get him

While Beasley is a nice player, Miami is very high on Boozer and Brand, as what was reported on numerous reports in Miami. Aside that Miami likes those two players, particulary Brand whom they signed in the past, PG is the most pressing need. If Miami missed out on Rose, trading the pick that could get Miami additional cap space and a PG makes sense. Thats why rumors of Miller, Lowry & #5 to Miami comes out. Seattle is also a good trading partner with their players with expiring contract and possible draft picks for a PG in Mayo or Bayless. I'm not surprise too if the writer link Miami to Minny because of Walker expiring contract and a PG like Mayo, aside that McHale raved about Beasley.
buzzbomb
Freshman

Post#37 » by buzzbomb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:35 pm

revprodeji wrote:If you want to know who Jon G wants for the wolves, why not read DX? That is kind of the point of the site.

Thanks for the concern. Feel free to pray for my immortal soul. As to Mia, you need to look at the timing of their comments and leaks. What could they possibly get from leaking that they like Mayo? Absolutely no one is trading to 2 to get Mayo. Beasley yes, not Mayo. So if they are just trying to drum up value for the pick and not any particular player, why name Mayo? They would be pumping how much they love Beasley. Naming Mayo diminishes the value of the pick as it relates to everyone who would want Beasley. That makes zero sense. They also had nothing to say specifically about players until it became universally agreed that CHI would take Rose. Then the first name out of MIA is Mayo? There is one reason only for that. They are softening up their fans, who of course only listen to ESPN talking head idiots saying 100% that there are only two players in this draft. Now, I think we can both agree that if the Heat trade down past us, they will not get Mayo. So why would they put out a name that ,if they can't trade with us and have to go down to MEM, won't be there? To piss off their fans? Another great player you liked and failed to get? No way. This is the deal that made itself. Now of course CHI could nix this by taking Beasley, that aint gonna happen. So all that's left to screw this up is us being too stubborn to give something up (a huge mistake) It's not like MIA loses if they have to take Beasley. He's the best player in the draft. They will not take the PR hit taking Mayo at 2 and getting nothing more. And if you didn't hear McHale's interview then you don't understand the absolute man crush he has on Beasley. He will give something up. If he can get Taylor to take Blount for Walker it is an absolute bargain for us. All it does is push our cap room back half a year to the trading deadline of season after next. Have you seen this years FA crop? It's crap. Especially at the positions we would be seeking. Look I'm no psychic. I'm no fake ass Nostradamous. I'm the guy who came here over and over and said KG is getting traded every time there was an article with quotes from everyone in the FO that we were not trading him. You all bashed me and I just laughed. I couldn't understand how you didn't see it. How did I know? Because the truth is always between the lines. No one ever bothers to think about why someone would say something. Why now? Why a quote from that guy? The Devil is in the details my man. On draft night at #2 MIA will select Beasley. At#3 Min will select O.J. Mayo. Then Stern comes out and says,"We have a trade to announce." Get excited homes! If the draft were today, that's what would happen.
buzzbomb
Freshman

Re: Walker for Blount is a no-go until a week after the draf 

Post#38 » by buzzbomb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Kurosawa wrote:A Walker-for-Blount trade would be disallowed on draft night. A traded player cannot be reaquired in the same year (July 1-June 30). Neither Blount nor Walker can return to the Wolves and Heat, respectively, until after June 30. I'm not that wild about reacquiring Blount anyway. He's a stiff on the court and a cancer in the locker room.

That's not to say that a Miami-Minnesota trade shouldn't happen. Give the Heat their No. 1 pick back if that will seal the deal.
Half of draft night trades are not officially consumated until the new league season. It doesn't keep them from happening. It's just technicalities. Mia also has to take Beasley and trade him after he is their property because you can't trade #1 pick two years in a row and they owe us next years. It's all just ink.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#39 » by 4ho5ive » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:49 pm

So....if you are wrong (and you will be wrong) would you make a promise to leave in peace and not come back?
buzzbomb
Freshman

Re: It's Beasley and this mock says why. 

Post#40 » by buzzbomb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:07 pm

TheFranchise21 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Seems to me like you're just plugging your blog.

Who in particular are you ripping on with those Rickert and Skita references? You shouldn't rip on someone when you have no proof that you, yourself, thought those players weren't going to be any good before their respective drafts. A lot of GMs thought Skita was going to be a good player, that's why he went 5th.

If that is indeed your work, why don't you just come out and say up front that you are the person who wrote it?
NBADraft.net had Rickert #5 And DraftExpress pumped Skita because they were the only site that had any insight into Europe at the time. And no I don't have written evidence of not liking Rickert. All I have is the 25 high school games I saw him play (I'm from Duluth) and the fond memmories of all of us laughing our asses off at the notion of him at #5. As to Skita, 1 GM thought he was good and they were dead wrong. How do you get that wrong? Man I don't know. But I'm betting there were a lot of GM's (Like the next 10 in that draft) that were thrilled he was gone. And look if you don't want to see what I have to say, cool. If you disagree with what I say, cool, let me know what. Show me I'm wrong and I'll admit it. I'll even credit you with correcting me. All I say is this. My opinions come from a careful reading of the known facts and the context in which those facts exist. Context is a concept that seems to be completely foreign to todays fast food mentality. Take the time to ask why. Why did they say that? Why did they say that now? Why is it that guy saying it? Is that the entirity of the quote, or did they take one line out of context because it makes a better story? That's what I do. If you don't agree then that's your business. My opinions derive from my borderline obsessive love of watching sports, and a propensity for critical thinking. Then I might get pissed and swear a little or dog someone because, well, I guess that's just fun.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves